So, tonights tea was..........................

Auric Goldfinger

On the subject of 'Teas' or thereabouts, I watch a YouToob channel called "Gary Eats". It's a food review channel (yes, another one) but it is a bit quirky, with the frontman being slightly awkward and self conscious in the British tradition. He is also really enthusiastic about his reviewing and takes it all very seriously. I've enjoyed his reviews immensely as he covers everything from Gordon Ramsey  restaurants, to Wendys and Fish and Chip shops. 

As he says in his intro "Give it a go"

https://www.youtube.com/@GaryEats/videos

I just re-read my previous post and see that you could interpret what I said as being I actually added a mug of tea to the soup. Looking at the photo I think I may have :D 

• Haha 1

I made some naughty but nice penne pasta with lots of grated mozzarella & double cream with garlic, onion, strips of smoked bacon with grilled plaice & garlic toast for tea, Very nice it was too.

2bnb9ktl.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

Why is it that leftover bolognaise, Chinese or a Curry always seems to taste better a day or two after?

Serious answer - It gives the main flavours of the sauce time to meld and mature; the same thing also frequently applies to soups.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, olduns said:

Tonight's snack is.....

20240330-184751.jpg

No matching glass for the Beer unfortunately

I see your cruets are in heavy discourse :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, @Lee said:

We have a very similar salt and pepper set @Gaz Are they battery powered as well? 

Yeah wiv LEDs too, they were a pressie a couple of years back.  I'd struggled for many years with the wooden ones that get stuck (where you have to go back and forth to free them off ).  Operating them only using one hand was do-able, but a bit tedious.  These are a revelation 👍  The downside being I've probably upped my salt (and pepper) intake a fair bit 🙄

G

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Yeah wiv LEDs too, they were a pressie a couple of years back.  I'd struggled for many years with the wooden ones that get stuck (where you have to go back and forth to free them off ).  Operating them only using one hand was do-able, but a bit tedious.  These are a revelation 👍  The downside being I've probably upped my salt (and pepper) intake a fair bit 🙄

G

LEDs? Ours aren't that extravagant 😂

2 hours ago, olduns said:

20240403-181310.jpg

New one for me......Venison burger  😋

Caramelised Hot X Buns later swilled down with a local micro-brewery ale 🍺 

i havent had venison in a while. 

gamey but delicious..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, olduns said:

20240403-181310.jpg

New one for me......Venison burger  😋

Caramelised Hot X Buns later swilled down with a local micro-brewery ale 🍺 

That picture makes me think that I'm standing behind a white cat with brown markings, which is looking out of the window and watching the spaghetti-hoop rain fall...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, John2022 said:

I don’t believe in cruets; salt is banned and pepper is added before the incineration phase of the operation – therefore they are superfluous

I do believe in them, but Heaven help anyone who applies them to untasted food!

• Like 2