New Octavia 2020 vRS?

uno234

1 minute ago, TheWanderer said:

In on the 20th for visit #13. 👿

My last 3 Skoda's, 2 Superbs and 1 Octavia since April 2016 have covered 50,000 trouble free miles with just routine servicing. The lucky dip of car ownership.:)

1 minute ago, TheWanderer said:

You got two hope's. 

Bob and No. As Bob's now dead. No hope. 

I think you need to stop swearing at the car because you have clearly upset it's feelings. BTW my name is Bob and I'm very much alive fortunately.:whew:

• Haha 1

Another report which is pretty useless I admit, but not as useless as two folk talking about a mk3 on a mk4 section.

Can you give your verbal diarrhea a rest please, people have come to this thread to read about the mk4 vRS. If I want to read about someone complaining about their mk3 I'll go to the mk3 section.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/octavia/352712/new-skoda-octavia-vrs-2020-ride-review    At least there's some pretty pictures, if you like Meteor Grey that is. :D

So from what I can gather, the ICE-only variants of the mk. 4 vRS will feature a 6-speed manual gearbox (with presumably a DSG option) for the petrol, but the diesel will be DSG only, with a 4WD option?  Has this been confirmed?

Very disappointed if this is the case - I'd be VERY interested in a diesel IF it had a 6M gearbox, but zero interest in DSG.  Don't think I want a petrol version - my current mk 3 TDi has more than enough grunt, and is economical to run - a petrol with a third more power, and (I assume) several insurance groups higher, not to mention much lower MPG, would be a step too far.

Will there be any 6M option on the TDi, do we know?

• Like 1

On 12/07/2020 at 12:47, Matt H said:

So from what I can gather, the ICE-only variants of the mk. 4 vRS will feature a 6-speed manual gearbox (with presumably a DSG option) for the petrol, but the diesel will be DSG only, with a 4WD option?  Has this been confirmed?

Very disappointed if this is the case - I'd be VERY interested in a diesel IF it had a 6M gearbox, but zero interest in DSG.  Don't think I want a petrol version - my current mk 3 TDi has more than enough grunt, and is economical to run - a petrol with a third more power, and (I assume) several insurance groups higher, not to mention much lower MPG, would be a step too far.

Will there be any 6M option on the TDi, do we know?

I'm on the other side of the desires list, I'd no more want to own a diesel vRS even if it was gratis, but I could be very tempted with a 245'ish ps petrol, 7-speed DSG & 4WD.

Hopefully circa £36K (for a hatchback) especially if the spec was similar to the Mk. 3 Challenge, the money is in the bank earning 0.4% & I'd like to spend it sometime soon.

Probably never going to be sold in the UK, & that's assuming that VW would allow to manufacture it at all. 

You can probably order whatever you want as a 'special' order - a 245bhp, 4x4 Scout should be my option!  The other option would be to buy from Skoda in the CZ (in UK spec) and look to import it back into the UK.

18 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

You can probably order whatever you want as a 'special' order - a 245bhp, 4x4 Scout should be my option!  The other option would be to buy from Skoda in the CZ (in UK spec) and look to import it back into the UK.

Probably is not certainly. Do you have any evidence that it is possible?

Certainly I would love to be able to specify a car with a non-standard spec but I would be very surprised if that were actually possible.

On 12/07/2020 at 15:17, shyVRS245 said:

From Mk1 to Mk4.

0A6D6B18-587A-4DDF-90B1-C705D2E53AAE.jpeg

A nice progression, getting better with the newer models. 

FWIW I've had a good look, inside & out, of an Octy 4. Nice choice of materials, (better than a Golf 8,) plenty of room for 4 people & a decent boot. 

The car couldn't be driven, it was an SE-L Ist edition, just off the transporter but it's big step forward from the Mk.3.  Quite impressed so far..

Also had a drive in the new Leon, bigger inside than the previous model, again better looking / feeling materials in the cabin than a Golf 8.....

• 3 weeks later...

Was chatting with a Skoda sales guy during the week here in Ireland. Said they are still in very much in the dark as regards whats coming and when, but he was pretty sure that the next 6-8 weeks will bring a lot of info. September seems to be the month that most think we will know more.

He did make some good points though about the price point of the new VRS. My current VRS is a 2016 Manual Diesel. Got it for 35K ordered to spec. That is now gonna look like a steal compared to the new model. As he said, there will be no Manual option avail so you'll be paying extra for DSG straight away, could be possible that 4x4 is only option, more money and of course, and add a premium for Skoda's growing rep and the fact that its a new model - probably looking at  40K+  here in Ireland for a VRS. If thats the case, I'll be looking elsewhere. SEAT - How you doin? Or prob just import a Superb Sportline / L&K  272 from the UK. That will be a rare car here in Ireland. 

Not sure if this has been posted before, but the VRS has now appeared in the configurator on the Czech Skoda site https://www.skoda-auto.cz/modely/nova-octavia/nova-octavia-combi-rs

Built a VRS 2.0 TSI DSG with no options added and it came out to about £34,500 once converted to £....

Will be interesting to see what it is priced at when it comes out here, and what offers dealers will have to get people into the showroom.

47 minutes ago, ScoobyVRS said:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but the VRS has now appeared in the configurator on the Czech Skoda site https://www.skoda-auto.cz/modely/nova-octavia/nova-octavia-combi-rs

Built a VRS 2.0 TSI DSG with no options added and it came out to about £34,500 once converted to £....

Will be interesting to see what it is priced at when it comes out here, and what offers dealers will have to get people into the showroom.

Difficult to guess where the landed cost will be in 2021.  If there is no trade deal with the EU, which includes CZ of course, and where the Euro/GBP is then the landed cost next year could be closer to £37k to £40K. 

41 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Difficult to guess where the landed cost will be in 2021.  If there is no trade deal with the EU, which includes CZ of course, and where the Euro/GBP is then the landed cost next year could be closer to £37k to £40K.

Very true! My VRS is 3 years old next week on a 3.5 year PCP and I'd live to work out what to do next, but with no info yet from Skoda UK on price I'm stuck in a bit of a limbo.

5 minutes ago, ScoobyVRS said:

Very true! My VRS is 3 years old next week on a 3.5 year PCP and I'd live to work out what to do next, but with no info yet from Skoda UK on price I'm stuck in a bit of a limbo.

There will be small print in the price quoted, as there already is with VAT rates if you look carefully.  

The 10% car duty would be on the imported price.  I was the customs Officer for Mitsubishi Motors, the UK importer of Mitsubishi, who have just announced they are abandoning Europe as a territory, and the import values were interesting as it was with Korean importers I have done customs software installs for.  

So the 10% car duty against the Importer may not mean 10% on the RRP but certainly a heavy loading ie closer to 10% than 0% as they are not going to take all the hit of the tax.

I would like to see VAT dropped back to 17.5% or even 15% to help post BREXIT which would help on the price we pay.

Amazing to think that those or Northern Ireland would not be paying the 10% import duty whilst those of us on the UK Mainland would !

One could try and get a deal sown up before end of year but SUK could still ask for the import duty from you if it clears customs after 31 December 2020.   

I'm hoping the petrol vrs comes in at late 20s after discount at most, because the mk3 was available for 23k ish through brokers.  It needs to stay below £30k because £34k gets you into a BMW 330i touring, and it should be a value alternative.