Bike ride stats/Strava etc

olduns

Got some decent size patches about somewhere, just need to get some more glue, feel a bit more comfortable with it as its a sidewall. 

Gunk is either Stans or Muc off, not sure TBH from memory. There was still enough wet gunk in there so I think I was unlucky? 

Stan's normal.....too much in it to replace, i'll keep persevering :unsure:

just thrown a patch on the sidewall, give it a go later or sometime tomorrow :sweat:

14 hours ago, olduns said:

Stan's normal.....too much in it to replace, i'll keep persevering :unsure:

just thrown a patch on the sidewall, give it a go later or sometime tomorrow :sweat:

chuck some ground flax seed or glitter in the mix that helps seal larger holes too. 

I should be around Cannock chase this weekend 

patch on the inside part worked...this sealant stuff just doesn't want to clean off properly.

was sealing until you apply pressure to the area or lower pressure and push as if riding then slight milky weep each time but did reseal.

last effort is a patch on the outside, if this fails it's either throw a tube in or replace the rear tyre with the Forekaster that came on the bike.

a quick look last night for tyres...jeez they're now near the price of car tyres  :o

i'll try and take a spin out tomorrow around the park at the back and see what happens, at least i can see the house!

at the moment i'm out at 1.30 Saturday with the group and maybe Sunday on my own depending on how the legs feel  :D, not over Stile Cop though or FTD/Monkey.

3 or 4 of our group have been down at Birches Valley on the new Blue trail and by all accounts the reports are good...nice flowing gravel with bermed corners, trail builders say it needs to harden up to prevent too many ruts

Edited by olduns
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, olduns said:

patch on the inside part worked...this sealant stuff just doesn't want to clean off properly.

was sealing until you apply pressure to the area or lower pressure and push as if riding then slight milky weep each time but did reseal.

last effort is a patch on the outside, if this fails it's either throw a tube in or replace the rear tyre with the Forekaster that came on the bike.

a quick look last night for tyres...jeez they're now near the price of car tyres  :o

i'll try and take a spin out tomorrow around the park at the back and see what happens, at least i can see the house!

at the moment i'm out at 1.30 Saturday with the group and maybe Sunday on my own depending on how the legs feel  :D, not over Stile Cop though or FTD/Monkey.

3 or 4 of our group have been down at Birches Valley on the new Blue trail and by all accounts the reports are good...nice flowing gravel with bermed corners, trail builders say it needs to harden up to prevent too many ruts

ah nice one they look like they're coming on well , I'll see how our day takes us, might end that way. Will be heading over Sunday morning 

god i wish my morning route here was as smoothly gravelled as that :D

ill try and take some pics tomorrow...

20210528_070506.thumb.jpg.308a62d4336edd37239497228e18a862.jpg

part of my ascent track.

20210528_071043.thumb.jpg.f4829fef16807735c29c02717113bc48.jpg

more of the ascent

20210528_071112.thumb.jpg.6917d70aab5262b64ed14c9d53125819.jpg

how smooth...

20210528_071241.thumb.jpg.b288449aad5c47baa5075e978381ad78.jpg

just lovely .

20210528_071521.thumb.jpg.3985ab9f70478bf8fce095b3ee99e13d.jpg

descent to the woodland (cant see it in the mist..) cant see the piinty rocks sticking out of the ground ...

20210528_072931.thumb.jpg.c43e9ae5d091303e4c91fded31c6a715.jpg

most of the foresty trails are like this

20210528_072037.thumb.jpg.da1b0b2c0f3c60a00a2a3ca1044d6840.jpg

but the vehicle tracks are like this..

its a fairly mixed bag tbf...

20210528_072928.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

i do indeed have a shower at my office - given my main office since March last year has been a desk in the spare room at home :D

yeah, its hardtail country alright. and nice fat tyres... when i get as far getting a new one itll be pretty different... descents are a bit butt puckering on normal tyres, no shocks and rim brakes :D

• Haha 1

So the inside/outside patches failed miserably.... Tube now in until tyre is worn out. 

A bit of a service/clean in the outdoor workshop after the garden work ready for the w/e, more of a B than a full one 😏

Note the highly technical equipment to prevent the patio from getting any dirtier 🤭

IMG_20210528_181826.thumb.jpg.e3016c31d0121bf8d061458ff166f05b.jpg

• Like 1

Group ride today, phone decided to die about 2m from home so total nearer 19 miles.

front brake was draggy so i adjusted it at the Coffee stop about 30 secs before we left...not a good idea!

sounded like a steam train chugging away as the rivets on the disc caught the caliper...wheeel rolled easier though, just noisy...ill post pic in a while. Disc cleaned up, new pads fitted, caliper aligned... Just need bedding in now for tomorrow's ride 🚴

29 may 21.JPG

IMG_20210529_175634.jpg

Edited by olduns

a rather warm one today and another off  :rolleyes:

round a tree to avoid a walker having to walk through mud, big roots, front wrong side to turn and away we went!

i 'think' i lost concentration...on her own, shorts, short T shirt and ermmm very nice  :inlove:

she rushed over to see if i was OK and damn me i forgot to ask for mouth to mouth :D

just a bruised ego to show for it luckily, no lasting damage

30 may 21.JPG

Screenshot_20210530_135708_com.wahoofitness.fitness.jpg

IMG_20210530_124411.jpg

Edited by olduns
  • Haha 2

This downhill bit I lost the trail with all the recent logging so just decided straight line to the trail below 🤔

Basically branches, twigs etc left over so how I didn't get a puncture I have no idea.... I shan't be doing it again 😀

IMG_20210530_115617.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, olduns said:

think' i lost concentration...on her own, shorts, short T shirt and ermmm very nice

distracted by the view, you ended up a hole..... ;)

if it makes you feel any better, both of my recent offs have been at low speed while trying to avoid having an off 🤣

had a blast a Cannock and hit a lot of the stuff I missed out last time (black sections) missed the first boardwalk as I was going too fast and didn't want to turn round. 

struggled with the skinny feature at let loose(pictured), ain't gonna lie .. this took me a good 4 goes to get it without stopping but happy I nailed the following rock garden after it.

I won't post I time up as we stopped many times especially up cardiac hill (think the new guy found this particularly tough) and I didn't stop my watch each time.(doesn't auto pause) only did the dog as I think the monkey was beyond him(pictured deciding if to do monkey too) 20210530_124028.thumb.jpg.8d3b44073163ae88dfce1b875e2d03dc.jpgi'll be back there soon!! 

Screenshot_20210531-012446_Video Player.jpg

• Love it! 1

I've never done Cardiac, only the Marquis Drive paved section and that's tough enough on a decent surface. 

I was near FTD at the top of Marquis, looked to be busy? Plenty of large groups around? 

Plans have changed for us today so I may get out again... 3 days in a row so my legs may feel it tomorrow 😀

• Like 1

Another warm one... Group ride. We were sitting around waiting for last one to arrive and I think if there was a pub close by we would have said Sod it 😀

2 miles to be added from home to start and I'll add the ride profile later. 

Screenshot_20210605_174236_com.wahoofitness.fitness.jpg

On 30/05/2021 at 19:09, mac11irl said:

if it makes you feel any better, both of my recent offs have been at low speed while trying to avoid having an off 🤣

I went through a phase of regular offs forgetting that I was clipped to the pedals when stopping at junctions, traffic lights, my own backdoor etc.

The best one was at a crowded boulangerie, I pulled up outside intending standing my bike by the front door, instead I fell sideways into the shop amongst the people queuing for their bread bringing the bike in with me :sadsmile:

• Haha 3

My best one was in Cambridge cycling past Pembroke College along Trumpington Street.   As I went past a parked car the drivers door opened so I swing hard right.  I was going too fast really and couldn't stop before I hit the open gutter in front of the college.  The front wheel went down it and stopped, I went over the handlebars but because I had toe clips on the bike then followed me and I ended up on my back with the bike still attached at the college gate.  I was in such a position that I needed a passer by to loosen the clips so I could unhook my feet and get up.  No injury just a bruised ego.

A few days later a mate got similar treatment from another driver but ended up hitting the car door and going over the top of it...

• Love it! 1
  • Confused 1

and the above tale are exctly why i shall never be putting clips on my pedals... i like to be able to escape quickly if things go sideways...