Build Week 40

KaroqHenry

Just been told that my Karoq is scheduled to be  built in week 40 (beginning 28th September.  It will be the new MY 2021 specification which means for my SE Tech the following:

• KESSY GO – Keyless start / stop system with alarm and SAFE system added
  • Two USB C ports to replace 1 USB A (guess I will have to buy a couple of USB C To C cables)
  • New two-spoke steering wheel
  • Emergency call standard on all trims SE Technology will come with Remote access and Infotainment Online (1 year)

2 hours ago, KaroqHenry said:
  • Two USB C ports to replace 1 USB A (guess I will have to buy a couple of USB C To C cables)

I found these to be excellent! With good customer reviews. They are REALLY well made! Probably the best USB cables I have ever bought.

Two (2) for only £3.99 from Amazon - free postage with "Prime" or first order (UK). Alternatively  £0.99 postage with quick delivery (2 days) from Amazon UK

LINK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gritin-Adapter-Pack-Male-Female/dp/B081S27N43
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081S27N43/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

The small profile of the “C” plug makes it more versatile if using plugs side by side, and they come in two different lengths - 15cm & 30 cm

Hope the link helps......Tony

We seem to have lost the removable boot torch for MY21 according to the German Karoq forum. But this wasn't listed in the standard spec for the MY20 cars either so I don't know if it had already been removed.

30 minutes ago, DSL said:

Removable torch deffo in my MY20 SE. :thumbup:

Right so we just have to wait to see if MY21 cars still have it or not.

1 hour ago, Tim1631 said:

Mine gets built next week (week 38) will mine get all the new tech, steering wheel etc? 

Go to the Skoda web page and use the live chat to ask.  You would need your 8 digit order number.

21 hours ago, Great Yeti said:

I found these to be excellent! With good customer reviews. They are REALLY well made! Probably the best USB cables I have ever bought.

Two (2) for only £3.99 from Amazon - free postage with "Prime" or first order (UK). Alternatively  £0.99 postage with quick delivery (2 days) from Amazon UK

LINK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gritin-Adapter-Pack-Male-Female/dp/B081S27N43
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081S27N43/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

The small profile of the “C” plug makes it more versatile if using plugs side by side, and they come in two different lengths - 15cm & 30 cm

Hope the link helps......Tony

Thanks, I will order these as I ony have A to C capbles.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

Mine gets built next week (week 38) will mine get all the new tech, steering wheel etc? 

Should do as that after the changeover to MY21 spec.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/09/2020 at 12:27, Tim1631 said:

Hi Tim. Mine was due to be built week 38 also - have you had a further update, I have not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike643 said:

Hi Tim. Mine was due to be built week 38 also - have you had a further update, I have not. 

Hi Mike, yeah I have. Its been built and they have tons me it would be ready for collection no later that Halloween. However that now depends on what happens with any new lock downs 🤔

12 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

Hi Mike, yeah I have. Its been built and they have tons me it would be ready for collection no later that Halloween. However that now depends on what happens with any new lock downs 🤔

Thanks Tim

I've heard nothing. Was that the dealer or an email from Sjoda please? 

40 minutes ago, Mike643 said:

Thanks Tim

I've heard nothing. Was that the dealer or an email from Sjoda please? 

No problem, it was direct from the dealer via letter to my house and also a phone call 😊

7 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

No problem, it was direct from the dealer via letter to my house and also a phone call 😊

Hi Tim. Used Skoda live chat for an update. Car built week 38 and now at port of Emden awaiting a ship to be assigned. Stated this could take 7 - 10 days then once a ship assigned takes up to 2 weeks for ship to arrive UK. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mike643 said:

Hi Tim. Used Skoda live chat for an update. Car built week 38 and now at port of Emden awaiting a ship to be assigned. Stated this could take 7 - 10 days then once a ship assigned takes up to 2 weeks for ship to arrive UK. 

Hi Mike

Thanks very much for the uodate, that's great news! 

👍😎

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2020 at 17:37, Mike643 said:

Car being shipped over at the end of this week! 

• Like 1

On 20/09/2020 at 17:37, Mike643 said:

Would be surprised if it is on the boat for 2 weeks, Skoda chat said 1or 2 days on the boat, then it can take about a week to get from the port to dealer

"So I can see that your order is at status 38 which means it has been released for shipping at the Port of Exit, so it's just waiting to be loaded on to a ship. Your vehicle arrived at the Port of Exit on the 19th of September and can take up to 7-10 working days to be loaded on to the ship. Once it is on the ship it will take around 1-2 working days to arrive at the UK Port"

8 hours ago, Dyrnog said:

Would be surprised if it is on the boat for 2 weeks, Skoda chat said 1or 2 days on the boat, then it can take about a week to get from the port to dealer

"So I can see that your order is at status 38 which means it has been released for shipping at the Port of Exit, so it's just waiting to be loaded on to a ship. Your vehicle arrived at the Port of Exit on the 19th of September and can take up to 7-10 working days to be loaded on to the ship. Once it is on the ship it will take around 1-2 working days to arrive at the UK Port"

Now been told by dealer that car will be with them this week for collection next week sometime .

• Like 1

Now been told by dealer that car will be with them this week for collection next week sometime .

Same. Might be able to get it Saturday, I need to check today if it's arrived and - if so - when it'll be ready to collect. I'm pretty busy at work and did contemplate paying to have it shipped from Sheffield. But I really want to check it at the dealers before taking actual delivery.

• Like 1