Delivery times?

2 hours ago, richard12345 said:

Sept 21  snap other than I ordered the hatch with a few options
My lease company is zenith [who have not helped], the garage is Aldershot who just say 'Sorry I don't know anything else' and Skoda UK say contact the dealer aargh

I feel your pain buddy, it’s so frustrating isn’t it. 

Not sure if this is the address you’ve used already but I contacted Skoda customer services and basically went off on one about the complete lack of reliable information.

Since then they’ve been able to tell me the build date, and I’ve stayed on their case weekly up to the point I’m at now where apparently the car is on its way.

I’ve tried to post their E mail address in this post and it’s blanking it out so let me know if you want me to PM it to you? 

Edited by Dillers
  • Like 1

I really shouldn't type on my phone :)
If you can send a Skoda customer service email that responds it would be great

I have messaged skodacustomer services at skoda co uk - but so far have just been passed around and back to the dealer

Well I have given up and my company has offered an alternative solution.

One of my colleague who is mainly office based has switched to all electric and their PHEV became available so today I collected a '22 plate Volvo V60 Re-Charge.

Despite ordering the Skoda (vRS iV Estate (no options)) 20 months ago there is still no confirmed build date and only an ETA of January 2024. The order will be kept 'live' we have some people still to change into PHEV's, so it will be interesting to see how long it actually take.

First impressions of the Volvo are very good. Solidly built, looks great both inside and out and the 340hp addictive.

Good luck to everyone still 'patiently' waiting.

10 minutes ago, Sparkystodd said:

I finally received my VRS hybrid on Friday 16th June. Amazing car and really happy with it. 

Ordered in Septermber 2021 with various build dates getting knocked back. Was given a build date of August 23 before it moved forward to actually getting built in May 23.  Things are moving, I'm glad I waited as got a fantastic car for a great price in today's economy.

20230616_155234.jpg

20230616_155310.jpg

20230616_195103.jpg

Aww jealous,looks the spit of what I ordered in February 2022

3 minutes ago, Leaine said:

Aww jealous,looks the spit of what I ordered in February 2022

Keep waiting, it'll be worth it in the end, I came so close to ordering something else but wouldn't have been as happy if I had

Hi Guys,

I got my VRS hatch petrol 1 month ago, and I would like to summarize my experience. The car is fantastic, well worth the long wait. It's fun to drive, much more quiet than the previous Octavia, and the materials are better.

BUT

There was small scratches on the back spoiler, the rubber around the window was not properly in place and the plastic engine coverage is missing. The dealer said that they will replaced later. It's a company car, but it's still annoying, that you pay a huge amount of money for a new car, and you are facing with these things.

And today I wanted to cool my water in the glove compartment, but there is no cooling, just a hole. I attach a picture. I didn't find anything in the manual about it, but as I know there should be cooling in that compartment. Am I wrong? I would appreciate it, if someone could check it for me. Thank you in advance!

image.thumb.png.5c705be3bed660470f6bb901ede1df2b.png

Sparkystodd thats a stunning machine. I have a 2.0 tsi dsg estate in Velvet Red with the build week 22 and projected delivery for late July/ early  Aug on order. Can’t wait. 👍

On 22/06/2023 at 21:23, Sparkystodd said:

I finally received my VRS hybrid on Friday 16th June. Amazing car and really happy with it. 

Ordered in Septermber 2021 with various build dates getting knocked back. Was given a build date of August 23 before it moved forward to actually getting built in May 23.  Things are moving, I'm glad I waited as got a fantastic car for a great price in today's economy.

20230616_155234.jpg

20230616_155310.jpg

20230616_195103.jpg

Stunning

• Like 1

On 23/06/2023 at 18:15, tdaniel said:

Am I wrong? I would appreciate it, if someone could check it for me.

No, you're not wrong. There should be a circular knob covering that hole from your picture - rotating it would open or close the cold air flow inside the glove-compartment.
My car has it - built end of August 2022.

You should definitely go talk to your dealer. By the looks of it, your picture shows the pipe bringing the cool air is also missing...

image.webp

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Extonred said:

Sparkystodd thats a stunning machine. I have a 2.0 tsi dsg estate in Velvet Red with the build week 22 and projected delivery for late July/ early  Aug on order. Can’t wait. 👍

Thankyou! I saw a hatchback in velvet red last week and although never been into red car, the velvet red with the contrasting black sections looked amazing actually. 

Things are certainly started getting built more from what I've seen on the forum these past couple of months. Enjoy the car once it arrives

• Like 2

Hi everybody

I thought I would add my Skoda experience to the mix.

My company car was ordered through a lease agent the 1st week in August 2021. Initial delivery date was December 21, then May 22, then November 22, then January 23, then April 23. Car is a Octavia VRS hatchback with no add on's. Had to change colour early 2022 at Skoda's request so I went with the new Phoenix orange. As of the week still no build slot and we are coming up to 2 years since initial order. 

5 minutes ago, Woolhead said:

Hi everybody

My company car was ordered through a lease agent the 1st week in August 2021. Initial delivery date was December 21, then May 22, then November 22, then January 23, then April 23. Car is a Octavia VRS hatchback with no add on's. Had to change colour early 2022 at Skoda's request so I went with the new Phoenix orange. As of the week still no build slot and we are coming up to 2 years since initial order. 

Snap other than I was Sept 2021
I'd be interested to know if you have the same lease company sourcing the car [Zenith]

18 minutes ago, Woolhead said:

Hi everybody

Is this a hybrid model?

2 hours ago, Woolhead said:

Hi everybody

Same boat here. Ordered september 2021 ... just had another response from dealer today saying production halted for octavia iv models in December 2022 and as yet have no set date to resume. Was offered an enyaq fully electric for an extra 1500 deposit and 560 a month which is 250 quid a month more than the octavia vrs I ordered. No thanks. I'm too stubborn now to cancel as 1600 quid deposit and 310 a month is too good a deal and they will be desperate for me to cancel I'd imagine. Just going to need to keep waiting it out 

• Like 2

On 26/06/2023 at 12:23, Felix2021 said:

@tdaniel actually AFAIK they have removed glovebox cooling in MY24, so all cars made after August 2023. One of the changes for new model year.

But i guess you could still add it on your own if you need it. Parts are very cheap (valve and pipe).

they also removed it from MY2023 - or from some of them - I had this included in the standard pack for the style variant but there is no cooling vent present in the glove-box. A friend of mine that got his Octavia in January, (also MY 2023, but built in 2022) has it, so there you are... 😞 

12 hours ago, OftiK said:

they also removed it from MY2023 - or from some of them - I had this included in the standard pack for the style variant but there is no cooling vent present in the glove-box. A friend of mine that got his Octavia in January, (also MY 2023, but built in 2022) has it, so there you are... 😞 

I was also under the impression my style variant would have it, but it doesn't. MY23 built September 2022, delivered to Aus November 22. I bought it in January 23.