Tiers, Lockdowns & Vaccinations

cheezemonkhai

26 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

I feel fine now, but my shoulder is still really sore, I am sporting a nice big bruise to prove it. I've never had a bruise with an injection before, but the vaccinator did inject it very fast, I could feel quite a bit of pressure as he zapped it in. I'm not saying he didn't know what he was doing, but maybe he should have taken a shorter run-up before jabbing me? 

Maybe he thought he was going for the star-prize on Bullseye :D

36 minutes ago, TMB said:

Maybe he thought he was going for the star-prize on Bullseye :D

Look at what you could have had.....

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Still set to have my first jab on Easter Sunday but had an email last night from the Bundesgesundheitsministerium; I'll be getting either the BioNTech/ Pfizer or the Moderna vaccine now rather than the Astrazeneca vaccine. This is after 31 people under 50 had blood clots (29F 2M) after having the Astrazeneca vaccine. No ide if they had other health issues. 
I'll be 50 ten days after my jab :D 

Edited by Lee01

Are you in an at risk group Lee or has Germany really got on with the vaccinations?

I will have several months at least to wait, they have only just started the 70 - 75's, for those as young as you it will be a lot longer.

Edited by J.R.

With all respect 31 per 2.7 million (Approx 0.001%) and 9 deaths (0.0003%) with no proof it is related, just the fact you can’t be 100% certain it isn’t.

Those odds vs COVID-19, I know which I’d rather bet on.

Still nice to see you’re getting a jab as most of my colleagues still have a long wait ahead (albeit in different states).

• Like 1

Mrs Cakemonster (47) got a call on the way home from work yesterday from the local practice group saying they had spare Pfizer vaccine and could she get there straight away. She's got an achey arm today, but nothing else. (But she's not a wuss like me with injections).

It's nice to know they're utilising any spares and not letting them go to waste.

It seems the Pfizer jab doesn't cause as many side effects as the AZ one doesn't it. My Dad had the Pfizer and zero side effects. My brother and me both had AZ and had the usual mild flu symptoms that lasted 24-ish hours.

I realise the two vaccines are quite different to each other, but assumed as they were both prepping the immune system for the same thing they would have similar side effects. I guess that's why the clever people stay on at school and design these things and I just sit there and stick my arm out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheezemonkhai said:

With all respect 31 per 2.7 million (Approx 0.001%) and 9 deaths (0.0003%) with no proof it is related, just the fact you can’t be 100% certain it isn’t.

Those odds vs COVID-19, I know which I’d rather bet on.

Still nice to see you’re getting a jab as most of my colleagues still have a long wait ahead (albeit in different states).

I think it's 32 cases from 1,680,000 jabs (the number of Astrazeneca jabs administered as of 29/3/21 - 30/3/21)

Yes, happy to be getting a jab. @J.R. yes.
https://www.dw.com/en/germany-restricts-use-of-astrazeneca-vaccine-to-over-60s-in-most-cases/a-57049301

Edited by Lee01

Yes to what, you are in a high risk group or they are ahead of the game and vaccinating the healthy under 50's?

Many things in life carry a risk and if you are one of the 0003% it’s terrible but if you consider all the inoculations we may have had over the years and all the risks we take in life driving/flying etc etc this is just another one and I still think I prefer the AZ to the Russian Sputnik V that the EU are  rumoured to be thinking of using if approved,as I say it’s all a risk however small.

When it comes to the second jab, we are told that the AZ one should be fairly innocuous in general, although the Pfizer one is showing evidence of an increased reaction to it's second job 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

When it comes to the second jab, we are told that the AZ one should be fairly innocuous in general, although the Pfizer one is showing evidence of an increased reaction to it's second job 

I have heard the same from people who have had both types. Still both immeasurably better than getting COVID 👍

4 minutes ago, john999boy said:

It's good to know that people are clamping down in a big way on harmful coronavirus vaccine theories - this relates to the renowned TV channel Loveworld Television Network and an Ofcom Decision.

Interestingly and related I've just finished reading this

How many conspiracy theorists does it take to change a lightbulb? QAnon won’t let me tell you. I can, however, reveal that it takes only a dozen anti-vaxxers to spread dangerous misinformation to millions of people. According to a report from the NGO Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH), up to 65% of anti-vaccine content on Facebook and Twitter can be traced back to just 12 people. Although Facebook has disputed the report’s methodology, the 12 have been nicknamed the “disinformation dozen”, and include Robert F Kennedy Jr, the nephew of John F Kennedy. A few of the 12 have been removed from at least one social media platform, but are still free to post on others.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/30/how-many-anti-vaxxers-does-it-take-to-misinform-the-world-just-twelve

• Like 1

It's interesting watching the local conspiracists on social media. Despite being fake, the government controlling etc etc its interesting to see how many have either had a vaccination, or complaining they can't get one (under 50, can't book locally etc). 

It's as if some are happy fighting the 'system' just because they can. 

It's the same group who complain the camera vans are a stealth tax when caught doing 90+ in the local roadworks with a 40 limit 🙄

Certainly there does seem to be a lot less of then now than a few months ago. 

• Haha 1

Well I go my AZ jab yesterday and generally Ok so far.  Felt a bit 'dull and achy' this morning but nothing a couple of paracetamol hasn't sorted...

Had my second Pfizer jab an hour ago.  Was told I'll possibly experience more symptoms with this one.  Given that I experienced nothing untoward with the first, it'll be interesting to see what 'more' is.  We've roadworks nearby which are snarling everything up, so I went over on my scooter, which was a bit of a bonus as they made me jump a queue of about 30 people.  Said I was happy to wait my turn, but they insisted.  While they deliberated about the logistics of how to get my scooter into the main injection area, I gave them a minute and then suggested I ditch the scooter and walk in, which solved their quandary (I'd already told the check-in person I was happy to dump the scooter wherever they wanted, and could toddle in under my own steam).

Gaz

Edited by Gaz_
double word

2 hours ago, Gaz_ said:

Had my second Pfizer jab an hour ago.  Was told I'll possibly experience more symptoms with this one.  Given that I experienced nothing untoward with the first, it'll be interesting to see what 'more' is.  We've roadworks nearby which are snarling everything up, so I went over on my scooter, which was a bit of a bonus as they made me jump a queue of about 30 people.  Said I was happy to wait my turn, but they insisted.  While they deliberated about the logistics of how to get my scooter into the main injection area, I gave them a minute and then suggested I ditch the scooter and walk in, which solved their quandary (I'd already told the check-in person I was happy to dump the scooter wherever they wanted, and could toddle in under my own steam).

Gaz

Please keep us informed as to how you get on with any side effects, Gaz. Having my second Pfizer next Thursday.

must ask my sisters in law what theyve gotten...

the one in scotland (has had breast cancer twice in the last 10yrs..) had a headache for the day after hers. 

One in ireland got her first jab as she's back working in healthcare. she was flattened for about 4days. she rang up about it and was told they are seeing severe reactions like hers in 2 groups of people - those in their 20s for reasons unknown, and older people who have already had covid. she does think she had it back in january, before it was officially "here" and people "had the flu" 

2 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Is the Pfizer jab, the one with the microchip? 

Yes, but it's okay, the Skynet chip that was installed as part of my cybernetic upgrade (hip joint) will overwrite any Pfizer coding and utilise the additional processing capacity for when I start to look for Sarah Connor :bandit:

G800

• Haha 2