Delivery times?

2 hours ago, zetzet said:

From what I find it's around 9l/100km, that's not so 

If you can find the information! But the reviews from motoring magazines and websites all say you're going to be lucky to see 30 mpg, more often than not low 20s. Absolutely awful. 

I talked to my dealer this morning regarding the recent fire and whether it would lead to further delays of my order. His response was that no official information has been received from the factory, but he did notice the delivery time for new orders being increased from 10-11 months to 13 months. So a qualified guess would be that current orders could also be deployed with 2-3 months. 

Just now, skoduta said:

I talked to my dealer this morning regarding the recent fire and whether it would lead to further delays of my order. His response was that no official information has been received from the factory, but he did notice the delivery time for new orders being increased from 10-11 months to 13 months. So a qualified guess would be that current orders could also be deployed with 2-3 months. 

I made a typo. Obviously it should have said that current orders could also be delayed with 2-3 months.

4 hours ago, skoduta said:

Same here. Dealer assumed that my car was already in production, so factory might have the parts already. But yeah, no official information, but that does not mean its not affecting production.

Does anyone know what did this factory specifically produce? Some door panel stuff, but what exactly?

19 minutes ago, timster said:

Same here. Dealer assumed that my car was already in production, so factory might have the parts already. But yeah, no official information, but that does not mean its not affecting production.

Does anyone know what did this factory specifically produce? Some door panel stuff, but what exactly?

Reported elsewhere (but not officially confirmed), it is the fabric covered trim panels that cover the inside of the doors.  I am guessing the shaped panels (made of thick card / hardboard) where the interior handles, window switches and door bins fit onto.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

If you can find the information! But the reviews from motoring magazines and websites all say you're going to be lucky to see 30 mpg, more often than not low 20s. Absolutely awful. 

About on par with the 2L vRS then - my average for the past 3 months is now sitting at a whopping 28.3mpg

just had a update about my car ordered 20 may 21.it is built but there is going to be a slight delay due to micro chips, due for delivery 04/03/22 been told it will be only a slight delay and expect news very shortly.i dont mind because i did not want it till the 22 plates come out.just hope slight delay means a slight delay.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

just had a update about my car ordered 20 may 21.it is built but there is going to be a slight delay due to micro chips, due for delivery 04/03/22 been told it will be only a slight delay and expect news very shortly.i dont mind because i did not want it till the 22 plates come out.just hope slight delay means a slight delay.

What does "22 plates" mean and why is this worth the wait? I'm curious.

7 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Strange I manage to get anywhere between 30 - 35 mpg on my 8 mile trip to and from work and it's about 50% suburban and 50% rural A roads. That's a MY19 245 RS with DSG. 

10 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

It's the new registration period. So it appears 6 months younger than it actually is. 

surly that goes for all new cars,that get reg 1st of that month,would you like a car to be reg on 28 feb or the 1st of march?

1 hour ago, GiantKiwi said:

About on par with the 2L vRS then - my average for the past 3 months is now sitting at a whopping 28.3mpg

Mine is on 8.7l/100km average, but it's brand new, not even run in yet. You have to either be hammering it or sitting in traffic quite a bit. 

Let me tell you a story. I ordered my car in August (hatchback). My cooworker ordered a similar one more than 2 months later in October (wagon). He is getting the car next week. I have 0 information. Dealer doesn't have a clue why this is happening and he can't do nothing. He said it is not about extras or type (hatch/wagon), because he gets also new hatchbacks with all kind of extras. He quickly added that it doesn't make sense to cancel now, because mine has a good price. Lightbulb went up. They are producing later orders, because people are paying more money and I guess they need as much money they can get in this situation. Fu*k Skoda, it is a fu*king shi*ty company. They are worse than some Zimbabwe family business.

14 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

surly that goes for all new cars,that get reg 1st of that month,would you like a car to be reg on 28 feb or the 1st of march?

I take it that you aren't from the UK. In the UK the registration system changes twice a year, because the whinging car dealerships complained about the previous system where it changed once a year and put them under too much pressure from buyers who wanted the new registration (previously letter or) number for that year. 

Now by splitting it, it evens the load out. 

Edited by TheWanderer

11 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Let me tell you a story. I ordered my car in August (hatchback). My cooworker ordered a similar one more than 2 months later in October (wagon). He is getting the car next week. I have 0 information. Dealer doesn't have a clue why this is happening and he can't do nothing. He said it is not about extras or type (hatch/wagon), because he gets also new hatchbacks with all kind of extras. He quickly added that it doesn't make sense to cancel now, because mine has a good price. Lightbulb went up. They are producing later orders, because people are paying more money and I guess they need as much money they can get in this situation. Fu*k Skoda, it is a fu*king shi*ty company. They are worse than some Zimbabwe family business.

Do you have the same powertrain? How much does your options differ? Do you have Canton, parking assist or rear view camera? DId he get them?

13 minutes ago, timster said:

Do you have the same powertrain? How much does your options differ? Do you have Canton, parking assist or rear view camera? DId he get them?

What is powertrain? Motor? If yes, we both ordered 2.0 Diesel 150hp. And we both ordered DSG. We didn't order Canton or park assist. We did order a rear view camera.

2 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

What is powertrain? Motor? If yes, we both ordered 2.0 Diesel 150hp. And we both ordered DSG. We didn't order Canton or park assist. We did order a rear view camera.

That sure is odd. I've also seen lots of cars ordered before summer being "lost". 

Not sure what is going on since some have waited for 10months while some 6-8months. Did your dealer tell you what state the car is in, or does it not have any state?

3 minutes ago, timster said:

That sure is odd. I've also seen lots of cars ordered before summer being "lost". 

Not sure what is going on since some have waited for 10months while some 6-8months. Did your dealer tell you what state the car is in, or does it not have any state?

It does not have a state, last state was waiting for production. Maybe it is in a state of quantum superposition. Skoda 🤮

1 minute ago, zetzet said:

Okay that's definitely rough.

I don’t know what you guys are expecting out of this sort of cars (GTI,vRS,i30N,etc). Around here city driving in traffic with a petrol car with 200hp+ ( brand new vRS in my case) , cons. Is 10.5-12.5l/100km. Granted if you don’t sit in traffic that much or do stop and go, and primarily use openish/main roads, then yes that is high. In that case my car averages around 8.5-9.5. Granted its still brand new so i expect it to go down a bit, but overall diesels are for fuel economy. Of course there are exceptions in both cases (e.g 2016 GLE  350d which i have driven for around 4 months daily averaged me around 13.5 city…)

8 minutes ago, Zhivkov00 said:

I don’t know what you guys are expecting out of this sort of cars (GTI,vRS,i30N,etc). Around here city driving in traffic with a petrol car with 200hp+ ( brand new vRS in my case) , cons. Is 10.5-12.5l/100km. Granted if you don’t sit in traffic that much or do stop and go, and primarily use openish/main roads, then yes that is high. In that case my car averages around 8.5-9.5. Granted its still brand new so i expect it to go down a bit, but overall diesels are for fuel economy. Of course there are exceptions in both cases (e.g 2016 GLE  350d which i have driven for around 4 months daily averaged me around 13.5 city…)

That's exactly what I would expect. 8 on a highway, 10 in the city. 12 seems like a traffic jam situation.

3 hours ago, zetzet said:

Mine is on 8.7l/100km average, but it's brand new, not even run in yet. You have to either be hammering it or sitting in traffic quite a bit. 

Eco mode, mostly 65-70mph, very little change in speeds, doing about 45-50 miles a day, I spend maybe 10-20 minutes a week in traffic (time my commute to specifically avoid rush hour). I did 250 mile round trip a few weekends ago and even that was an average of 34mpg for the day under the same kinds of conditions.

On 09/02/2022 at 10:57, Hawk89 said:

Completely agree, for the money the Octavia VRS is one of the best cars under £40k. As an all rounder nothing comes close. In the UK ...... when the on the road price (discounts aren't included) hits the £40k it becomes very expensive. 

....It was very much Head vs Heart

This was exactly it for me. Nothing else comes close financially, allied to a pure driving experience.  I was prepared to wait for it ‘ad infinitum’. Good outcomes are largely reliant on whether you did your homework and polished your crystal ball. That and some honest expectation management on all fronts. 

• Like 1