ScreenWash

skoda2019

Thanks for the reply. RicardoM.

I'm off too Bargain Booze now.

Obviously with you living in Spain you will know all about how much we can go through in the UK and how vastly varied the prices can change from week to week! So thanks for the helpful info about cheap diluted alcohol.

Edited by skoda2019
  • Like 1

Granted it’s not the cheapest, but I always use Autoglym concentrate in 5 litre tub from Amazon. Unfortunately what I got for just over £30 in January is now nearly £38.50.  It works well even diluted to prescribed level.

3 minutes ago, Kental said:

Granted it’s not the cheapest, but I always use Autoglym concentrate in 5 litre tub from Amazon. Unfortunately what I got for just over £30 in January is now nearly £38.50.  It works well even diluted to prescribed level.

That's a big difference of £8.20 for 25 litres compared to £38.50 for 5 litres - and they're both concentrated!

56 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Have a look here.

I've had this delivered previously for no extra cost but maybe they've wised up now?

I've used this stuff before. Just ordered some for collection. Thank you. 

52 minutes ago, john999boy said:

That's a big difference of £8.20 for 25 litres compared to £38.50 for 5 litres - and they're both concentrated!

Agreed, fair point!!

Edited by Kental

9 hours ago, RicardoM said:

Bargains?? For screenwash?? You drive a Skoda Octavia Mk III yet you look for screenwash bargains? Try the cheapest diluted alcohol.

Alcohol is much more expensive in UK😉

I usually stock up from ECP when they've got a money off offer. I've previously got10 litres of concentrate for less than Halfords wanted for 5 litres of pre-mix. Which reminds me that I'll need to stock up for the coming months, especially with the headlight spray becoming a more frequent occurrence. 

3 hours ago, gregoir said:

I've used this stuff before. Just ordered some for collection. Thank you. 

Although it's described as concentrated it's only actually good for - 7C undiluted according to the label. Beware. 

Edited by gregoir

I use Halfords own stuff - It says up to minus 20, i dilute it about 1/3 concentrate to 2/3 water when cold.  Hasnt let me down yet.  I use a trade card so its cheaper than the £7.50 online price

Thanks for those recommendations. Still, none of these products are anything near to the Lidl stuff, which was good for - 50C, meaning you could get larger amounts of fluid when diluted. It also mentioned being suitable for fan type nozzles. 

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/442888-lidl-screenwash

@gregoir

where are you going that is as much as -20 below?

That stuff i posted is good for -20, not that i could spray it at warmer than -10 even after 150 miles driven on Saturday because the frost was still on my bonnet.  Air temp was never lower than -5*oC.

(I have heated nipples, not heated pipes...)

I just bought LIDL's £1.99 / not winter wash stuff this morning as i will mix that 50/50 with the Demon Freeze until the weather gets cold.

*That is all LIDL had in , not seen the good stuff for about 3 years.*

Then i will use the -23*oC stuff i bought as a job lot years ago, not that it works if you are spraying on a cold windscreen at -10*oC.

DSCN5061.JPG

DSCN5064.JPG

ExtremeLogo.png.9f681c6aaa28434a1de9426408021296.png

550774616.jpg.d0310e3a582e52202ac5e5805ecd4c38.jpg

q2.jpg.0069fd019b27a3a2c294138c0497ac0e.jpg

g052164m2_1.jpg.c620c8b344f84bc33fb5b2126188496e.jpg

Edited by Roottootemoot