Bolero MIB1 Update Help Please!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Ircan said:

Hi, would you send me update for this one

Thx

16587693918595243193287778595369.jpg

You should hold down the menu key and enter special mode to get Software Train information 

I think you have MSTD_EU_SK_P6230_0421 written as your Software Train

MSTD_EU_SK_P6230_0490 is available

Edited by varooom

On 28/05/2022 at 21:20, Bobby34 said:

Hi, would you send me update for this one? 

P.S. No need, found it and successfully updated. 

Bobby, where you find it? Thx 

1 hour ago, varooom said:

You should hold down the menu key and enter special mode to get Software Train information 

I think you have MSTD_EU_SK_P6230_0421 written as your Software Train

MSTD_EU_SK_P6230_0490 is available

Hi, I have _P3163...

16587742456973478265711344592913.jpg

@Maestroy You should hold down your menu button to get into the hidden menu

Will need to see your Software Train, to make sure correct file is sent.

It should look like this - MSTD_EU_SK_Pxxxx

Also you must be able to enter this hidden menu for update, no other location works.

And welcome to the forum

@pab567

I would be super thankful if you could provide me with a link for a sw update of unit with part number: 5E0 035 840 A  --> if there is any new version.

It is running awfully slow at some times.

If anybody knows i would like to ask if it is possible to change the screen with a part number: 5E0 919 605 H

Thanks for any advice given, I would be very happy if I could update this unit, so maybe it will work better.

Regards.

295451745_1516004195523779_8310256046383455378_n.jpg

7 minutes ago, Zigx said:

@pab567

I would be super thankful if you could provide me with a link for a sw update of unit with part number: 5E0 035 840 A  --> if there is any new version.

It is running awfully slow at some times.

If anybody knows i would like to ask if it is possible to change the screen with a part number: 5E0 919 605 H

Thanks for any advice given, I would be very happy if I could update this unit, so maybe it will work better.

Regards.

295451745_1516004195523779_8310256046383455378_n.jpg

As I am here, I can send you the firmware for this.
If you look up a few posts, you will see that you are in the wrong screen for update of firmware.

You are needing to press and hold Menu button down until you enter the hidden menu where you can see Software Train, and the REAL update button.

@pab567 I can send the firmware as you are probably offline, though he has question about changing of screen your expertise would answer.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pab567 said:

5E0919605H is MIB2 screen so glove box unit must be exchanged as well

Thanks for the answer, so that screen is not going to work for my case. It is hard to find a good replacement because of the CANTON speakers and amplifier, the android upgrade is not possible...  Are there any replacement screens for the  5E0035840A unit? -- is there any compatibility list available, so I could find a replacement... (touch doesnt work on a small area and it's frustrating)   

Thank you for your reply and advice. 

Thanks so much for your reply.

Initially I was looking to update my maps but to be honest I don't really know what I'm doing!

I've just brought a 2018 Skoda Fabia Mote Carlo.

What would a firmware update give me?

14 minutes ago, ArchStanton said:

Thanks so much for your reply.

Initially I was looking to update my maps but to be honest I don't really know what I'm doing!

I've just brought a 2018 Skoda Fabia Mote Carlo.

What would a firmware update give me?

I was not sure if @pab567 was responding or busy with work, but firmware can fix issues with say Bluetooth connectivity and other issues that you may experience in time.

Sadly they don't exactly publish a changelog of faults with new firmwares, you have to read TPI (Technical Product Information) document to piece together the possible changes.

So you may or may not need a new firmware, but sometimes it's a good idea to update along with the maps so you can know you should have less errors.

Maps can be found by inputting VIN here, https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/ and we also have links in the forum that you can optional use VW maps (newer generally and you can use happily on the unit as they share technology)

p.s. If you hold down your Menu button, you enter the section where you can update your firmware, and read what Software Train is installed.

If you are curious about the existence of an update, then this is the image you will need to supply.

Edited by varooom

@varooom

Thanks so much for your reply and advice, much appreciated. At present, everything else seems good (famous last words!) so perhaps I'll just look to update the maps via the link you recommend. 

Again, thanks for your time and thoughts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArchStanton said:

@varooom

Thanks so much for your reply and advice, much appreciated. At present, everything else seems good (famous last words!) so perhaps I'll just look to update the maps via the link you recommend. 

Again, thanks for your time and thoughts.

Now @pab567 has sent you the file, you at least have it on hand if you do decide to update FW

• Like 1