Wireless Android Auto

That's the screen i get when i select Android Auto so I'm guessing you have the WiFi completely disabled, this will likely need a trip to the dealer to sort. I'm almost certain i read someone else had a similar issue and the dealer sorted, you could probably do it with an OBdeleven as well. 

This is what my menu's are like

20220226_125947.thumb.jpg.fdd2479a737d181f2c96db62ed3fd2e1.jpg20220226_125954.thumb.jpg.2b425fbc34e330f41cba959e845dfbb6.jpg20220226_130002.thumb.jpg.5efa27d595c7773e0c5408ad39a81809.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Beasty. So a bit bizarre, but how do I know that I definitely should have wifi capabilities? All the manuals seem to mention it (Bolero/Swing/Columbus) so I assume I should, but I fear the dealer will fob me off with something or other. I will give it a go anyway. Very keen to hear from anyone else who has this issue, especially if you managed to get it resolved.

OK, looks like wifi being disabled is a common issue on very recent cars - no idea why, and I hope I can get it sorted. More info in this thread: 

Edited by Mattster21

I've just picked up an Octavia 4 SEL and I'm struggling to get both Android Auto and bluetooth media working 😞

I've a Nokia 3.4 with android 11, running the latest version of android auto.

I'm connected via both bluetooth and wifi.

I've turned the data plan setting off

Android auto just seems to stop on the configuration screen as below from an earlier post on this thread and the phone just says "looking for android auto"

20220226_115330.thumb.jpg.02191f8bb383b5421e748c6dcd07e402.jpg

Media via bluetooth says "no media found", but I've both flac and mp3 files on the sd card in my phone. Is there anything else I need to do for this? Do I need an app?

Bluetooth calls work fine.

Any ideas for either of those issues?

Thanks everyone

Edited by jellybeard999

12 hours ago, beasty54 said:

All I'd suggest is plugging it in via USB first, you certainly don't need any apps, just make sure "wireless android auto" is enabled on your phone

and that both Bluetooth and WiFi are enabled on the phone.

• Like 2

On 04/03/2022 at 22:14, jellybeard999 said:

I've just picked up an Octavia 4 SEL and I'm struggling to get both Android Auto and bluetooth media working 😞

I've a Nokia 3.4 with android 11, running the latest version of android auto.

I'm connected via both bluetooth and wifi.

I've turned the data plan setting off

Android auto just seems to stop on the configuration screen as below from an earlier post on this thread and the phone just says "looking for android auto"

20220226_115330.thumb.jpg.02191f8bb383b5421e748c6dcd07e402.jpg

Media via bluetooth says "no media found", but I've both flac and mp3 files on the sd card in my phone. Is there anything else I need to do for this? Do I need an app?

Bluetooth calls work fine.

Any ideas for either of those issues?

Thanks everyone

I have never had that picture when I tried Android auto wireless. And I have tried it all. Guess car is too old, built 2020.

9 minutes ago, Nissen82 said:

I have never had that picture when I tried Android auto wireless. And I have tried it all. Guess car is too old, built 2020.

Same as mine, Nov 2020, it just needs an update. 

I've got hold of a USB C to C cable. Works straight away via wired connection.

I think it's the phone to be honest. Apparently it's due Android 12 update, so I'll see if that fixes things.

Any recommended Android Auto apps? In particular, which music player is recommended for playing local files? I tried Musicolet after quickly googling to see what was recommended and it works... anything better?

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

I've a mk4 vRS, and a Samsung s22 ultra. Android auto was working fine and I had the widescreen split i.e. 3/4 screen showing maps and 1/4 screen showing music.

One fine day, I tapped Smartlink on the infotainment, and I now have android auto working in single screen mode and no longer stretches to fill full screen.

I tried removing car on my phone to re setup android auto. But still the same.

Anyone has an idea to fix this?

Or is it possible to reset infotainment system without losing the driving data?

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Hey - can somebody help. My Android auto is running wirelessly and its working fine - but I have one issue. If I make a call the voice  doesn't goes to the speakers, it stays on the phone, but if somebody is calling me it goes to the speakers. I cant figure out why...

2 hours ago, GregB11x said:

Hey - can somebody help. My Android auto is running wirelessly and its working fine - but I have one issue. If I make a call the voice  doesn't goes to the speakers, it stays on the phone, but if somebody is calling me it goes to the speakers. I cant figure out why...

Have you got the latest version of Android Auto? First item in 'recent fixed problems' below sounds like your issue...

With a mix and match of phones, cars, and third-party stereos, it’s difficult to pinpoint what is causing Android Auto problems and offer solutions beyond general troubleshooting. Google continuously updates Android Auto and fixes issues as they come up. You should also report any issues you face to let Google know.

Recent fixed problems (May 2022)

• Calls made through Google Assistant were automatically defaulting to the phone speaker instead of the car speaker.
  • “Something went wrong” error when using Google Assistant to navigate or reply to messages.
  • Music stutters when using Android Auto Wireless. This was a problem specific to Samsung phones that Samsung has fixed.
  • Voice commands don’t work with Spotify.
  • Android Auto freezes when the phone locks. This was a common issue with Oppo phones.
  • Xiaomi phones lag after disconnecting from Android Auto.
  • Android Auto shows home weather information instead of the current location.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CS363 said:

Have you got the latest version of Android Auto? First item in 'recent fixed problems' below sounds like your issue...

I have 7.7.622134 version....

Hmmm...

About the only other thing I can suggest is deleting the Bluetooth profiles on phone and car and then re-pair, if still no go then check all your settings on phone and car, otherwise I'm out of ideas.

• 2 months later...

The last OTA Update fixed my issue with call diverting to phone instead car speakers. S that now works.

I have a question for other AA users - is it possible to change what shows on the screen. So my AA works as it has 3/4 of the screen for main app and 1/4 for second app used. Is it possible to select to only have lets say Spotify on full screen - or select 1/2 and 1/2?? Or is this 3/4 and 1/4 the only way?

4 minutes ago, GregB11x said:

The last OTA Update fixed my issue with call diverting to phone instead car speakers. S that now works.

I have a question for other AA users - is it possible to change what shows on the screen. So my AA works as it has 3/4 of the screen for main app and 1/4 for second app used. Is it possible to select to only have lets say Spotify on full screen - or select 1/2 and 1/2?? Or is this 3/4 and 1/4 the only way?

This is set by Google and can not be changed - unfortunately..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gando said:

My phone has randomly disconnected a few times in the last week or two. Didn't used to happen. No idea if it was caused by recent updates or not.

Mine has done that for a long time, check your data connection on the car screen when it happens and see if it happens when you lose mobile connection or mobile data.

Mine always crashes when i lose or regain network or data connection, and i've heard of that happening on other brands, it's an Android Auto thing on some phones if i'm not mistaken.

Driving around in mountain areas or in the middle of nowhere has me going crazy, it constantly crashes and relaunches to the point when sometimes i just get so annoyed that i simply connect the cable (this does not happen with the cable connection)

I had problems with no wireless Android Auto connecting, no contacts being updated, no media etc when it was working perfectly. Turns out a phone update modified the Bluetooth connections and switched off the media sharing. Enabling all sharing in the Bluetooth connection properties on the phone fixed all my AA issues. I use a Pixel4A phone.