The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Topic.

@Lee

46 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Watching a fascinating series on Netflix called Pandemic and didn't realise there was a swine flu pandemic in 2009 (H1N1) which infected 2 billion people on the Planet. However it wasn't as deadly Covid-19.

Watched the first two episodes of that last night. 

4 hours ago, gadgetman said:

As someone who claims to have had this and claims it knocked them sideways, I would have expected better from you. 

Was prepared to give benefit of the doubt, but now think you were lying. 

If that is the case, and trying to trivialise this with your post above, that is quite appalling when people are actually dying from this.

You believe in God and being judged, so let him judge your actions accordingly. 

To quote you "LET'S NOT BRING RELIGION INTO THIS". Seems you forgot to implement your own guidelines.

2 hours ago, FirstAndLastSkoda said:

Never has doing the weekly shop felt like you were undertaking  a spying mission behind Soviet lines during the Cold War as the one today.

Done a shop tonight. 

Loads in their 50s and 60s arguing with staff when told they have more than the limits, and almost none in that age bracket keeping distance from others. Had to have words with one chap, who replied "well I haven't got it you ****". 

How does either of us know for sure we don't have it? No one can say for sure unless tested. 

11 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

Done a shop tonight. 

Loads in their 50s and 60s arguing with staff when told they have more than the limits, and almost none in that age bracket keeping distance from others. Had to have words with one chap, who replied "well I haven't got it you ****". 

How does either of us know for sure we don't have it? No one can say for sure unless tested. 

My brother went to our local Sainsburys this morning and he said that they are keeping everyone apart and it's a one way system in the aisles. No wine on the shelves.  I called our 'older' neighbours over the road to see if they wanted us to add anything to our Sunday delivery. They said they were OK, but only had one bottle of wine left, so this evening I put a bottle of red and a bottle of white in their porch, rang the bell and legged it. (a bottle of red, a bottle of white.....I can feel a Billy Joel song coming on ;))

• Like 4

A police chief has admitted there is confusion around the government’s lockdown rules, even as forces vow to deter people from visiting beauty spots and beaches this weekend.

Police said the Lake District was closed, and officers across Britain were patrolling to stop gatherings of more than two people.

One police chief in south-west England admitted to the Guardian that his force had made mistakes in setting up a road block, as constabularies across the UK attempted to convince people to stay at home with sunshine forecast for the first weekend of the lockdown.

Martin Hewitt, the chair of the National Police Chiefs Council, who negotiated the terms of the lockdown with the government, declared: “This is a national emergency. It is not a national holiday.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/27/police-acknowledge-confusion-over-uk-lockdown-rules?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&#Echobox=1585331602

Police Scotland should be distributing PPE from next week, giving training on it's use, having fittings at Police Stations.

'Be prepared' was the Scouts for boys moto from Baden - Powell.       

The seniors in the Government and Police force maybe were in the Brownies.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52064062

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

13 minutes ago, moley said:

to see if they wanted us to add anything to our Sunday delivery. 

Be careful altering orders. 

Some on twitter have been posting that their orders have been cancelled and they haven't been able to get their slots back. 

Happened a few years ago with nearly all of them at Christmas. 

Edited by gadgetman

10 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

Be careful altering orders. 

Some on twitter have been posting that their orders have been cancelled and they haven't been able to get their slots back. 

Happened a few years ago with nearly all of them at Christmas. 

Had no issues so far time slot still on schedule. booked the time slot with a few items and then add what you need later on. Tesco's are limiting online orders to 80 items maximum.

Do you know which supermarket / supplier cancelled their orders? 

29 minutes ago, moley said:

My brother went to our local Sainsburys this morning and he said that they are keeping everyone apart and it's a one way system in the aisles. No wine on the shelves.  I called our 'older' neighbours over the road to see if they wanted us to add anything to our Sunday delivery. They said they were OK, but only had one bottle of wine left, so this evening I put a bottle of red and a bottle of white in their porch, rang the bell and legged it. (a bottle of red, a bottle of white.....I can feel a Billy Joel song coming on ;))

Can I give you my address ,ps I prefer red🍷

1 minute ago, Sad555 said:

Can I give you my address ,ps I prefer red🍷

Sorry, I gave them my last decent bottle of red. We have a local wine shop, so I can re stock tomorrow if they have anything left.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

Were you tempted to spit in his face and say 'well you have now' you ********..............................(no joke intended).

13 minutes ago, moley said:

Had no issues so far time slot still on schedule. booked the time slot with a few items and then add what you need later on. Tesco's are limiting online orders to 80 items maximum.

Do you know which supermarket / supplier cancelled their orders? 

Wasn't paying too much attention. Was trending as cancelled delivery earlier today which is how I saw it 

1 minute ago, Tilt said:

Were you tempted to spit in his face and say 'well you have now' you ********..............................(no joke intended).

Their ignorance might well catch up with them 

20 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Wife gutted she can't order any clothes from Next as they have stopped taking any more online orders as they are closing their warehouses.

My wife's favourite leisure pastime too😱😂

1 hour ago, moley said:

The département of L'Aisne next to me have banned the sale of all alcohol due to the Police & Gendarmerie being called out to domestic violence incidents keeping them away from their important duties of stopping and fining people from going to a supermarket 500m further than the closest, people walking hand in hand with their wives, people picking up an attestation from the Mairie which was 1050 metres from their home etc etc etc.

Better make the most of that wine while it lasts!

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

The département of L'Aisne next to me have banned the sale of all alcohol due to the Police & Gendarmerie being called out to domestic violence incidents keeping them away from their important duties of stopping and fining people from going to a supermarket 500m further than the closest, people walking hand in hand with their wives, people picking up an attestation from the Mairie which was 1050 metres from their home etc etc etc.

Better make the most of that wine while it lasts!

Off licences have been classified as essential shops in the UK. :drunk:

Coronavirus: Off-licences added to list of 'essential' retailers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52033260

5 hours ago, FirstAndLastSkoda said:

Never has doing the weekly shop felt like you were undertaking  a spying mission behind Soviet lines during the Cold War as the one today.

Just been to my local ASDA about an hour ago and there was a long queue to get into the store as they are only allowing so many people in at a time. I seemed to be the only one wearing a face mask and got a few funny looks but hey, there's nothing wrong with being sensible. On entry they have sprays of disinfectant to do your trolley handle and there is one-way arrows on the floor through the store.

Edited by TMB