1.4 tsi 100000 mile club

Apart from servicing every 10K , the car has cost £29 for a sensor, that took 3 mins to change, it would have been free if i had gone up to Edinburgh to the dealer and waisted 1.5 gallons of fuel and waited 4 hours, original break pads where changed at 50K they might need changing next week when it goes in to my local tyre centre, where they have an ex VW mechanic who started on his own after the dealer closed, it passed its taxi test last month with no advisories, got shot of the original OME tyres as soon as I bought it,at 8 k., and fitted cross climates, so here is to another 100k 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skippy41 said:

Apart from servicing every 10K , the car has cost £29 for a sensor, that took 3 mins to change, it would have been free if i had gone up to Edinburgh to the dealer and waisted 1.5 gallons of fuel and waited 4 hours, original break pads where changed at 50K they might need changing next week when it goes in to my local tyre centre, where they have an ex VW mechanic who started on his own after the dealer closed, it passed its taxi test last month with no advisories, got shot of the original OME tyres as soon as I bought it,at 8 k., and fitted cross climates, so here is to another 100k 

Hmmm mine was expensive on CONSUMABLES 🤨🤨🤨 wonder why 🤭🤭🤭

6 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

I am impressed. 

Not bad for a tiny overstressed turbo engine that supposedly cannot do high mileages lol.

What is the oil consumption like?

No top up between  services  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It will be belt drive but I am curious as whether it has been changed as per distance/time schedule?

Other questions; whether dsg auto or manual, and any complaints from your clients with the ride from the beam rear end?

11 hours ago, gav_is_con said:

Is this the 122bhp chain driven engine variant. Full respect to it. Any chain rattle especially on cold starts?

IIRC the Octavia III only had a cambelt version of the 1.4TSI?

31 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

IIRC the Octavia III only had a cambelt version of the 1.4TSI?

I forgot I was in the MK3 forum sorry. Keeping up to speed on all things mk3 as I have been a member/owner of a mk2 for 10 years. Nice to see the TSi is a decent engine with decent returns. We have a Leon 1.2Tsi 2013(belt driven) in the family. Decent motor cam belt driven, after living in fear with a Golf MK5 with chain driven engine, until it’s demise by a lorry. 

Interesting to know re the 1.4 EA211 - my son has the 1.2 EA211 version in a recently purchased 2016 Octavia III with only 19k miles on the clock.  Have you had the cambelt changed in that 100k miles? There seems to be some confusion as to the change intervals as when the EA211 came out the cam belt was supposed to be a long life setup. Some still say 5 years / 80 k miles interval, my local garage has nothing showing against the change interval.

I myself have the cam chain 1.4 EA111 in a 2014 Superb which is still going well at 85k miles - infact this car has been faultless only requiring servicing (fixed 9.5k intervals - my choice!) and front brake pads/discs at about 70k miles.thus far

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigjohn said:

Interesting to know re the 1.4 EA211 - my son has the 1.2 EA211 version in a recently purchased 2016 Octavia III with only 19k miles on the clock.  Have you had the cambelt changed in that 100k miles? There seems to be some confusion as to the change intervals as when the EA211 came out the cam belt was supposed to be a long life setup. Some still say 5 years / 80 k miles interval, my local garage has nothing showing against the change interval.

I myself have the cam chain 1.4 EA111 in a 2014 Superb which is still going well at 85k miles - infact this car has been faultless only requiring servicing (fixed 9.5k intervals - my choice!) and front brake pads/discs at about 70k miles.thus far

I can speak from our own experience here on the Leon 1.2TSI 105BHP. 2013 Mark 3 2013- model. The main dealer we purchased it from changed the cambelt and water pump at around 30k and 5 years old in July 2018. I did a lot of calling around before picking this car to check it was belt rather than Chain driven. Seat UK and Seat dealers all have different answers. So I am hoping by the fact I have boxes of genuine old parts it’s been changed and to schedule based on age. 

On 29/02/2020 at 08:37, skippy41 said:

hi Skippy 

do you know if there are any issues with Skoda warranty if the car is a taxi?

3 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

@skippy41, DSG or Manual?

Yes, as a driver of a 1.4TSi DSG myself which so far has covered 55K miles (33 K miles in my hands over 3 years) I am desperate to know whether the DSG gearbox can survive to 6 figures...

@skippy41 I don't envy you the number of hours you must spend in the drivers seat to achieve that figure.

A few years back under Australian tax rules it was advantageous for me to cover just 15625 miles a year (25k km) in my leased company vehicle, but as I only lived 7 kilometres from work and still preferred to cycle or run the distance I often found myself short of my requirement. One year I had to drive the 2800 km round trip to Sydney twice in the space of 10 days (one business trip and the other to watch my son at the Gymnastics Nationals) to achieve my requirement. I just settled on paying the extra tax after that and flying everywhere.

Gave me a renewed respect for road warriors and long distance truck drivers though.