Delivery times?

I've had a response from the leasing company dealing with my car. 

It states that the orders for many cars have been heavily postponed due to a

"global shortage of semiconductor microchips which is currently causing issues in production for all the brands that we deal with" 

Looks like a long wait..... 

Just spoke with Skoda UK for an update on mine.

Ordered mid-July, so not too long ago compared to other but status noted as parked which was described to me as in a queue to be accepted by the factory! 

Two months and the order hasn’t been accepted…? Could it be that the factory are no longer accepting the more recent orders until thing improve… whenever that may be?!!

8F8210B6-7C7D-4FCE-8CF9-1D928B8CE89B.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Lee_P said:

Two months and the order hasn’t been accepted…? Could it be that the factory are no longer accepting the more recent orders until thing improve… whenever that may be?!!

I'm guessing, but I think they are accepting orders, but only putting the ones they have parts for in the actual queue. So if you order something that's not currently available it's going to sit there. That's why so many people don't have a date anymore.

3 hours ago, jonny boy said:

Probably explains why I've hardly seen any new Octavias on the road..... 🙄

Yes a very good point,I keep looking to see a new skoda on the road but no sign of one.the only one I have seen is a police car all white with the blues going.rare has hens teeth comes to mind.

13 minutes ago, skodilac1991 said:

we are probably due for atleast 6+ months of wait time.. My contract says 9 months so might be even closer to that timeframe. Such a ****show 😞

I have order 26th of Feb, manufactured on 20th of July, parked now waiting for missing parts, so I guess you are right ;)

16 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

Just wondering about waiting lists in different countries. Are they all the same? Or are different countries getting quicker delivery times.

It seems to be faster here. I waited 4 weeks for mine in May.

But here there are limited options and you order one of the ones that have been ordered by Skoda Australia.

This is the current stock situation for Octavias:
https://stock-cars.skoda-auto.com/959/en-AU/?step=filters&ModelFamily=NX_2021

There are 213 available across Australia.

62 are in my state (New South Wales).

50 are wagons (Ambition, Style, Limited Edition, RS)

10 are RS wagons.

1 is identical to mine (RS wagon, Moon White, Premium pack, no sun roof).

So I guess I could order one of those tomorrow and get delivery in the next week.

The only way you can get one quickly (next day) is to order one from stock, and there seems to be plenty of them. I don't imagine

they will be giving much discount on them either with the current situation.

So glad I got mine when I did in January.