Isofix in front seat (passenger)

Hey
I have Skoda octavia 2009 FSI 1.6 Automatic 

i try to connect to the isofix baby safety chair to the front passenger seat, and I don’t find the anchors.....

l take a look in the car book and it’s look like the car support in isofix in the front seat

someone try to do that and succeeded?

how I can do it?

Thank you!

In the car book write that it’s support, I add photo from the car book, it’s in Hebrew but it’s say that each east expect the Center in rear seat support in isofix I add also google translate 

2870329C-31A2-46F8-8CA7-4ECD089BCF8A.jpeg

26947EF8-8336-4F12-B22F-9A815D84D239.png

I have a similar chart to yours and the middle symbol (+ in a circle) decodes as "the seat can be fitted with fixing eyes for the isofix system.) In the UK it is not a standard fit.

However, the U symbol means "Universal Category - the seat is suitable for all approved type of child safety seats."

Probably cheaper to get a secondhand universal child seat that getting a dealer to install isofix to the front seat.

2 hours ago, Yotzhak said:

Too bad

So they write wrong things!  

I expected them to be more accurate

Erm, no... They just have one manual that covers all features including optional ones ;)

The manual usually shows the highest spec model but does state in most sections that not all vehicles will have all the equipment seen in the diagrams. For example I have an Elegance but the manual has a lot of diagrams showing equipment that was not standard fit in my car, such as heated seats, xenon headlights etc.

Regardless of whether or not you have ISOFIX anchors on your front seat, research has shown that children and babies are always safer positioned in the rear of the car (side on impact excepted). Also you would need to deactivate the passenger airbag and you might forget to reactivate it when you carry an older passenger.

• Like 1

I have never and will never put a child seat in the front passenger seat, Everything I have researched has shown it is a dangerous action.

Safer in the rear.  IMHO.

3 hours ago, Yotzhak said:

and also you don’t have any access to the baby

You shouldn't be "accessing" the baby whilst driving anyway. It's a huge distraction and could be dangerous for you, the baby and most importantly, other road users.

Keep the baby in the back where it is safe. If you need to access the baby then stop in a safe place and do what you need to.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

In Hungary the Isofix anchor for the front passanger seat was optional or was standard in the "Family" trim level. It is also possible to retrofit the anchors, in 2019 I've looked it up. The anchor (1K0 881 545) was still available to buy from official workshops BUT the necessary seat covering for child seat mounting (because it's different as the standard) is not available any more:

https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/octavia/oct/2012-663/8/881-881001/#29