Radio station logos

Macdemon

37 minutes ago, moordown66 said:

Would love to see a video of what you're actually doing to see what's different if you get the chance

Tattoo = Radio

From manage Logos, you should be able to see station list display, select one and it should then look for and find your USB stick, select the logo you want ...

No, just tried it again exactly as you said.  Don't get that option to upload from a stick whatever I try.

Settings

Station logos

Select the station I want

It says please select a station logo

There's nothing there and no option to select usb. 

Just a no station logo at the bottom

If I press that it goes back to the station list 

So, No idea why mine is different to yours!

19 hours ago, moordown66 said:

I just tried that and absolutely no joy. I have exactly the same issue in exactly the same way as VolkanB, so @HareLaw.....what are you doing different or what behaves differently from VolkanB's video for you so you get it to work?

Same for me no joy...

15 hours ago, HareLaw said:

OK if you want a video, this might just work (below)

I'm now fairly sure that mainstream channels work fine (BBC World Service on video) but smaller ones seem to struggle, but at least you can see one working

Good liuck

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pcJhxW2ecZSEjdRB8

Thanks for the educational video the issue is that for a part of the devices the Station Logos option does not appear in the menu...

4 hours ago, zoharin said:

Thanks for the educational video the issue is that for a part of the devices the Station Logos option does not appear in the menu...

Yes, that's the issue. What is on the video is EXACTLY how it used to work on my old Octavia but you just can't do that now on the new software as Zoharin says. 

On 11/02/2021 at 17:14, HareLaw said:

I'm now fairly sure that mainstream channels work fine (BBC World Service on video) but smaller ones seem to struggle, but at least you can see one working

Good liuck

What software and hardware version is in your car?  It's listed in settings?  How old is the car and do you know when it was built?  Maybe been fixed in latest generation software? 

It's a 69 plate with Amundsen which received s/w updates about 10 days ago but it didn't help. If you look at VolkanB's video on the page before, the issue is identical to that although it's not an issue to Skoda, they've just inexplicably taken the function out and aren't interested in explaining why. Customer services had no interest and the local dealer couldn't believe Skoda had done it either. 

20210212_205131_resized.jpg

On 11/02/2021 at 17:14, HareLaw said:

Good liuck

Can you share the version software from your car please that works?  Thanks  

Answer to your request: Can you share the version software from your car please that works?  

Assuming it's the version of Android Auto, v3.2.33

+MIB 3-v1.1.26

Happy to find any other reference to system if you can tell me where to look ...

1 hour ago, HareLaw said:

Answer to your request: Can you share the version software from your car please that works?  

Assuming it's the version of Android Auto, v3.2.33

+MIB 3-v1.1.26

Happy to find any other reference to system if you can tell me where to look ...

If you look under System Information you will see the screen already shown in this thread a bit further up .....  Can you list the version numbers or screen shot like moordown66.

How old is your car ?

2 hours ago, Kiero1 said:

Having downloaded the logos from the internet on to a memory stick (jpg), here is how to add the station logos

That's how it worked on my Octavia. The point that is being missed is that now you do exactly that but absolutely no option to upload from USB is available, meaning that you can't do what you used to be able to do (i.e what you're showing in the video)

4 hours ago, HareLaw said:

System.thumb.jpg.d096fb932a3fc6dc8df518c55c76ce28.jpg

System.jpg

Sorry, same image twice!

Car is only 3 months old

Thanks so you must have previous generation and now a model year 21 car.  Looks like maybe only 3 months old,  but car was built early part of 2020. Must have sat at a dealers.  It's not the same part number or details as latest mib3 unit

• 2 months later...

Dear Skoda (YM2021) Owners,

Did anyone succeeded to progress and get the Radio Stations logos assignment from a USB stick resolved?

thanks in advance.

On 16/02/2021 at 19:22, Kiero1 said:

Having downloaded the logos from the internet on to a memory stick (jpg), here is how to add the station logos

Hello Kiero1,

THank you for the video shot. I am able to do exactly the same as you do on my Kodiaq. But it just doesnt work the same way on my Karoq 2020. I have brought my Karoq may times to the dealer in Istanbul, Turkey. The guy was really helpful and tried may different ways. But he also couldnt suceed it. Then afterwards, they got in touch with Skoda in Checzh REepublic. They have connected to my Karoq and have told that, the issue is the version of the Radio Module, I have on my Karoq. In Turkey, unfortunately not all the radio stations do braodcast their Logos properly. And the Module I have on my Karoq can only catch the properly broadcasted Station Logos. If the station is from a small town or a very regional station, you can not receive the logo of it, in case they do not broadcast it. I understand there are many stations in UK which have the proper broadcasting (logos sent via radio stations  - I think thay call it DAB) but here in Turkey if you get them you can store them, if not unfortunately waht Skoda was offering in My Kodiaq; is no longer available in my Newer Karoq. It is a shame. I wanted even to have the radio module to be changed. But the dealer didi not help on this, claiming that this issue is not a survival issue. I said and even had quarrelled to these guys saying that this function should be working since the webpage of Skoda still is publishing this logos for each country. But I couldn't get anywhere. I am sorry for Skoda who has disappointed me alot on this. Sorry Guys for not being able to help...  

Here in Australia we seem to be having the same issue. We don't have Skoda Connect offered here (VW doesn't have CarNet either), so we have to rely on the update portal, which seems to be tell those of us with an Amundsen that we have Columbus head units and that no updates are available. Further we are not a supported country for the downloadable radio logo files.

Like VolkanB said, we also don't have radio stations broadcasting their logos. Worse still is that we are not offered DAB+ as an option on any Kamiq or Scala, and it have been deleted from the Kodiaq and Karoq recently too. Someone at Volkswagen Australia (manages Skoda and Audi in Australia) really has a disliking against digital radio.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up my car last week,ordered in january ,i configured it myself,so it's a 2021 production model,it has software version 1310 and the add logo from usb stick works.There are 2 options in the advanced tab that i have ticked:one is autostore station logos and region for station logo where i selected the country where i live.20210531_113310.thumb.jpg.20ff5f91040c90dfddab8cbc37534077.jpg20210531_112908.thumb.jpg.45c6374d028394db78f83177a2862f7a.jpg20210531_113319.thumb.jpg.8598a4e74c4285e695019052c99b4f1d.jpg

Edited by Nahkri

• 5 weeks later...

I have a March 2020 Superb sportline plus, Having exactly the same problem. Have read all the threads I can find and tried them all, (I think) Still can't add logos to the station 'button'. Bit disappointing for my 'New' Car. Welcome to there Skoda family  :sadsmile:

Today I had my Multimedia (Bolero) on my L&K 2021 updated from version 0270 to 0278, in the dealer's garage, but unfortunately, I still cannot assign JPG logos from my USB stick to the radio stations...

:sadsmile:

• 1 year later...

I’ve been trying to figure this out as well but on a Amundsen unit and with no success to date.

I also assumed that you could upload a picture for the ‘infotainment’ profiles as well but again this doesn’t seem to be an option.