Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update

Could someone please tell me how to update the MIB2 firmware once it is downloaded? Do I copy all the unzipped folders to an SD card? I am not great with computers so any advice in laymans terms would be very much appreciated.

Is it worth taking the precaution of somehow backing up the original installed firmware, if that is possible?  Any advice, greatly appreciated

1 hour ago, Csupa said:

Hi Pab567$

MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0478T is suitable for Scout 5Q0035874B  HW H30 SW 0359 also?

Thanx, 

Err - no - you need a SOP3.x version firmware unless you are willing to patch and hack your MIB system.  I think the latest firmwre is 0365.

Super,

I don't want to hack it, only a simple update, maybe the carplay will be more reliable. Could you send me an update?

thx

39 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

Err - no - you need a SOP3.x version firmware unless you are willing to patch and hack your MIB system.  I think the latest firmwre is 0365.

Hello varaderoguy,

After doing multiple searches on the forum, I have found your detailed post on your firmware update procedure. I have not got OBD11 or VCDS, so when I work up the courage I'll give it a go!

19 hours ago, tigerfeet said:

Hello varaderoguy,

After doing multiple searches on the forum, I have found your detailed post on your firmware update procedure. I have not got OBD11 or VCDS, so when I work up the courage I'll give it a go!

I have to update that article, but the principles still apply.  If you ask @pab567 he can advise on firmware files.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, tigerfeet said:

I have not got OBD11 or VCDS, so when I work up the courage I'll give it a go!

You don't really need VCDS - its only needed to clear firmware version issues on the CANBUS network (which you can ignore anyway).

21 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

The procedure is hard to do? It's worth the hassle? Where i can find the procedure?

thx,

21 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

Freshly updated.

Before I take the plunge and upgrade the firmware, do you think the upgrade could cure the problem of  fuel consumption figures ('average' and 'since refuel') resettting themselves randomly? I do not manually reset these readings, but very frequently I start my car and all are at zero?

1 hour ago, tigerfeet said:

Before I take the plunge and upgrade the firmware, do you think the upgrade could cure the problem of  fuel consumption figures ('average' and 'since refuel') resettting themselves randomly? I do not manually reset these readings, but very frequently I start my car and all are at zero?

That's quite a specific issue - it all depends on what firmware version you are on at the moment - and which SOP version you are running on.  SOP3.x I think is 0365, SOP4.x is 0478 [even though I have seen a 0490, but think this is for specific cars].

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tigerfeet said:

it appears that I have Hardware H41 Software 0475 , so do you think it may help?

Yes; good okay - so that should be fine for the 0478 firmware.  To finally confirm. what is the part number of your MIB system?

You will need to engage with @pab567 who can hopefully help with the appropriate firmware links.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tigerfeet said:

Happened me one time with 0478 in 1 year.. everything went to default and counters to 0. But just one time, as I said, so I’m not worrying at all.

22 minutes ago, humar said:

Happened me one time with 0478 in 1 year.. everything went to default and counters to 0. But just one time, as I said, so I’m not worrying at all.

58 minutes ago, tigerfeet said:

Hello  pab567 - varaderoguy has suggested a fitmware update for my Amunsden system may eliminate my problem of fuel consumption figures resetting to zero on virtually every engine restart? If you could help me overcoming this problem I would be thankful

varaderoguy

IMG_20210514_123101894.jpg

@tigerfeetstupid question I know. But you are looking at long term stats and not since start? Or are you saying the while unit reset itself to default settings?

@humar long term stats reset after a certain amount of miles, just can't remember how many 

Edited by Marshy33

Gents, trip mileage, fuel consumption since refuel, longterm fuel consumption all reset to zero pretty much every time  I start from a cold engine. I know fuel consumption since start will reset to zero, but the others should not?

7 hours ago, Marshy33 said:

@tigerfeetstupid question I know. But you are looking at long term stats and not since start? Or are you saying the while unit reset itself to default settings?

@humar long term stats reset after a certain amount of miles, just can't remember how many 

Unexpected reset happened me just one time. And when I say reset I mean totally factory settings of my MIB. I bought my octavia in June 2020, second hand car, did my reset to factory the day one, upgraded with 0478 a few months later (thanks all here). When I talk about reset I mean, as I said before, factory reset of all the system, not just stats.