How delete phone book & phones when trading in

I am shortly px-ing my p.p.c. Octy 3 for an Octy 4 and I was thinking about personal data I don't want to leave in the car. When you use a phone in the car, all the phone's contact list is available. I thought it would be a good idea to delete this list but I have not been able to find a way to clear it in the car. Does anyone know if the list of contact details is held in the car or is it uploaded from my phone every time I connect it?  If held in the car, how do I delete it? Also, there is a list of all the phones that have been used in the car. How do I delete that list, there are some really silly names there? The Octy 3 has served me well (apart from jumpy 1.5 engine partially fixed ) and I was going to pay the final lump sum and keep the car but the way it works is that you get a brand new car for less than the final payment. My heart said "pay it off and keep the Octy 3"  but my head said "that's silly".

I think I have the answers to both my questions... Skoda UK tell me that the contact list is not held in the car memory, it is transferred in from the phone each time it is connected. The list of phones is deleted from the Bluetooth menu whish is accessed from the Media menu, then Bluetooth menu. Thanks for your help johnboy

38 minutes ago, SoupDragon said:

Skoda UK tell me that the contact list is not held in the car memory, it is transferred in from the phone each time it is connected.

That explains why my Amundsen is basically unusable for many seconds every time I turn the ignition on while it downloads the entire contact list - on my previous VAG vehicles only the updates are downloaded so the transfer is much faster.

Personally I would rather have the contacts stored in the infotainment.

3 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

That explains why my Amundsen is basically unusable for many seconds every time I turn the ignition on while it downloads the entire contact list - on my previous VAG vehicles only the updates are downloaded so the transfer is much faster.

Personally I would rather have the contacts stored in the infotainment.

I've got a Columbus plus a SEAT Amundsen equivalent and seem to recollect both showing that contacts have been updated even without any actual contact updating! :wondering:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, john999boy said:

I've got a Columbus plus a SEAT Amundsen equivalent and seem to recollect both showing that contacts have been updated even without any actual contact updating! :wondering:

I guess if the contacts aren't stored permanently they're being "updated" (from nothing) every time you turn the infotainment on?

9 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

I guess if the contacts aren't stored permanently they're being "updated" (from nothing) every time you turn the infotainment on?

In the back of my head I seem to recall something about ‘business settings’ but as it was probably when they were initially set up and has it subsequently been ignored or forgotten! It might even have been on a different marque!

That’s a definite vague post lol.

If I was trading a car in I would just factory reset the evening before I took it in, that should bin off anything personal, sat nav/home destinations, stored phones, contacts, anything really I think?