So, tonights tea was..........................

Auric Goldfinger

So tonights tea was...or more accurately 'tonight tea will be' (still not quite ready) Cumberland sausage, waffles, beans (of course) and possibly an egg on top :) Wish me and my cholesterol 'luck'

• Like 1

So my tonight's tea was ('coz I've already eaten it) a chicken dopiaza curry with pilau rice; piccy is of the leftovers:

Coarse chopped chicken (Aldi) tossed in seasoned flour and quick-fried in olive oil to just brown the meat, then the spices added (from the Aldi Dopiaza curry where the frying spices are separate) and stir fried for another 5 minutes.  Added the goo (technical term) plus an additional half jar of hot water, stirred and simmered gently for 20 minutes.

In another pan lightly fried a medium coarse-chopped onion until it just started to go transparent, then put to one side.

Once meat has simmered stir in the onion and continue to heat for a couple of minutes.

Rice (Uncle Ben's pilau on offer at Asda at 99p!) says to nuke for 2 minutes.  I prefer a little texture to my rice - sort of "al dente" so I nuke it for 1m40s only.

Empty rice onto heated plate, fluff with a fork and opn out into a hollow circle.  Spoon in curry.  Eat!

20201020_222151.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, StickyMicky said:

Just FYI here's a piccy of one of Aldi's 'separate spices' curry sauces (other curry sauces are - of course - available):

20201021_004443.jpg

could you check - 

do they use sun flower oil in those?

im allergic to sun flower seeds

21 hours ago, mac11irl said:

do they use sun flower oil in those?

I'll have to check them individually but tonight's Punjabi Inspired Bhuna doesn't - rapeseed (or for those of a delicate disposition, canola) instead of sunflower.

The dish was excellent BTW - just the right balance of flavour and fire, as was the tomato and onion salad :)

punjab inspired bhuna ingredients.jpg

• Thanks 1

thanks. its a dose tryin to find some stuff thats not Sunflower oiled.

even most dried fruit!!

dried cranberries - ingredients: cranberries, sunflower oil.

what the F@%&?????

On 24/10/2020 at 16:14, olduns said:

Not strictly tea as such.... 

Was going to be Coffee only on this pm"s MTB head clearing ride but as it was £5 minimum.... 

IMG-20201024-140022.jpg

Waste not, want not. That's always my policy too.

So, another meal from the construction zone.

Aldi Chicken Tikka Masala, Uncle Ben''s (cheap) Pilau Rice and a sprig of weed from the garden:

chicken tikka masala 2020-10-25.jpg

• Like 4

made the bbc good food recipe banana breas today with spud sr.  

alterations - less sugar than recipe, and i do 50/50 white and demerara sugar. 

also reduce the oven heat to 160, and cook longer to stop it burning before the middle is done. half it was gone by end of lunchtime .

• Like 1

made Apple Muffin Loaf after work today with spud sr -

20201105_184447.thumb.jpg.8cc7554461cbaa198b5fa90644390ace.jpg

its hard to see in the lighting but ots actually pink, as spud decided he wanted to add red food colouring to it :D

but, despite that... delicious. :)

• Like 2

I've been locked-in at work for the last week or so (actually locked in a building as it also had a hotel and only just seen the sky for the first time in a week today! :D - not in prison) and I am looking forward to seeing peoples teas and eating ones of my own :) 

Off to M and S to see if there is any food as I gather there has been a second panic-buy gone on while I have been indisposed :( I'm Thinking crisps, ready meal and beer for tea :D 

18 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

I've been locked-in at work for the last week or so (actually locked in a building as it also had a hotel and only just seen the sky for the first time in a week today! :D - not in prison) and I am looking forward to seeing peoples teas and eating ones of my own :) 

Just think how poor old George must be feeling then.......

I hope you had someone in to feed his stomach, and his ego, Lol.........:giggle: