Tiers, Lockdowns & Vaccinations

cheezemonkhai

1 hour ago, gadgetman said:

Could be to avoid wastage due to no shows or people turning down. Officially our local hub doesn't operate a reserve list, and there's no way to request to join it if there is. 

A friend had a similar dilemma and was told they'd have to wait until their age group if mind changed. Another was anti vaxer/believed fake until someone they knew ended up in A&E. Been told they would have to wait until they start the group 2 cohorts and start a 'mop up' program for group 1.

This may just be something local though, and not any official NHS/PHE policy. Not sure if they went back through 119 they could still book?

Fully understand the not sure/prefer more data people. Personally I'm happy it's had enough checks. 

I 'think' they would still be able to book via the NHS website???

A helper at our hub has updated on the local group that apparently we've now hit 40% of the local area having their 1st jab. 

Explains why we've been about a week ahead of national cohort changes. 

Brilliant progress by the NHS and volunteers. 

Being just 49, I was very surprised to hear from my GP yesterday. I've an appt for a AZ vaccination on Sat AM.  :biggrin: :thumbup:

Timing couldn't be better, as our lad has just returned to 6th form.

Bit strange though, as Mrs W is just into the next age bracket up, so we were expecting her to be vaccinated first.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Westbury63 said:

Being just 49, I was very surprised to hear from my GP yesterday. I've an appt for a AZ vaccination on Sat AM.  :biggrin: :thumbup:

Timing couldn't be better, as our lad has just returned to 6th form.

Bit strange though, as Mrs W is just into the next age bracket up, so we were expecting her to be vaccinated first.

That's really interesting to know.

I assume you didn't tick any of the other vaccination priority groups, so the fact that they're going onto the under 50's is postitive.

@shyVRS245 That is exactly what it is around the UK.  Different health areas, different vaccination centres and doctors practices and delivery of vaccines and different populations and geographic distribution of citizens of different ages.    Post code lottery is not a negative term, just quite descriptive.

Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 15.03.57.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot

2 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Not really a post code lottery, but more that some areas have more older people and others have less.

So effectively those with fewer older people, will see younger people getting offers more quickly as the list is worked through.

Which is what I posted is happening here last night 😉

1 hour ago, cheezemonkhai said:

That's really interesting to know.

I assume you didn't tick any of the other vaccination priority groups, so the fact that they're going onto the under 50's is postitive.

No, no underlying health conditions that put me on a priority list. Just luck I suppose.

Shortly after posting, Mrs W received a text from our GP's for her jab. She is 1yr older than me. So we are both booked in for Saturday.:)

@shyVRS245 We have friends just the other side of town, but in a different area/postcode region, that are still waiting despite being a decade older than us. Just the way it goes I think.

At least we are being offered one in the UK, so many countries in the world have nothing so far.

• Like 2

It's all positive news in my book. Probably 23 million having had the first jab which is more than one third of the entire UK Population and only second to the USA in sheer numbers protected. Great effort and dedication from all concerned including volunteers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

Norway and Denmark suspend AstraZeneca vaccine.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56357760

Just to note that it's precautionary whilst they investigate.

More details are in the article that was linked :)

EDIT:

I know stating the obvious, but just in case anyone was to jump on the bandwagon :thumbup:

Edited by cheezemonkhai
  • Haha 1

When recreational travel is allowed, which countries we can visit will largely depend on individual destinations’ rules.

But even if tourists are allowed in, in many cases a negative PCR test taken within a certain timeframe prior to travel will be required.

Different nations accept different types of test – and getting the wrong one could mean you’re barred entry.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/pcr-covid-test-travel-antigen-b1815920.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1615480653

Link to list of accredited test providers.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/968556/covid-private-testing-providers-general-testing-110321.csv/preview

And even test to release doesn't mean you can get back in from everywhere should people be permitted to go on holiday again..

From https://humanmedicine.synlab.co.uk/test-to-release/

PASSENGERS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR TEST TO RELEASE

International arrivals who have been in or through any of the countries on the UK Government’s Red Travel Ban list in the previous 10 days will be refused entry to the UK. Click here for the latest updates re Red Travel Ban countries.

British or Irish Nationals, or those with residence rights in the UK, will be able to enter if they have been in or travelled through Red Travel Ban list but must quarantine in a government approved hotel for 10 days, and cannot use the Test to Release scheme.

Government link to Red list countries:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/transport-measures-to-protect-the-uk-from-variant-strains-of-covid-19#travel-bans-to-the-uk---banned-countries

3 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

'As a precautionary step' Ireland have suspended use of the Oxford-AstraZenaca vaccine.  

What is going on with AZ? They keep appearing in the news and not necessarily for the right reasons. 

'People' who should know say that 'Blood Clots' are not a concern, no more than is normal etc.

People who have to be careful for the citizens of their countries are saying.   'Lets suspend the use of these vaccines.' 

Someone somewhere needs to be saying

'These are safe to use and there is no Blood Clot concerns'.    Or there might be with some batches.  

There is a plus for the UK in that there will be more Vaccines available if only the people the Government need to persuade to get one comes forward as the vaccinations in the UK slow.

Or they can get on with getting the 2nd jags (jabs) done and those that are anti-jab can just carry on as they are.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Lee01 said:

What is going on with AZ? They keep appearing in the news and not necessarily for the right reasons. 

Bias?  :sadsmile:. Or being over careful?:sadsmile:

Seriously the number of people getting clots after the vaccine is apparently no higher than would occur naturally without the vaccine...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56357760

Edited by skomaz
Link added

5 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Bias?  :sadsmile:. Or being over careful?:sadsmile:

Seriously the number of people getting clots after the vaccine is apparently no higher than would occur naturally without the vaccine...

There is a lot of eyes on this an ensuring that people don't have adverse reactions. 

Previously it was Pfizer and anaphylaxis worries 

• Like 2