The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Topic.

@Lee

1 minute ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

Millions of 'White Vans' trucking about as well.   No excuse needed for Police to not be stopping them, and saying 'hello hello hello', what do we have going on here.

Police aren't generally stopping vans, just cars and motorbikes as most likely whave people abusing the new rules. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

The thing about 'generally' is, that might be a location location location thing.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-52021368

@gadgetman

Where are the reports of more fuel tanks being drilled, and in what 'general area' is this or is it 4 nations wide ?

Was on one of the local forces twitter feeds along with van break ins and catalytic converter thefts over the last few days. 

Country may have stopped, but seems crime hasn't 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@lol-lol

The UK has always been a dodgy place. 

The thing is now that dodgy geezers stand out like a sore thumb, and there must surely be more nosy neighbours around, and people looking out of windows, 

and police out and about.

Millions of 'White Vans' trucking about as well.   No excuse needed for Police to be stopping them, and saying 'hello hello hello', what do we have going on here.

@shyVRS245

Have you finally been tested to show you had Coronavirus and also the Montomery Driver has.

You should know if you follow the news they only test people in Hospital. I saw him every day from 17th-21st February and he fell ill on Saturday 22nd February. I fell ill on Thursday 27th February. So many doubting Thomas's on here. He confirmed you only get the fever at night if you're unlucky enough to catch it. I won't ask you to prove it, you'll be too ill to care.:thumbdown:

@shyVRS245

HRH Charlie is our Darling, was not in hospital and tests a week ago as positive and is now out of isolation.

Boris, Matt, Alister & Dominic are not in Hospital to my knowledge.

Actually i do wonder if in 30 years we will find that Boris had a cold and just fancied some duvet days.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

1 minute ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@shyVRS245

HRH Charlie is our Darling, was not in hospital and tests a week ago as positive and is now out of isolation.

Boris, Matt, Alister & Dominic are not in Hospital to my knowledge.

Actually i do wonder if in 30 years we will find that Boris had a cold and just fancied some duvet days.

Unlikely any of the above would form an orderly queue in a Hospital for 4 hours to get tested. Special rules for Special ones like Charles flying to his holiday home in another country while infected.;)

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Unlikely any of the above would form an orderly queue in a Hospital for 4 hours to get tested. Special rules for Special ones like Charles flying to his holiday home in another country while infected.;)

Unlike you, he at least self isolated. You deliberately ignored all the advice both here and public heakth advice and went out back to work joking how you would infect someone else iirc. Never mind your wife might have subsequently been a carrier too as a social worker, requiring 14 days isolation.

Congratulations, you did Covid-19 a big favour, and are probably responsible for at least one death looking at statistics, maybe many more.

Never mind, keep bigging yourself up.

And dishing out the sick jokes (top trumps) comparing this to some sort of sports tournament.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Just found out who infected me in February. Montgomery driver asked me whether anyone had caught it here and when I said I had it at the end of February he said he must have given it to me because he caught it off another Montgomery driver who had shared his lorry. The original Montgomery driver also infected his Uncle who sadly died from it.:sadsmile:

Odd. At the beginning of the topic you were trying to blame it on an Italian driver.

I'm researching a little as I want to know ...........if a person becomes immune to a virus, can they still carry it, and therefore still pass it on.

Still looking, but an interesting read. Sorry if already linked elsehere.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/health/coronavirus-immunity-antibodies.html

I'm also looking into if pets can be carriers...........at present, there is no evidence, however it is still unknown

Thinking along the lines that it is thought to have originated in bats then passed to animals of some kind, and then to humans.............begs the question.

If any above info is incorrect https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52006988

2 hours ago, gadgetman said:

Police aren't generally stopping vans, just cars and motorbikes as most likely whave people abusing the new rules. 

Walked to the local Sainsbury's today to get some food, I reckon 9 out of 10 of the vehicles we saw moving were white vans - still working?

2 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Walked to the local Sainsbury's today to get some food, I reckon 9 out of 10 of the vehicles we saw moving were white vans - still working?

Plumbers, electricians, builders still currently able to work 

5 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Home delivery couriers still delivering to homes all over the UK. They only stop if people stop placing online orders (unlikely).:notme:

In Scotland, Shop Keepers and suppliers, Window Cleaners, Gardeners, Mechanics, Roofers, Joiners, Brickies, Fuel Station and EV Charging Point installers and maintenance,  car washers / valeters, odd jobbers, essential road workers, mechanics, scrappers, generally anyone knocking about in a van that sounds plausible to anyone asking them.

So that can include house breakers, car thieves / fuel thieves etc etc.

• Haha 1

Apparently there's some confusion over what's classed as 'essential' and Police and Councils being a bit over zealous.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52090441?at_custom2=twitter&at_custom4=3A3E9032-7266-11EA-B134-4FE54744363C&at_campaign=64&at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_custom3=%40BBCNews

F
rom a criminal prosecutors perspective.

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Alternating between both cars at the moment to keep batteries topped up. Longer I leave it the cheaper the refill will be. Don't live in a dodgy area like Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham or London.;)

That's rather insulting don't you think....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Everyday the Chief Medical Officer in Scotland Dr Catherine Calderwood appears she explains the difference between the extra Hospital Facilities they are building and what a Field Hospital is.

It is clear enough that using the Military and others does not a 'Field Hospital' make them.

Only the BBC , STV and other media / journalists seem to not understand the difference even though told in plain English.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52092082

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 16.24.49.png

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 16.25.25.png