Delivery times?

Just had an update

still unconfirmed build week, but apparently due to be built Week Beginning 18th September with delivery end of October

Can't believe Skoda still can't give me a confirmed build week....

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, toot said:

Who confirmed it then and which Skoda can not give a confirmed build date.  UK or CZ or a dealership?

Car ordered with VWFS on business lease

Dates being sent by UK based dealer - if it arrives then it'll be 25 months from ordering to delivery!

Edited by Simon667
  • Thanks 1

On 01/09/2023 at 11:15, Simon667 said:

Car ordered with VWFS on business lease

Dates being sent by UK based dealer - if it arrives then it'll be 25 months from ordering to delivery!

Skoda today have just confirmed my build week - 18th September - Delivery end of October

can't believe it

• 2 weeks later...

An update on my original order.

vRS iV estate (no options), ordered November '21 on a company lease. Still no confirmed build date, ETA early January '24.

Thankfully a Volvo V60 Recharge became available in our 'fleet' a few months back which I took the option on.

Our company has kept the Octavia on order.

1 hour ago, P100HP said:

An update on my original order.

vRS iV estate (no options), ordered November '21 on a company lease. Still no confirmed build date, ETA early January '24.

Thankfully a Volvo V60 Recharge became available in our 'fleet' a few months back which I took the option on.

Our company has kept the Octavia on order.

How are you finding the Volvo?

I wanted one of those rather than my VRS but my company took it off of the car list. 

On 16/09/2023 at 09:18, Dillers said:

How are you finding the Volvo?

I wanted one of those rather than my VRS but my company took it off of the car list. 

In short, it's amazing. Best all-rounder that I have driven.

It's well built, comfortable, practical and more than quick enough (340hp).

Full charge gets around 50 miles worth of range on top of the 60ltr fuel tank.

Only downside is that it's a pre-facelift so doesn't have the Google based operating system and charging is pretty slow at only 3.6kw per hour.

Other than that, it's perfect!

6 hours ago, P100HP said:

In short, it's amazing. Best all-rounder that I have driven.

It's well built, comfortable, practical and more than quick enough (340hp).

Full charge gets around 50 miles worth of range on top of the 60ltr fuel tank.

Only downside is that it's a pre-facelift so doesn't have the Google based operating system and charging is pretty slow at only 3.6kw per hour.

Other than that, it's perfect!

Well let’s hope you don’t get your Octavia anytime soon then eh😄

Whats the gearbox like on the Volvo? I’d read some reviews that said it was a bit slow to drop down at times when you need to make a quick getaway? 

2 hours ago, Dillers said:

Well let’s hope you don’t get your Octavia anytime soon then eh😄

Whats the gearbox like on the Volvo? I’d read some reviews that said it was a bit slow to drop down at times when you need to make a quick getaway? 

Hopefully I can get to keep the Volvo until the end of its lease and the Octavia will be passed onto another colleague.

The gearbox can be a bit slow to respond at times, especially when you are in hybrid mode. With a bit of forward planning by switching to performance mode it's not an issue.

• Like 1

I got an update from my dealer last week. My SEL IV Estate is now built and in transit to UK. Should be ready to pickup mid-October

total waiting time: 18 months. Original dealer estimate was 10-12 months

really shocking to see some much older orders only just getting fulfilled!

4 hours ago, Stonekeeper said:

With lead times being that long, i would expect the car will actually be slightly different in spec than what was ordered when it arrives.

So long as i get my rear wiper 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Garreth1 said:

Hey,

Car ordered at 22.06.2023 and picked up at 31.08.2023. Dealer couldn't believe the dates when he first heard about them. 2.0l 200KM 4x4 DSG in Style variant, very packed. 

This really does not help any of us that have been waiting close to 2 years 😫 

16 minutes ago, Leaine said:

This really does not help any of us that have been waiting close to 2 years 😫 

I'm sure it won't help anybody who is already waiting. But maybe while making a decision on what drivetrain to pick, choosing my configuration will speed things up.  I think high powered TDI is easier to get and demand for TSI was way higher than expected. It seems that nothing from the accessories blocked the production.

However when I was ordering I was expecting year+ of waiting. Since I didn't pay anything for the order I was sure that I'll make an order for new Superb in the meantime after it comes out, and buy whatever will be first produced. 

2 hours ago, Garreth1 said:

Hey,

Car ordered at 22.06.2023 and picked up at 31.08.2023. Dealer couldn't believe the dates when he first heard about them. 2.0l 200KM 4x4 DSG in Style variant, very packed. 

It could be interesting to check the letter in position 10 of the vin number

10 minutes ago, Stonekeeper said:

It could be interesting to check the letter in position 10 of the vin number

It's R (2024 I believe). Position 11 is Y, which I found to be Mladá Boleslav

• Thanks 1

On 15/09/2023 at 10:38, undercoversaint said:

Quick update on mine, VRS IV Hatch, silver, no extras, UK. Ordered end Sept 2022, original delivery date of 29th Dec 2023 (yeah right). Just been revised to 29th Feb 24, still no build date. Company lease.

Let's hope doesn't slip to next 29th February (which is 2028) !

On 19/09/2023 at 10:31, whereismyorder said:

My Jan 2022 order, Octavia Estate iV SEL....  ITS BUILT!!!!!!  And awaiting shippin to the UK,  all now looking very positive for an October delivery. 😀

Just a mere 21 months from order to delivery.

Here we are 10 days later...   Still at port of exist, awaiting shipping to the UK 🤨

Mine was built w/c 7th or 14th Aug (can't quite remember now), and delivered 27th Sept, which was about a  week longer than I was hoping for. Basic spec iV estate ordered Nov 2021.

Are people still getting £100 Amazon vouchers for the delay? Are these just for people purchasing out-right, or have other leases received a gift? There was nothing in mine.

So far very happy with the car. Drives much smoother and quicker than the civic I had previously. Only annoyance so far is that it re-sets to 'e-mode' every jounrey, where as I will almost always want it to be in hybrid mode as I won't often have a chance to charge it (hence choosing a hybrid not ev). I understand it is policy for the mode to reset every time, due to the previous emissions scandle.

38 minutes ago, ThatKid said:

Mine was built w/c 7th or 14th Aug (can't quite remember now), and delivered 27th Sept, which was about a  week longer than I was hoping for. Basic spec iV estate ordered Nov 2021.

Are people still getting £100 Amazon vouchers for the delay? Are these just for people purchasing out-right, or have other leases received a gift? There was nothing in mine.

So far very happy with the car. Drives much smoother and quicker than the civic I had previously. Only annoyance so far is that it re-sets to 'e-mode' every jounrey, where as I will almost always want it to be in hybrid mode as I won't often have a chance to charge it (hence choosing a hybrid not ev). I understand it is policy for the mode to reset every time, due to the previous emissions scandle.

Not heard about the Amazon voucher? Who told you about this? Need much more than an Amazon voucher for the trouble it's caused me!