Delivery times?

So My VRS was ordered in the first week of Jan and they are saying it may be end of May. start of June before it's delivered. Has anyone else been given this kind of delivery timescale? The car I've ordered has a fair few options on it.

I Ordered the VRS iV Estate on the 24th of December, was originally told the build week was the last week of March however that got brought all the way forward to the 8th of February. Got an email this morning to say its built and already at the Port in Europe ready for shipping so things can change with delivery times/build weeks etc  :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenfold said:

I Ordered the VRS iV Estate on the 24th of December, was originally told the build week was the last week of March however that got brought all the way forward to the 8th of February. Got an email this morning to say its built and already at the Port in Europe ready for shipping so things can change with delivery times/build weeks etc  :thumbup:

Hopefully mine is bumped up as well. Knowing my luck it probably won't be lol.

Ordered 18th Dec, quoted 16 weeks and current status is awaiting f confirmed build week from the factory (so it’s probably still at least 8 weeks from delivery). I’ve seen people with TDi and Hybrids coming and going so wonder if they are being fast tracked to meet CO2 targets? (My order was TSi DSG with just the camera as an option).

I order my VRS end of November.  It was built first week of feb and is currently in Emden.  Has been released for shipping but is not yet on a boat so I’m hoping it will be on its way soon.  

Dealer seems to think there are issues transporting cars internally in the UK from the Port but Skoda UK have told me that here are no issues.     So no idea who to believe. 

7 hours ago, Paf said:

I order my VRS end of November.  It was built first week of feb and is currently in Emden.  Has been released for shipping but is not yet on a boat so I’m hoping it will be on its way soon.  

Dealer seems to think there are issues transporting cars internally in the UK from the Port but Skoda UK have told me that here are no issues.     So no idea who to believe. 

Well as a rule of thumb I generally never believe a word the dealers say to me :D:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ordered a vRS earlier this week (manual, only extra was DCC) and dealer suggested end of May or beginning of June. I guess there are a number of variables that affect manufacturing and delivery...hoping that everything can happen as quick as possible, but also expecting a long wait! 

I posted this reply in a previous thread, but it's relevant here as well. 

I was quoted 20-24 weeks when I enquired recently. As that would have taken me well over the end of my lease (and thus requiring MOT, and going out of warranty) we went for a stock car with the spec we wanted - any metallic blue (we've got Race Blue again) and the winter pack.

There's a handy (if a bit clunky) website where you can search the cars that are in Skoda stock, usually at the European port. https://drive.vwfs.co.uk/our-brands . This is UK only - I don't know if other countries have something similar. Although it's aimed at PCH customers, I guess the cars there are available for retail as well.

I also ordered a VRS Hatch (Petrol DSG) at the end of Nov, was delivered to the dealers last week, just over 11 weeks from placing the order to delivery. 
Elected to pick it up early March

On 19/02/2021 at 08:24, Paf said:

Mines now onboard EMS Highway which should dock in a Grimsby later today.   Hoping it flys through the port and on to the dealer quickly.   Fingers crossed for collection next couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, Paf said:

Mines now onboard EMS Highway which should dock in a Grimsby later today.   Hoping it flys through the port and on to the dealer quickly.   Fingers crossed for collection next couple of weeks. 

Exciting times. 
When did you order yours? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paf said:

End of November.  Was due to be built January but slipped due to lockdown delays.  Was built first week of February. 

Good news. 
I ordered my VRS end of January and was told late April early May, so your timeline tracks very similar to that. Encouraging for me, but not counting chickens, it will be here when it gets here. 
Hope you get behind the wheel soon. 👍🏼

• Like 1

Hopefully the production slow downs are a thing of the past.  It’s worked out for me as I get March reg plate and also paid a bit more off my previous finance so might have a bit more equity to cover the deposit.  

I also now consider myself an expert in car shipping  Vessels and timings between Germany and Grimsby :rofl:.  Hope yours is quicker. 

Ordered Dec 18th and still waiting for a build date so not expecting it for at least 8 weeks so end April now (although I was quoted 16 weeks on order so guess it's slipped). I am noticing that Diesel orders seem to be getting build quicker so may be target based...

58 minutes ago, DuncanW said:

Ordered Dec 18th and still waiting for a build date so not expecting it for at least 8 weeks so end April now (although I was quoted 16 weeks on order so guess it's slipped). I am noticing that Diesel orders seem to be getting build quicker so may be target based...

I ordered 4x4 diesel, but who knows how these things pan out. 
I did get an email from the dealer earlier this week updating me on the fact that they didn’t have an update. 🤣 

but to be fair it’s good customer service and was totally unprompted. 
so still waiting for a build week but not expecting anything for a good few weeks yet. 
I remember waiting for my Mk3 and I tortured myself the whole time, which had impact on the waiting time. 🤔 so I’m feeling a bit more relaxed and philosophical this time round. 😎 

Mines now on a transport order but dealer still can’t give me any indication of how long it will be before it’s there.  Won’t or can’t chase it it up.  

Have been disappointed so far with the communications from them.  

1 hour ago, Paf said:

Mines now on a transport order but dealer still can’t give me any indication of how long it will be before it’s there.  Won’t or can’t chase it it up.  

Have been disappointed so far with the communications from them.  

It’s always surprising how different peoples experiences with dealers is. 
Although I would say, it can also depend upon the individuals you speak to too. 
just focus on the extra payments on your current car, the extra equity you’ll be creating and leave the rest to the car delivery gods. 🙌🏼🙌🏼🏼

• Like 1

I ordered a vRS Estate 245 DSG with DCC on Feb 13th and was told by the dealer that Skoda were advising a wait of 20-25 weeks which put it sometime in August.

I had a call from the dealer on Saturday to say my order had been assigned a provisional build date of the middle of April so I could be getting it around the end of May. Quite a difference, the sales person even said it was frustrating for them as a lot of people are put off by the long wait times they advise, that aren't actually necessary

49 minutes ago, Shelvock said:

I ordered a vRS Estate 245 DSG with DCC on Feb 13th and was told by the dealer that Skoda were advising a wait of 20-25 weeks which put it sometime in August.

I had a call from the dealer on Saturday to say my order had been assigned a provisional build date of the middle of April so I could be getting it around the end of May. Quite a difference, the sales person even said it was frustrating for them as a lot of people are put off by the long wait times they advise, that aren't actually necessary

That’s quite encouraging then for my order placed 29th January. Thanks for your update. 👍🏼 Much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Update today. Being quoted delivery for 3rd week in April (after initially being given a heart attack with a build week of 1st NOVEMBER!!) Fingers crossed it doesn’t slip - getting properly excited now. 

I ordered a VRS IV with a full set of toys mid January. Was told it could be May / June for delivery. However, message this week to say they are building nexr week! :-)

• Haha 1