MY 21 - infotainment

KevinF

I thought there were heated  wires at the bottom of the screen which heated the air, could be wrong but that's how I understood after watching the video. As above I was very happy with heated screen on my Ford which is why I have added to karoq order

3 hours ago, Dyrnog said:

I thought there were heated  wires at the bottom of the screen which heated the air, could be wrong but that's how I understood after watching the video. As above I was very happy with heated screen on my Ford which is why I have added to karoq order

I think the video was suggesting there MAY be some wires at the bottom of the screen to heat the glass where the windscreen wipers rest (so they will be unfrozen quickly should you try to use the wipers when they're frozen to the glass). Whether these are present on the Karoq we will have to wait to see. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, john999boy said:

This may help:-

thanks Johnboy, very interesting 🧐 

I have to say, I reckon the screen does seem to keep a lot of the heat out. The car had been in full sun all day and it was nowhere near as hot inside as the Yeti in similar circumstances.

Edited by CFB

On 11/09/2020 at 14:15, KaroqHenry said:

This is what MY21 Karow steering wheels are to look like, two spoke but with a bit at the bottom that makes it look like a spoke has been removed.  Thsi picture is a mk4 Octavia.

skoda_octavia_official4.jpg

Not good at all. I'd be disappointed with that wheel. It look horrendous. No option for a 3 spoke wheel? 

3 hours ago, DSL said:

Understood but somebody is taking weight reduction a bit too far. :thumbup:

It's the new 'minimal' look to go with having to look and reach for a touchscreen instead of just flicking a switch! 

Hi everyone, glad to find and join this valuable forum.

I ordered Karoq 1,5 TSI DSG two weeks ago to replace my Kuga, and I am collecting all information about MY 2021.

I will have Amundsen in my car and as I was told by deeler, SD card readers were discontinued now and navigation updates will be downloaded automatically, when available, through eSIM as the vehicle stays on-line all the time. 

I am in doubt now as some of you say that navigation software will be updated through USB port. 

Or, could there be such huge difference between infotainment specifications in UK and CZ?

1 hour ago, KaroqCZ said:

Hi everyone, glad to find and join this valuable forum.

I ordered Karoq 1,5 TSI DSG two weeks ago to replace my Kuga, and I am collecting all information about MY 2021.

I will have Amundsen in my car and as I was told by deeler, SD card readers were discontinued now and navigation updates will be downloaded automatically, when available, through eSIM as the vehicle stays on-line all the time. 

I am in doubt now as some of you say that navigation software will be updated through USB port. 

Or, could there be such huge difference between infotainment specifications in UK and CZ?

The MY21 Karoq will be using the new MIB3 version of the Amundsen satnav. This is said to still use an SD card to hold the maps (rather than the hard drive used in the Columbus) but it seems to be inaccessible to the driver. In the UK, we are now getting a free e-SIM for updates (but only for the first year?). The owner's manual says updates will be added to the maps as required automatically, and there is no confirmation about being able to update the maps via the USB socket. I think previous comments about doing this were for the MIB2 satnavs - unless any Kamiq owners know better?

Unfortunately MY21 manual is not yet available here (at least I have not been able to find on-line version) but dealer assured me that e-SIM as well as navigation updates will be provided and supported free for Amundsen system by manufacturer for entire life of vehicle, provided system is factory fitted. 

Could you please give me a link to PDF version of UK MY21 manual. Sorry for bothering you but versions available on-line do not specify what MY they refer to.

1 hour ago, KaroqCZ said:

Unfortunately MY21 manual is not yet available here (at least I have not been able to find on-line version) but dealer assured me that e-SIM as well as navigation updates will be provided and supported free for Amundsen system by manufacturer for entire life of vehicle, provided system is factory fitted. 

Could you please give me a link to PDF version of UK MY21 manual. Sorry for bothering you but versions available on-line do not specify what MY they refer to.

The owners manuals are at https://manual.skoda-auto.com/210/en-gb/Model/Karoq_NU/07-2020/en

The 2020/07 issue is the MY21 version (the previous 2020/05 issue which was also for MY21 seems to have disappeared!) and they seem to offer it in Cestina as well as English. 

In the UK some of the Skoda Connect functions are only free for the first year, and I thought that included the map updates. If I'm wrong, I'll be very relieved as I'm not convinced that I need all its features :) 

Edited by CJJE

Thanks, understood.

As I understand it, navigation updates are only a part of Skoda Connect package and this part is provided for free for unlimited period of time. 

I have not purchased whole package as I found most of features useless and if I change my mind they can be activated later. 

Hello,

Just collected my lovely new Karoq and trying to wade through all the infotainment settings particularly the navigation section. I am finding that having downloaded the above manual it is not ( as expected) conforming exactly with some of the screens i am getting up. This is obviously, as i see it , because i have the very lastest infotainment system as my car is MY21? There are two sticking points at the moment and I recognise it is early days!! How to set the clock to a 24hrs clock format and how to enter favourites that i have in GPS format, i.e.degrees and minutes. Please bear with me if i have missed something but I have tried to search and not been succesful...newbie speaking!!!

Regardless of that Thanks in advance to everyone helping.

Hi,

Just for your information, mine was through Motorline, Gillingham, Kent and they told me in the first week of August that mine had just been built and was awaiting shipment process. So mine was built as MY21 then, so I would have thought yours should be MY21?

in fact at the end of July we had a test drive with them and we saw MY 21 cars being unloaded at the same dealer off the car transporter.

Really should be MY21 but who knows what goes on behind the scenes!!

Regards

Eric

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jelugs said:

Hello,

Just collected my lovely new Karoq and trying to wade through all the infotainment settings particularly the navigation section. I am finding that having downloaded the above manual it is not ( as expected) conforming exactly with some of the screens i am getting up. This is obviously, as i see it , because i have the very lastest infotainment system as my car is MY21? There are two sticking points at the moment and I recognise it is early days!! How to set the clock to a 24hrs clock format and how to enter favourites that i have in GPS format, i.e.degrees and minutes. Please bear with me if i have missed something but I have tried to search and not been succesful...newbie speaking!!!

Regardless of that Thanks in advance to everyone helping.

The 2020/07 manual seems to me to show the MY21 infotainment systems... and the section covering the driver information system talks about setting the clock. For the Virtual Cockpit it also talks about setting the units desired which may include a choice of 12 hour or 24 hour clocks? There must be some way to set it to miles/gallons or kilometres/litres too I'd have thought. 

Which trim level and infotainment system do you have? Can you add a POI by touching the map on the screen perhaps?

If you have the new steering wheel and USB-C sockets you should have a MY21 car that is as shown in the 2020/07 owners manual.

Edited by CJJE

Thanks for your reply,

I am a bit green on all this but as far as I know I have the very latest infotainment system as my car is definitely MY21.

it is Karoq SE Drive. Yes it has USB C sockets and the new steering wheel.

I will certainly pursue this more tomorrow but struggling so far. One thing I can say that I have the 2020/07 manual downloaded and it contradicts what I am seeing at times???

will try your idea of touching the screen to add POIs tomorrow 
Thanks a lot

Eric

16 hours ago, Jelugs said:

Thanks for your reply,

I am a bit green on all this but as far as I know I have the very latest infotainment system as my car is definitely MY21.

it is Karoq SE Drive. Yes it has USB C sockets and the new steering wheel.

I will certainly pursue this more tomorrow but struggling so far. One thing I can say that I have the 2020/07 manual downloaded and it contradicts what I am seeing at times???

will try your idea of touching the screen to add POIs tomorrow 
Thanks a lot

Eric

I'm still waiting for mine to be built, so I'm relying on the manual at the moment. But I think there should be a Car/Settings menu that will let you choose the units being used. 

On 21/09/2020 at 18:24, zappahey said:

I'm on the edge of my seat now, wondering if my car is going to be the new spec when I collect it on Friday. It's through an agent and he says it left the factory on 25 August but is MY20 spec. I'm hoping he's wrong. 

Hope all went well with the collection, was it MY20 or MY21? Anyway enjoy!!!

21 minutes ago, zappahey said:

I got my days confused, travelling today to collect in the morning. I'll report back tomorrow.

Ok thanks for that.....I am sure you will enjoy whichever it is. I am delighted with my Karoq and after hours of playing about on the new Infotainment system finally worked out how to enter Favourites from GPS coordinates!!

Enjoy

Eric

Looks superb shouldn’t worry about MY20, at least your manual covers what you have actually got in the car. I am struggling my way around the MY 21 Infotainment system for which ,at the moment, there is no up to date manual.

Poor show Skoda, when you produce a lovely car!! Not giving us the documentation to use all the numerous facilities 

Enjoy and polish tomorrow if there is no rain where you are!!
Eric

On 21/09/2020 at 18:24, zappahey said:

I'm on the edge of my seat now, wondering if my car is going to be the new spec when I collect it on Friday. It's through an agent and he says it left the factory on 25 August but is MY20 spec. I'm hoping he's wrong.