• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

@Danoid

if you can show to dealer some problem with head unit

then firmware will be updated free of charge

in other case this will be paid procedure

try to use this bug

https://www.drive2.ru/l/554452378879787927/

I’ll check that out, only problem I have is the when playing music via Bluetooth. 

Majority of the time it works fine, but sometimes when the song changes it still displays the same song playing, other times it gets in a right hissy fit and only plays 1 song on repeat.

I’ve had it a few times where I have to completely reconnect my phone as well

So I was thinking that’s got to be some kind of bug. I was looking at Skoda servicing and doesn’t specifically mention “software updates” like other manufacturers do during servicing.

On 16/12/2021 at 19:33, icLogic said:

Nice guide bro, two question only, why does the engine have to be turned off? And can I update it engine running but everything like ac, lights and heaters being off? 

The official way of doing it is with a battery charger connected. Not doing that brings in a risk of your system shutting down due to low battery voltage which is a bad thing in the middle of a firmware update. High risk.... don't do it.

• 3 months later...

I drop you a line, just to say thank for this manuel. :) It helped me a lot and i could smoothly update my Amundson update from 0475 to 0480. It took me less than 10 Minutes to update. Their were 103 small updates in the package and after all the system run more smoothley and some connection problems to my mobile were gone. :)

• 1 month later...
Just now, varaderoguy said:

I would allow yourself about 20 to 30 mins depending on the speed of your sd card.

Thank you. Trying to figure out how long the car will be out of action for before the full update is completed. Going to invest in a battery charger first as well just in case. 

• Like 1

Finally got round to installing the update. The actual update process took around 20 minutes, but took about an hour for me as I did a whole bunch of prep including setting up the charger, worried I didn't connect it correctly and that the weather would be problem, along with me messing around with OBDEleven to clear the installation error as per a tutorial on Youtube.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have any experience of updating the firmware with the engine running? The warning seems to say ‘don’t start the engine mid-update’ rather than ‘don’t start the process with the engine running’… My battery is pretty much new so I imagine it will be fine, but I don’t have a charger so it’s either do it with engine running or hope the battery holds out… Thanks

34 minutes ago, Satuok said:

Does anyone have any experience of updating the firmware with the engine running? The warning seems to say ‘don’t start the engine mid-update’ rather than ‘don’t start the process with the engine running’… My battery is pretty much new so I imagine it will be fine, but I don’t have a charger so it’s either do it with engine running or hope the battery holds out… Thanks

I did my own with engine running for stable power.

20-60 mins on car battery could be too long and not a good idea as too many control units gobble power.

I always say to have battery support, or start the engine, but don't start the engine during update process as that's asking to break it.

• Like 1

One guy did leave the engine running to keep power to the infotainment system during the update.
It didn't seem to cause him any problems but I personally decided to use a battery charger instead.
Follow any advice in the video tutorial at your own risk.

I think that having the engine running is less than ideal in this case. Three reasons:

1) it wastes fuel idling the vehicle

2) it can potentially cause the car to throw CANBUS errors if it suddenly stops seeing the MIB system with the engine running.

3) The service guide states that you need to connect the vehicle up to a battery maintainer whilst you do this activity. VAG would not have given this advice on the servicing guide if it wasn't the correct way to do it.

You add in an extra element of risk doing it with the engine running.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am newbie to skoda and have just bought an Octavia vrs 2017. I have just updated the maps, and my obeleven says my firmware can be updated from 0456T and says new versions exists (0515). A check on suggest 0480T is the latest official release.

The question I have, is it actually worth attempting if the system is working correctly, if so what benefits will there be?

Thanks in advance

Stuart Screenshot_20231229_133729_OBDeleven.thumb.jpg.b3f0f58724af1fc9569ce5441e784dd8.jpg

Edited by STU3Y

6 minutes ago, STU3Y said:

Hi,

I am newbie to skoda and have just bought an Octavia vrs 2017. I have just updated the maps, and my obeleven says my firmware can be updated from 0456T and says new versions exists (0515). A check on suggest 0480T is the latest official release.

The question I have, is it actually worth attempting if the system is working correctly, if so what benefits will there be?

Thanks in advance

Stuart Screenshot_20231229_133729_OBDeleven.thumb.jpg.b3f0f58724af1fc9569ce5441e784dd8.jpg

It's a thing but not to the version of code that is being perported to be installed. With 04xx SOP, your latest version is actually 0480. Stick around and find the appropriate codebase for your needs. We canny post something publically for firmware (otherwise VAG get super-upset with us).

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all. I recently bought 2020 superb and I guess I can update my mib 2.5 system. Latest update should be 0480 I believe? 

What benefits it brings? Mabye it fixes AA information display in VC

20240126_145158.jpg

20240126_145213.jpg

Just a thought here wrt connecting a battery charger/running  the engine in order to keep the car voltage up: connecting  jump leads to a donor car battery would be another option I'd havce thought?

R

Just now, ralphyimages said:

Just a thought here wrt connecting a battery charger/running  the engine in order to keep the car voltage up: connecting  jump leads to a donor car battery would be another option I'd havce thought?

R

Depends on the battery in all honesty.  Again I refer back to the official VAG/Skoda way of doing it; you need a battery maintainer.

• Like 1

I quite agree varaderoguy, it was just a thought for those who don't have a battry charger.  Personally I couldn't imagine life without having one in the garage - but then I've got motorbikes, cars and boat batteries that are  all in need of charging up from time to time! 

R