Delivery times?

2 minutes ago, peshetoman said:

Given that our MHEV 1.5 DSG was order back in April and there is no delivery date even planned... do the math : )

Jesus... Do you have any information about the car? Like production plan/date, etc...

I keep saying to myself, maybe i'm one of the lucky ones, the 1%, that got their cars in 2 months. :D

5 minutes ago, peshetoman said:

Given that our MHEV 1.5 DSG was order back in April and there is no delivery date even planned... do the math : )

Yip same problems with me have been giving 4delivery dates and Now a 5 date date of beginning of January and that males it 31 weeks.no definite date could be earlier or later.nissan are going into a moth shut down to install new plant because of no chips for there cars either.so everyone are in the same boat.

Reading this I'm genuinely thinking of backing out. Due to long waiting times I was told that I can get the deposit back. I' very close to going to a Mazda dealership and to pick up a Mazda 3 sedan. It's not as practical but I doubt that the waiting times are so long.

3 hours ago, buzcro said:

Reading this I'm genuinely thinking of backing out. Due to long waiting times I was told that I can get the deposit back. I' very close to going to a Mazda dealership and to pick up a Mazda 3 sedan. It's not as practical but I doubt that the waiting times are so long.

What delivery times are they giving you?whst I read and here just about all car manufacturers are in the same boat.that is why am sticking to my order instead of cancelling it .then going to the back of the waiting list trying to buy another make of car.yes they may tell you so many weeks but you will have heard of all the tales about honest car salesmen.cannot believe a word what they tell you comes to mind.good luck

1 minute ago, Joss1733 said:

What delivery times are they giving you?whst I read and here just about all car manufacturers are in the same boat.that is why am sticking to my order instead of cancelling it .then going to the back of the waiting list trying to buy another make of car.yes they may tell you so many weeks but you will have heard of all the tales about honest car salesmen.cannot believe a word what they tell you comes to mind.good luck

I've just got of thje phone with my local Mazda dealer. The guy said february-march delivery at the earliest but admitted that he can't vouch for that and that the situation changes every day. I guess I'll stick with my order as well then. :D

1 minute ago, Joss1733 said:

I've just got of thje phone with my local Mazda dealer. The guy said february-march delivery at the earliest but admitted that he can't vouch for that and that the situation changes every day. I guess I'll stick with my order as well then. :D

On 27/09/2021 at 17:07, Wonderloaf said:

In my previous company we used Zenith and they had a portal. You should get updates from them and the dealer as your order moves on. I did anyway for the three cars I had through them.

3 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

Indeed - go to a website similar to Briskoda but for whatever make you are looking at and see what the wait times are like. 
There’s a reason why dealers are buying back nearly new cars for big markups to sell to customers!

Friend of mine as telling me the Vw mini SUV his wife has - their local dealer wanted to buy it from them at the end of their lease for £7k more than the balloon payment they are able to pay to keep the car!!

Hi all,

Just to add some info to the topic...

I live in Greece and I have placed and order on 31st of July for an Octavia Combi 1.5 Mhev Style with Sunroof.
The initial info from the salesperson was that I will wait for approx 4 Months until delivered. I also got build week for week 40. 

After a new communication a few days ago, I have been informed that the build week now has moved for week 48.

In addition they have told me that the minimum waiting time will be around 6 Months.

Lets see what will happen,

Our octavia estate style with edition package(available in Bulgaria as it seems matrix lights and front back parking sensors) was ordered mid april. Car was build week 24(per plan) but is lacking components to be finished. Dealer told me that they usually take extra 8 weeks to finish it, but that as it seems is no longer valid. Our contract was for 120 working days(ending this friday) i will wait and ask for some compensations for the delay and the missed pleasant travel to Greece(had to use our old car Kalos hatchback)  2 kids 🤣🤣 

Hi everyone,

Been following this thread for a while but had nothing to add (I've had no updates since placing my order) so thought I should let you kind people know my story this far. Ordered the 1.5 MHEV Estate in the second week of February. My current car was due back at the end of August but work in the Automotive industry so I was aware there would be long lead times for new orders. 

The lease company gave me an expected delivery date of September 1st when the order was placed, while following this thread I fully expected this to be missed. Received no updates from the lease company until midway through September when they informed me that I might have the car within a few weeks, again not holding my breath.

Received a notification today that my car will be delivered this Thursday, 5 weeks after initially told but 34 weeks (8 months) after placing the Factory order. 

As some of you have already said, other manufacturers are in the same situation and cancelling an ongoing order might not get you very far unless you can pick up something from stock (which is very low). Hope this helps and might give hope to some of you who have been waiting since the start of the year for your new car.

21 hours ago, LGreg said:

Received a notification today that my car will be delivered this Thursday, 5 weeks after initially told but 34 weeks (8 months) after placing the Factory order. 

8 months is a long time waiting. We'll see how the orders go. Supposed to get mine on january. Ordered end of October.

Hello everyone,

Just to put my input out here, i've ordered an Octavia vRS sedan 2.0 TDI DSG in February and was supposed to get it in late May, early June. The car supposedly got built in July but since then its still sitting at the factory parking lot waiting for the missing "chips".

Last time i contacted my dealer was in the beginning of September and the info was, that they dont know the delivery date anymore (they were sure it was going to arrive in late August). I guess the car will be at least 1 year old when i get it xD.

Will try to follow up on more info next week but i guess it will be the same answer as before. 

Cheers!

I must say I have been issued a update every Friday.itvwas going great until around 6 weeks before delivery.then it was like confetti updates putting date back,back,back.back,back.Just hope I will get in January.i think they should of at least kept you updated unless they are frightened in case youncancel order.i thought about that but all car manufacturers are having the same problems.so no poitn in cancelling my order and look for another car.then I will be at the back of thereblist.

5 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

I must say I have been issued a update every Friday.itvwas going great until around 6 weeks before delivery.then it was like confetti updates putting date back,back,back.back,back.Just hope I will get in January.i think they should of at least kept you updated unless they are frightened in case youncancel order.i thought about that but all car manufacturers are having the same problems.so no poitn in cancelling my order and look for another car.then I will be at the back of thereblist.

They really don't care if you cancel at this point because they will sell it to someone else in 5 minutes. The absolute worst time to buy a new car.

I was told my vRS iV Estate was down for a week 34 build, which was mid August. Spoke to the dealer today and he said there's at least a 10 week delay on build dates, so maybe mid December? I can't see it being here before January unfortunately. Be a nice Christmas present if it does turn up though.

He did tell me he was quoted 52 weeks plus by Skoda on a 2.0 TDi someone wanted to order.

Edited by MickyD44

He said the main reason for the hit to production was the large number of unfinished vehicles waiting for chips.

“We, therefore, are first concentrating on finishing these vehicles so that we can get them to customers at the soonest,” Mr Kotera said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/manufacturing/vw-s-skoda-may-halt-production-due-to-chip-shortage-1.4693865

Edited by zetzet
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, buzcro said:

Just got an e-mail and a call from Škoda. Basically they regret to inform me that the car will probably be late, no specifics.

When did you place the order?

A month ago. She told me that she is sending that to all buyers. My fathers boss is waiting for a Kodiaq, they initially told her february, but they have since informed her that they don't know when the car will come but that it won't be february.

• Like 1

Here is a development with VW in Australia that would help all of you guys if it were rolled out to all of the VAG group around the world:

https://www.drive.com.au/news/new-way-for-car-buyers-to-track-delayed-vehicle-arrivals/

"The rollout of technology that will enable new-car buyers in Australia to track delayed vehicles from the factory gate to the showroom floor has been praised by the Australian Automotive Dealers Association as a win for consumers.

Volkswagen Australia is this week poised to introduce a new online search function that will help customers in the queue know the exact production and shipping status of their vehicle.

Until now, customers had to rely on updates from sales staff at the dealership, which can quickly become out of date......"

• Like 1