Sportline front passenger seat - how flat does it fold backwards?

Currently debating buying a Superb (splashing out, maybe a 2018 2.0L 220BHP Sportline), vs an Octavia (sensible option, 2018, 1.0L 110BHP).

The Superb Sportline would be my dream option.....versus being sensible and saving about £4-6k and going with the Octavia.

I've got a 2012 Octavia already, and occasionally transport long lengths of timber, runs to the tip, etc.

I remove the rear seats, move the Octavia fronts passenger seat all the way forward, remove the head rest, and fold backwards as far as it goes.  it's not exactly level with the boot, but it's not too far off.

I've had a couple of dozen lengths of 2400mm timber in the Octavia, for example, with no issue.

Just wondering, how well the Sportline Superb would handle this, with it's fixed, non-removable headrest?  Anyone done this?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Don't suppose anyone might be able to answer this?

I did just come across a YouTube review mentioning the Sportline seats don't fold flat in the forwards direction, which doesn't surprise me, but just wondering about how far back they fold.

I've also now read that you can't remove the rear seat bases on the Superb Mk III - on my Octavia, I can remove the rear seats in about 30 seconds, and then I've got a completely flat surface from the boot right up to until the front seats.

I guess with the rear seat bases not being removeable, and the front seat possibly not folding back far enough, the Superb would not be as good at carrying long loads as the Octavia.

Cheers

Thanks both.  And thanks for offering to take a photo Newbie - I'd really love to see one, but only if it's not too much trouble.

I've got to say, it might influence my decision.  I really want a Superb, but at the same time, it's also just a car and has to be able to do what I need it to.

Have you considered getting a Superb but not the Sportline version so that you could remove the headrests and then lower the seat backwards on the occasions you want to get extra long pieces of timber in ?

Just now, DB72 said:

Have you considered getting a Superb but not the Sportline version so that you could remove the headrests and then lower the seat backwards on the occasions you want to get extra long pieces of timber in ?

I know......this would make some sense...but....

I specifically like the Sportline :)  i.e. if I'm getting a Superb, it's going to be a Sportline.   

I'm basically flipping every 5 minutes, between spending more money, and having a more luxury better looking Superb Sportline hatchback, and being sensible, and getting a much cheaper, more plain looking average Octavia estate again.

E.g. this....

a62e10e1003741849aab7035ed9a6c4e.jpg

or this:

b3d7c9b8f6794ec9baf57d65a621effe.jpg

:D I'm basically torn between my complete tight arse nature on one side, and my desire to have a nice looking car.....

I guess it's basically the difference between say a £14k Octavia, and I'm looking about £22k on the Superb.  Quite a difference.

2 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

No comparison visually between the two, Superb hatch in Sportline is a real looker  :angel:

You can forget about flat folding though, here is the promised pic:

\

You only live once...

Oh, brilliant, thanks so much - that's really good to see.  

Those internal LED's look nice.

You're right, you only live once.......

4 minutes ago, gsf600y said:

:D I'm basically torn between my complete tight arse nature on one side, and my desire to have a nice looking car.....

I guess it's basically the difference between say a £14k Octavia, and I'm looking about £22k on the Superb.  Quite a difference.

Oh, brilliant, thanks so much - that's really good to see.  

Those internal LED's look nice.

You're right, you only live once.......

It's a great place to be in really, especially at night. I get the argument of the cheaper car but is it only about covering the transportation needs or about something that also makes you feel good simply by looking at it and knowing you're owning it....

Covering miles in the Superb is also a much more enjoyable experience than in the Octavia.

Some extra interior pics to help you in your decision :)

956696307_collaz4.thumb.jpg.1499676180c34c120532999b5b4d6ea7.jpg

783964721_collaz1.thumb.jpg.ea0bb15c6ffab9f84f307b8bb7ccd4f8.jpg
Assuming you can safely afford it of-course, I find the 

7 hours ago, gsf600y said:

I know......this would make some sense...but....

I specifically like the Sportline :)  i.e. if I'm getting a Superb, it's going to be a Sportline.   

I'm basically flipping every 5 minutes, between spending more money, and having a more luxury better looking Superb Sportline hatchback, and being sensible, and getting a much cheaper, more plain looking average Octavia estate again.

E.g. this....

a62e10e1003741849aab7035ed9a6c4e.jpg

or this:

b3d7c9b8f6794ec9baf57d65a621effe.jpg

No brainer. How often do you need to carry long pieces of timber anyway? If not frequent, just live with a superb and deal with the timber in other ways lol.