Touch up stick

blakey7

Does anyone know the best place to buy touch up stick, also is Metal grey the same as Quartz grey as the codes appear to be the same. My car is Quartz grey but on many sites i can only find Metal Grey.

If you go by the paint code rather than the name you should be fine for a match. (The names can vary across Europe for marketing reasons.) I find that the touch-up stick lasts for years and so the cost is pretty small over its life. 

I'd prefer a Skoda supplied kit to a Halfords one.

The other way forward is to go to Halfords and go get Colour matched paint there.  You will need the colour code (in your spare tyre footwell) and get Halford to make you up a small pot.

On 31/08/2020 at 20:35, blakey7 said:

Thanks Kenny R, i did find this one but i was wondering if anyone had found some from other suppliers which is cheaper and a perfect match.

The links are for Quartz Grey and therefore are a perfect match?

Anything for less than £20 including delivery and you're doing well.

The Skoda ones are good value because they last a very long time, my last 2 Octavias were the same colour & I passed on the touch up paint which I bought 15 years ago when I sold the MK2 recently.

Touch up bottles prepared to paint codes by Ebay sellers are a fraction of the price and come with a set of tiny applicator sticks which are far superior to a brush.

Mine is missing from the Ebay purchase history (why does that happen to so many purchases?) but I think it was £3 or £4 delivered and a larger volume than a touch up pen.

I bought mine from a Skoda dealer (using the vehicle reg ensures the correct colour match).

Was a bit miffed at paying £16 for 2 small pots (paint and laquer) but they will probably last the life of my ownership.

I did not use the touch-up sticks for stone chips. For me they do not provide the control or detail and make more of a mess than the the original chip. I use a Chipex kit. I have touched up stone chips in the bonnet, bumper and door. The are practically invisible afterwards of you follow the instructions exactly. Or, if you proceed with the tocuh-up stick purchase some touch up paint micro brushes, ebay do them. They give fine, accurate control to apply the paint

https://www.chipex.co.uk/shop/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhb36BRCfARIsAKcXh6H5NcE5gFn3LjWqnTGnqHLKBKlQdEqUv4dzrTBiYJlGkaT0dimTcUIaAqhQEALw_wcB

5 minutes ago, jasoncmiles said:

I did not use the touch-up sticks for stone chips. For me they do not provide the control or detail and make more of a mess than the the original chip. I use a Chipex kit. I have touched up stone chips in the bonnet, bumper and door. The are practically invisible afterwards of you follow the instructions exactly. Or, if you proceed with the tocuh-up stick purchase some touch up paint micro brushes, ebay do them. They give fine, accurate control to apply the paint

https://www.chipex.co.uk/shop/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhb36BRCfARIsAKcXh6H5NcE5gFn3LjWqnTGnqHLKBKlQdEqUv4dzrTBiYJlGkaT0dimTcUIaAqhQEALw_wcB

This looks excellent