Delivery times?

2 minutes ago, koolgoose said:

Just had notification that my car is built, and now on the way to the port before coming over to the U.K., expected to be delivered in January.

The details you’ll all want:

Ordered through Leaseplan, placed with Listers in Coventry

Octavia SEL 1.4 PHEV/iV

Brilliant silver, otherwise no extras

Order placed with Leaseplan in June, but accepted by Skoda in early July. Was quoted 20 weeks lead time, will come out around 25 depending on final delivery date!

Good luck to you all!

Pleased for you you have not waited to long after first delivery date.

Spoke with the dealer today, RS TSI canton dcc camera virtual pedal ordered late october. 2 weeks ago the dealer said the car should be built just before Christmas or just after New Year’s. Today he said the car is supposed to be built week 49, which i find amusing considering the ongoing week is 49… He said he expects with all the delays the car to be built late january..

11 hours ago, Zhivkov00 said:

Spoke with the dealer today, RS TSI canton dcc camera virtual pedal ordered late october. 2 weeks ago the dealer said the car should be built just before Christmas or just after New Year’s. Today he said the car is supposed to be built week 49, which i find amusing considering the ongoing week is 49… He said he expects with all the delays the car to be built late january..

October 2020? Because in october 2021 no one was able to order canton anymore.

47 minutes ago, zetzet said:

October 2020? Because in october 2021 no one was able to order canton anymore.

October 2021. Here in Bulgaria it was still an option in the configurator at the time of ordering. Soon after it disappeared. Dealer said nothing about removing it at a later date.

34 minutes ago, Zhivkov00 said:

October 2021. Here in Bulgaria it was still an option in the configurator at the time of ordering. Soon after it disappeared. Dealer said nothing about removing it at a later date.

If you get your car in 3 months you'll be setting the record anyway. A lot of people are waiting for a half a year or more.

Yesterday I got an update about no update whatsoever for my early March order. The car is still sitting somewhere unfinished for months on end. Definitely not coming this year. 

On the flip side, noone reaches out asking to remove features. 

2 hours ago, Mati said:

Yesterday I got an update about no update whatsoever for my early March order. The car is still sitting somewhere unfinished for months on end. Definitely not coming this year. 

On the flip side, noone reaches out asking to remove features. 

Same here... Spoke to dealer today, still no news. 9 months and counting.... 😂

It is amazing the difference between manufacturers. I ordered on 28th October and my dad ordered a Kuga PHEV two weeks before. Both of us used Arnold Clark dealers. I was quoted a random date April as they need something on the system (Skoda) and my dad was given an exact date in March (Ford).

The garage phoned my dad yesterday to say the factory has accepted the order and have confirmed the delivery date as what he was quoted.  From the experiences in here it just sounds like Skoda are closing their eyes and pulling random orders out of a hat. 

50 minutes ago, GregB11x said:

Same here... Spoke to dealer today, still no news. 9 months and counting.... 😂

I ordered the same car 7 months ago and have had 8 change of delivery dates this included 3 different dates last week for delivery.

40 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

It is amazing the difference between manufacturers. I ordered on 28th October and my dad ordered a Kuga PHEV two weeks before. Both of us used Arnold Clark dealers. I was quoted a random date April as they need something on the system (Skoda) and my dad was given an exact date in March (Ford).

Škoda makes far more Octavias and the demand is way higher so it kinda makes sense that it's harder for them to recover from the slump in manufacturing.

Hello from Athens . My story for an Octavia 1.5L dsg style edition + leather seats , head up and rear camera , (I believe its what you call SEL) is as follows :

-    Order and small prepayment 10th of September 21 in a skoda dealer in Athens. It is a buy not lease .

-    Confirmed order by Skoda sometime in early October ( I dont remember exact date )  given production week 45

-    mid November production week went to 49.

-    week 49 which ended today and I received message from dealer that the car was produced and going to port to be shipped .

Estimated delivery  during  January. 

I believe them since they gave me the VIN number of the car and I checked  it.  VIN numbers are given as soon as a car is produced.

Reading many posts in this topic  I consider myself very lucky .

Please dont be jealous yet , since shipping and paperwork in Greece may take more than 2 months.

I hope the best delivery times possible to all of you . 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

On 07/12/2021 at 21:49, andyvrs230 said:

Hi all, just an update on this topic... Ordered a 1. 4 TSI iV vRS dsg estate in metallic race blue with winter pack, electric tail gate, virtual pedal, dynamic indicators. Through a lease company ordered 28th June just been confirmed at Port and delivery due to dealer by 31st Dec.. So I make that 6 months and 1 week.  Had 4 push backs on the delivery date from originally being told 1st Sept delivery. Have received Registration and finance documents. I really hope for all of you still waiting that your vehicles arrive here soon. 

Another update now at dealer in the UK being prepped. 2 1/2 weeks earlier than expected.. So I think delays are definitely starting to improve. 

3 hours ago, Ralliskara said:

Hello from Athens . My story for an Octavia 1.5L dsg style edition + leather seats , head up and rear camera , (I believe its what you call SEL) is as follows :

-    Order and small prepayment 10th of September 21 in a skoda dealer in Athens. It is a buy not lease .

-    Confirmed order by Skoda sometime in early October ( I dont remember exact date )  given production week 45

-    mid November production week went to 49.

-    week 49 which ended today and I received message from dealer that the car was produced and going to port to be shipped .

Estimated delivery  during  January. 

I believe them since they gave me the VIN number of the car and I checked  it.  VIN numbers are given as soon as a car is produced.

Reading many posts in this topic  I consider myself very lucky .

Please dont be jealous yet , since shipping and paperwork in Greece may take more than 2 months.

I hope the best delivery times possible to all of you . 

Hello Ralliskara,

This is Great news !!!

However I cannot understand how each order is processed. I am also from Athens ordered 31 July an Octavia 1.5 Combi style DSG and after 2 build dates now no build date. 

So even if our orders are somehow similar and my order is before yours there is a whole different situation.

What can I say... 

RS 2.0 TDI DSG, orederd mid April. 3 weeks ago the deailer told me they put the car in the 51st week of production. Before that I had the 36th week scheduled, after that the 47th. Two months ago, production was scheduled for 2022

The supplier told me that those weeks in the system meant nothing to them, that they were unreliable and that they were only sure when they saw that the vehicle had left the factory

Edited by Bomber987

7 hours ago, NicktheGreek said:

Hello Ralliskara,

This is Great news !!!

However I cannot understand how each order is processed. I am also from Athens ordered 31 July an Octavia 1.5 Combi style DSG and after 2 build dates now no build date. 

So even if our orders are somehow similar and my order is before yours there is a whole different situation.

What can I say... 

Hello Nick , 

I understand your concerns for the mess in production dates . I dont really know what happens . I have a theory of my own which is the following.

Due to semiconductors supply problem they produced a lot of cars  without them , waiting to finish them as they come . These cars are not considered 

Produced . Now that these large parking lots are full , they are finishing and shipping the cars that are produced , since they dont have spaces anymore  and leaving older orders behind. Of course this is not fair at all , but it lowers costs for skoda. 

I would be very happy if I could drive my car on February  as the dealer told me when I ordered . Now it seemsI will get it a little earlier !!!

I ordered it through Sotiropoulos , where did you ordered yours ?

I hope you get your car the soonest.

9 hours ago, Tellster said:

VRS Estate 2.0 TSI DSG Winter Pack  Graphite Grey ordered middle of May confirmed for Build Week 9 by dealer this week

I ordered my vrs tdi 4x4 estate in middle of May.up to now 8 different delivery dates.last week I got 3 different build and delivery dates.surly skoda must know when cars are going to get built and delivered but alas donot pass the information over to us mere mortals.

4 hours ago, Ralliskara said:

Hello Nick , 

I understand your concerns for the mess in production dates . I dont really know what happens . I have a theory of my own which is the following.

Due to semiconductors supply problem they produced a lot of cars  without them , waiting to finish them as they come . These cars are not considered 

Produced . Now that these large parking lots are full , they are finishing and shipping the cars that are produced , since they dont have spaces anymore  and leaving older orders behind. Of course this is not fair at all , but it lowers costs for skoda. 

I would be very happy if I could drive my car on February  as the dealer told me when I ordered . Now it seemsI will get it a little earlier !!!

I ordered it through Sotiropoulos , where did you ordered yours ?

I hope you get your car the soonest.

Hello Ralliskara,

Your theory may be true. However according to the info I have my car is not yet built and thus waiting in a parking lot. So the fact is that I have ordered 1.5 months earlier than you and still no production date while at the same time your car is already produced and in its way for delivery. Please don't misunderstand me. I feel happy that you will get your car soon, as you supposed to. I am just curious to understand the mechanics behind the whole situation. "Not that it matters but I have to be occupied with something until I get my car as well" :) 

Ordered from Koilakos !

19 minutes ago, NicktheGreek said:

Hello Ralliskara,

Your theory may be true. However according to the info I have my car is not yet built and thus waiting in a parking lot. So the fact is that I have ordered 1.5 months earlier than you and still no production date while at the same time your car is already produced and in its way for delivery. Please don't misunderstand me. I feel happy that you will get your car soon, as you supposed to. I am just curious to understand the mechanics behind the whole situation. "Not that it matters but I have to be occupied with something until I get my car as well" :) 

Ordered from Koilakos !

From my understanding of what i’ve read on this thread, Skoda are currently focusing on building the new orders (the ones that are not “awaiting for parts”) because when the magnesium runs out they still have cars to finish. Simultaneously they produce cars in batches e.g. week/month X cars for the UK market will be produced, month Y for the Greek market, etc. because of the logistics for delivery. Let’s say they produce 5 cars for the UK, 5 for Greece, 2 for Bulgaria. Delivery requires for example 25 cars per batch. It makes sense to produce cars in batches for certain markets. These are the reasons I think for certain people getting their cars before others, who ordered before them.

Anything read in this thread was not Posted by Skoda CZ and needs taken with a pinch of salt.  So does Media Publications / links to articles from journalists unless it is showing a Press Release from Skoda or VW.     All cars for the UK will be right hand drive as will be for Ireland but the Specs / models are different.  Then the UK ones are paid for in GBP and the Irish in Euro.   

Edited by roottoot

1 minute ago, roottoot said:

Anything read in this thread was not Posted by Skoda CZ and needs taken with a pinch of salt.  So does Media Publications / links to articles from journalists unless it is showing a Press Release from Skoda or VW. 

Of course, what’s why I said this is just my speculation and understanding. Although I doubt Skoda are going to publicly admit the things I pointed out…