How much these extras?

I'm considering to buy a 2017 Octavia SE L .

Can you give me an idea how much approximately these extras would cost? The car is a bit more expensive than similar and I would like to know if it is worth.

ehicle Specification   Colour Combinations
       Metallic colors
          - Brilliant Silver Metallic 

Interior colour
          - Black 

Optional Equipment
       020. Functionality
          - Heated front washer nozzles 

060. Comfort
          - Front and rear parking sensors 
             Heated windscreen
             - Windshield in heat-insulating glass, heated 

- Rear-view parking camera 

055. Spare wheel/tire
            Temporary space saver spare wheel
             - Tool kit and jack 
             - Space-saving spare wheel 

050. Wheel
              18" Golus alloy wheels
             - Wheel bolts with anti-theft protection (unlockable) 
             - Category 8 
             - Tire suppliers for EU countries 
             - Alloy wheels 7.5J x 18 
             - Tires 225/40 R18 92Y xl 

030. Steering wheel/interior/seats functionality
            3 spoke Supersport MFSW with DSG paddles
             - Leather gearshift knob/handle 
             - Leather-wrapped multifunction sports steering wheel w/ tiptronic 

Heated front seats
             - Seat heater for front seats separately controlled 

Vehicle security
            Keyless entry and start/stop
             - Anti-theft alarm system, interior monitoring, backup horn, and towing protection 
             - Central locking system "Keyless Entry" 

Infotainment Online (1 year)

Are they worth the extra to you? That’s the question you need to ask. 

If the car is up for £1,000 more than one without the extras, are you happy paying it to get them? What they cost new isn’t really relevant. 

Just now, SC03OTT said:

Are they worth the extra to you? That’s the question you need to ask. 

If the car is up for £1,000 more than one without the extras, are you happy paying it to get them? What they cost new isn’t really relevant. 

I would like to know how much approximately the first buyer paid extra for all the extras.

I don't know how much these things are worth to me because I have never had a car with them. 

If you can give me a rough idea, it would be great.

Space-saver spare wheel is better than nothing - I think my full-size spare cost me about £150 new in 2015. Auto stop-start is standard. The DSG paddles would be worth having.

Does the car you are looking at have ACC or standard cruise-control? Adaptive Cruise (ACC) would be preferred.

40 minutes ago, Warrior193 said:

Space-saver spare wheel is better than nothing - I think my full-size spare cost me about £150 new in 2015. Auto stop-start is standard. The DSG paddles would be worth having.

Does the car you are looking at have ACC or standard cruise-control? Adaptive Cruise (ACC) would be preferred.

Unfortunately it does not come with ACC. Would this be a deal breaker for you? Is the ACC as good?

The car you have posted has the optional super sport steering wheel which is a vRS wheel with paddles, if it’s a lowline camera it was about £200 and a highline camera was about £400. Wheels were about £500, winter pack was £600. I agree with the poster above though, it’s not about the new cost, it’s what it’s worth to you. Take a standard SE-L and this one; if a standard one is cheaper, how much value do you give these items? The winter pack is 100% worth it, would never have a car without it, the camera is very useful, especially with the rear washer and at one time if you had the camera from factory you had to have the high LED rear lights which are nice, so if the car has those it looks a bit sleeker. As the car is used it’s very hard to compare used cars together as there are so many more variables than just options to consider.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

The car you have posted has the optional super sport steering wheel which is a vRS wheel with paddles, if it’s a lowline camera it was about £200 and a highline camera was about £400. Wheels were about £500, winter pack was £600. I agree with the poster above though, it’s not about the new cost, it’s what it’s worth to you. Take a standard SE-L and this one; if a standard one is cheaper, how much value do you give these items? The winter pack is 100% worth it, would never have a car without it, the camera is very useful, especially with the rear washer and at one time if you had the camera from factory you had to have the high LED rear lights which are nice, so if the car has those it looks a bit sleeker. As the car is used it’s very hard to compare used cars together as there are so many more variables than just options to consider.

Thank you very much Sasha, very helpful information. I'm going to bore you with some more questions.

How good heated windscreen? I have a BMAX at work with heated windscreen and can take 15mins before it clears the ice in a cold morning.

In regards to LED rear lights, how do they look? A photo would be handy

How can I know if the camera is a lowline or highline camera? just for the video quality.

Thanks again for all your help.

I’ve just had a closer look at the car, it has the standard lowline LED light clusters which is fine, the highline offer no extra functionality. The camera is the same weather lowline or highline (720p), the highline one has active guidelines that move with the steering wheel. I find my heated screen is very fast to operate, will clear ice in under 90 seconds. Even if you don’t use that much, the winter pack includes heated seats and washer jets.

2 hours ago, Daniel_ said:

Thank you very much Sasha, very helpful information. I'm going to bore you with some more questions.

How good heated windscreen? I have a BMAX at work with heated windscreen and can take 15mins before it clears the ice in a cold morning.

In regards to LED rear lights, how do they look? A photo would be handy

How can I know if the camera is a lowline or highline camera? just for the video quality.

Thanks again for all your help.

You do know that when the trade buys cars ie. the trade price of a car( book price) that price is unaffected by ANY optional extras that are factory fitted to the car. Hence, I think you should be asking the seller why he is asking more for the car than it costs ?

TBH if you've got £2k worth of extras on the car & the car has depreciated by 50% (due to its age) & the dealer is asking £1k above the norm is that right ? Because the dealer didn't pay a grand extra for it

On balance though, are any of the extras worth anything to you ? & if they are, how much are you willing to pay for them? 

Especially as the car has no speed limiter, I think adaptive cruise is very important especially if you drive a lot on managed motorways or average speed camera roadworks. As it allows you to set the car to travel up to the speed limit, but still keep with traffic. It allows you to watch the road without having to constantly check your speed. Especially with automatic (or DSG) adaptive cruise is very nice. I've had it with a previous auto car and in my current manual Octavia, for me it is a deal breaker if there is no speed limiter which to my knowledge UK Octavias do not have.

8 hours ago, Daniel_ said:

Unfortunately it does not come with ACC. Would this be a deal breaker for you? Is the ACC as good?

Not a deal breaker but something I would definitely spec in my next car.

I find there are very few times that I can use standard cruise on UK motorways - the traffic volume and speed varies too much and you keep having to tweak the target speed up and down to match. Quiet(!) lengths of speed-restricted road works are about the only places I find I can comfortably use standard cruise. I have used standard cruise a lot in North America, where I find it works great - especially blasting across Utah at 80+, just not so much in the UK.