New Octavia 2020 vRS?

uno234

On 16/11/2019 at 09:09, Saints92 said:

And imagine the power you could get out it for that £8k of difference...

My mapped 245 with pedal box is no match for a Golf R. 

They can put that power down so much better than front wheel drive. 

I'm incredibly happy with my car, but let's be realistic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonny boy said:

My mapped 245 with pedal box is no match for a Golf R. 

They can put that power down so much better than front wheel drive. 

I'm incredibly happy with my car, but let's be realistic. 

From a standing start, yes. Once you're going it's a different story. My mapped 220 can (just) outpace Rs once we're on the go. 4x4 system steals a lot of their power.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2019 at 12:24, SC03OTT said:

I’ll put my neck out and say there is a 0% chance it’ll be diesel only. 

I would agree given the general view of the oil burners by govt and a lot of the eco brigade, they would lose a lot of sales by making it diesel only.

10 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Are they not just someone’s photoshop?

All that person does is link to a single website, probably owned by him. Not sure if a moderator has noticed this, but I'm pretty sure that's against the rules to link to a website that you can earn something from.

Anyways, seems that someone has leaked the front bumper of the Mk4 RS... Seems legit to me.

image.png.de893bc18a17fb8478732cc5a2610d70.png

• Like 2

Any guesses as to when the vrs will be on sale? Reading some articles it looks like the non vrs models are on sale in the summer, but I'm expecting the vrs versions to be a few month after that, so towards the end of 2020?

i have a 2014 vrs 220 and was thinking of getting an almost new 245, but not sure if I should hold off a year or so.

I asked @Tcots  before because of his location, & so many of the 'Leaks' are like the stiff that Auto Express get from Factory Insiders AKA the Media team.

Like the recent Fabia MkIV just stuff out of the same sources as a few years back when Skoda are teasing online.

Screenshot 2020-01-01 at 18.37.18.png

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 12:13, Gti Jazz Blue said:

I wonder if they've managed to finally design LED headlights that don't mist up - BMW Mini can manage it - why can VAG Skoda 😫

All LED headlights suffer from consensation. It is less about their design and more the conditions they're exposed to.

There are plenty of complaints online of 2019 model Mini's with misted up LED headlights unfortuately.

14 hours ago, silver1011 said:

All LED headlights suffer from consensation. It is less about their design and more the conditions they're exposed to.

There are plenty of complaints online of 2019 model Mini's with misted up LED headlights unfortuately.

Interesting our 2017 Clubman shows no signs of any issues and it is parked in the same garage as my vRS and has clear headlights when the vRS shows internal condensation.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2020 at 06:54, shyVRS245 said:

These look like official Skoda pictures as published on page 8 & 9 of this week's Auto Express issue 1,607.;)

Lol, the wheels and fog lights are horrendously photoshopped. Not even going to bother mention that rear end...not happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. Photo is of the Instagram leaked VW engine line up up for the Mk8 Golf normally, the vRS gets the GTI engine ie. NO INCREASE IN POWER for the Mk4 vRS 

I wouldn't take Instagram stuff as gospel but, it's been reproduced by Pistonheads whom I do take seriously.

Another serious point to make is

I won't be buying a Mk4 till it's got more performance than I already have cos that's NOT SIMPLY CLEVER in fact its Fn dumb

Nuff said ?

VW-leak.jpg