The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Topic.

@Lee

8 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Its Link after link, Link after link, Link after link, Link after link, Briskoda is a car forum, lets talk cars

No one is forcing you, or anyone else, to read this thread nor interact with it. 

As for car only threads, then what about the nonsense on off topic about how many days to Christmas etc? That has zero value or car discussion? 

The links posted ARE being discussed. 

HTH 

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88
9 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

You’ll probably find in reality the fella has been wandering the streets loitering on the street etc. He sound and looks like your typical pain in the backside yobbo. Notice in the video he says you told me something 20 minutes ago. My guess he is neighbourhood clown

Quite possibly he is, but then the Policewoman has to use extraordinary powers properly or the usual law lawfully.

Anyone can get away taking the Michael as it is currently. 

You can go top up your meters at a shop that does top ups and still go to another shop to get your essentials. 

The children can play in a garden, and adults can go in their garden.

False Claim: British MPs award themselves extra £10,000 in expenses

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-mp-expenses-working-home/false-claim-british-mps-award-themselves-extra-10000-in-expenses-idUSKCN21R2IX

Multiple Facebook posts (here here) suggest UK Members of Parliament (MPs) awarded themselves an extra £10,000 in expenses in order to work from home during the coronavirus crisis.

Great news

For importers, international logisitics companies, airlines etc.

https://www.bifa.org/news/articles/2020/apr/delaying-import-dutyvat-payments-as-a-result-of-covid-19?l=y

DELAYING IMPORT DUTY/VAT PAYMENTS AS A RESULT OF COVID-19

The Joint Customs Consultative Committee (JCCC), of which the British International Freight Association (BIFA) is an active member, has been lobbying HMRC over a period of some weeks on behalf of members to extend the payment period for traders to pay import Duty/VAT.

Robert Windsor, BIFA Executive Director said,

'It must be noted that each case will be considered on its individual merits and that Duty/VAT must be paid in full at an agreed date, and on behalf of it's members, BIFA welcomes this announcement'

Duty deferment account holders

Duty deferment account holders who are experiencing severe financial difficulty as a result of Covid-19 and who are unable to make payment of deferred customs duties and import VAT due on 15 April 2020 can contact HMRC for approval to enter into an extended period to make full or partial payment, without having their guarantee called upon or their deferment account suspended..........................

I got my delivery slot ! Admittedly it was at 0430 this morning but hey ho...

As for the story about MP's getting an extra  £10k, it's not, it's for infrastructure, staff etc not going in the huge pockets or the off shore accounts of your local MP. :)

3 hours ago, jars said:

Never a truer meme....

A5CB33CF-EA7B-4DFE-A00B-D06E57E9555A.jpeg

Because their are millions who are not getting any help, or will not for at least a couple of month, despite having paid thousands in taxes over the last months.

Some feel they have no choice to go stealing having been abandoned by society.

Stealing... WTF?! I was talking about the morons who ignore government advice about social distancing, such as those in Manchester still having house parties, the Lycra warrior gang on their bike insisting  on riding their bike as close to pedestrians as safely needed, the idiots still face in their phone as they walk along the street. etc etc 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Not a cop-out that I have ever been tempted to use I'm glad to say.

It would be more honest to say that they had it, I wanted it, I wanted it right now and am not prepared to work and save up for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Not a cop-out that I have ever been tempted to use I'm glad to say.

It would be more honest to say that they had it, I wanted it, I wanted it right now and am not prepared to work and save up for it.

Whilst one can lean on credit cards and go a bit overdrawn some do not have that option as they are already on the edge.

With probably around 3m UK unemployed, if one adds the pre C19 figure plus the new Universal Credit claimants, that is a lot of people in the mire.

1 hour ago, jars said:

Stealing... WTF?! I was talking about the morons who ignore government advice about social distancing, such as those in Manchester still having house parties, the Lycra warrior gang on their bike insisting  on riding their bike as close to pedestrians as safely needed, the idiots still face in their phone as they walk along the street. etc etc 

Seems to be lots of people going on long cycling trip here, runners too and probably people going horse riding.

All quite possibly will trip, fall off and need A&E or broken bones fixing.

I am racked with temptation to go out on the motorbike and can hear many bikes screaming around the roads.  Resisted so far, just chop some wood out in the garden.  The lawn has never been cut so regularly !

Hoping that some members of society will obey sensible instructions should remember that in 1983 wearing a seat belt while driving became mandatory in the UK. A recent Freedom of Information request by Direct Line and the Parliamentary Advisory Council for Safety showed that according to Police Forensic Collision Investigator's data highlighted an increase from 25% of all road deaths in 2016 to 31% in 2018 were caused by occupants not wearing a seat belt. This led to 261 needless deaths in 2018 as a result of people ignoring a law introduced 35 years ago. There is sadly no hope for some who know better about self preservation.:worried:

• Like 3

Thought my teeth were going to be OK for a bit having had the regular 6-monthly dental check up in January, but tonight I had an inlay (=large filling) come out. My dentist has been closed except for extreme emergencies since the start of the present restrictions, and I assume most others will be the same. What I have is not good, but nor is it an extreme emergency. It has got me thinking about how dental treatment will be carried out when the restrictions eventually are lifted. Will the dentists go back to business as usual if the virus is still out there and there is no vaccine? Will they really risk their lives just to fix people's teeth? Certainly I don't expect them to do it unless they are well provided with PPE.

• Sad 1

Well done Sophie Ridge and her program on Sky

https://twitter.com/RidgeOnSunday?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Uk Government Minister gave an un-confident performance and failed to properly answer the question why the UK's daily death total is worst the similar sized countries ie Spain and Italy.

14 hours ago, lol-lol said:

You do talk some utter *******s from your ivory tower don't you.

I agree there are some that feel they have been abandoned by society but stealing is a choice they've made...   i know people in difficult straits but they haven't gone out stealing.

• Thanks 2