Delivery times?

2 minutes ago, zorglub said:

Just hope I ll not get a car after july, because that mean  the car should be equiped with the mandatory speed warning alert. I really gona hate it

It’s a horrible thing … I just avoided it! 

15 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Let me tell you a story. I ordered my car in August (hatchback). My cooworker ordered a similar one more than 2 months later in October (wagon). He is getting the car next week. I have 0 information. Dealer doesn't have a clue why this is happening and he can't do nothing. He said it is not about extras or type (hatch/wagon), because he gets also new hatchbacks with all kind of extras. He quickly added that it doesn't make sense to cancel now, because mine has a good price. Lightbulb went up. They are producing later orders, because people are paying more money and I guess they need as much money they can get in this situation. Fu*k Skoda, it is a fu*king shi*ty company. They are worse than some Zimbabwe family business.

I also ordered in August (Slovenia). Octavia 1.5 etsi dsg (estate/caravan). No info at all. 

i asked my seller if he has any information about the fire. He responded that they were informed from the importer about the fire, but Skoda still didn’t say anything about delays. 
He also said that the cars will keep on being build to a certain stage and later (when the fabric parts arrive that were destroyed in a fire) be finished. 

We’ll see. 

5 minutes ago, Rookie97 said:

I also ordered in August (Slovenia). Octavia 1.5 etsi dsg (estate/caravan). No info at all. 

i asked my seller if he has any information about the fire. He responded that they were informed from the importer about the fire, but Skoda still didn’t say anything about delays. 
He also said that the cars will keep on being build to a certain stage and later (when the fabric parts arrive that were destroyed in a fire) be finished. 

We’ll see. 

Did you order park camera?

As I already posted in this thread, I ordered my vRS with all the options (apart from leather seats) in the end of september and got it delivered this week. When I asked my dealer whats up, he said I just got very lucky, and queue for cars is a mess, they (dealers) dont know all the info. And actually when they got my car delivered, they were as surprised as myself.

1 hour ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Did you order park camera?

No park camera.

Octavia Ambition, with traveller pack (adaptive cruise control, digital cockpit, sign recognition), rear mirror autodim, Columbus radio, heated steering wheel.

I just hope i get it till July. 😄

41 minutes ago, Rookie97 said:

No park camera.

Octavia Ambition, with traveller pack (adaptive cruise control, digital cockpit, sign recognition), rear mirror autodim, Columbus radio, heated steering wheel.

I just hope i get it till July. 😄

My coworker gets his in less than 4 months. It is Style + everything you ordered + some additional extras like side assist... :)

1 hour ago, TomTom88 said:

As I already posted in this thread, I ordered my vRS with all the options (apart from leather seats) in the end of september and got it delivered this week. When I asked my dealer whats up, he said I just got very lucky, and queue for cars is a mess, they (dealers) dont know all the info. And actually when they got my car delivered, they were as surprised as myself.

Many people get lucky that ordered after August. Strange, everything ordered August or sooner is for some reason unlucky. This is incompetence on another level. It is borderline retarded.

• Like 3
  • Groan 1

Yeah i think something went wrong with all the orders still pending first and second quarter 2021. They got lost track of it or hard to retrieve to get finish them. As for me i do not know if it has been built and parked. Maybe it is 'nobody' knows.

Edited by Omniking

Has anyone cancelled? I was verbally advised that delivery would likely be November or December 2021 when I placed the order and paid my deposit at the end of July. We're into February and there's been no information at all about my order. I don't know where I stand in claiming the £500 deposit back.

12 minutes ago, KBizzle said:

Has anyone cancelled? I was verbally advised that delivery would likely be November or December 2021 when I placed the order and paid my deposit at the end of July. We're into February and there's been no information at all about my order. I don't know where I stand in claiming the £500 deposit back.

People cancel all the time. But it makes no sense to cancel now, unless you can get a different car and you need it now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zetzet said:

People cancel all the time. But it makes no sense to cancel now, unless you can get a different car and you need it now. 

Yeah, agreed. We've found a nearly new Audi that's available immediately. It's more expensive but I have a feeling we'll end up waiting over a year for this vRS and I'm not convinced our current car will hold out that long.

Do you know if the people cancelling are able to get their deposits refunded?

Edited by KBizzle
Tidying up sentence.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, KBizzle said:

Yeah, agreed. We've found a nearly new Audi that's available immediately. It's more expensive but I have a feeling we'll end up waiting over a year for this vRS and I'm not convinced our current car will hold out that long.

Cancellation policies vary by dealer, you need to read the relevant clause in the small print of your order.

Having said that, it sounds like most are happy to mutually agree a cancellation (probably because prices have gone up, discounts gone down), so dealer can usually sell it to someone else for a higher profit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

Cancellation policies vary by dealer, you need to read the relevant clause in the small print of your order.

Having said that, it sounds like most are happy to mutually agree a cancellation (probably because prices have gone up, discounts gone down), so dealer can usually sell it to someone else for a higher profit.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. They can't sell what they don't have. Someone who orders now, will have to wait 1+ year. So will the seller, to get the money. Keep also in mind, that people know now about insane wait times at Skoda. Especially Octavia. I know I wouldn't order a Skoda today.

28 minutes ago, KBizzle said:

Just go to the dealer and demand the deposit back, because they can't provide ETA for the car. I think you will get it, at least you should.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KBizzle said:

I'm about to. I can't wait any longer. They told me 25 week of 2022 but they're not 100% sure about that. I ordered the car 14th of September. My baby is due in 2 months, we have an old 3 door Peugeot 206. My local Mazda dealer has a Mazda 3 sedan coming in by end of the month, the price is the same, it has more equipment. It's just less practical than the Octavia but I think we'll manage with just one kid. If I have another I'll change the car, hopefully the chip situation will be sorted by then. The dealer said that they give the deposit back, and it's just 1000 kuna, or ~ £120. On the contract it says they're not giving it back so we'll see when I call them.

Edited by buzcro
  • Like 2

On 12/02/2022 at 09:43, zorglub said:

Just hope I ll not get a car after july, because that mean  the car should be equiped with the mandatory speed warning alert. I really gona hate it

That's not how it works. Only new models coming out after that date will need it. Octavia counts as an old model so it won't need to have the system.

• Like 4

So I went ahead and cancelled my order. I'll give a little update below.

For context I ordered a vRS back in July 2021. It transitioned to "accepted and on order with the factory" in August and has not changed in the six months since then.

I called the dealer earlier today (Skoda York, UK) and had a chat. He confirmed many of the things that have been discussed on this forum:

• The dealer receives no useful information from Skoda regarding the status of an order, especially before a build date has been provided
  • Orders are fulfilled in a seemingly arbitrary way; he had an order for an Enyaq in November that has already been delivered, but many customers who ordered the same car earlier in the year have received no information at all
  • Octavia vRS's seem to be more affected than other models

He said that the status of my order hasn't moved from "zero-zero" since August, which essentially means the dealer has no information from the factory.

He was happy to refund my deposit (£500) because of the amount of time I've been waiting with no information. He was very apologetic about the situation, but I explained that I'd been watching these forums and knew that the dealers weren't to blame.

Good luck to everyone waiting on cars, but this is the end of my Skoda journey for now.

• Like 4

sorry you had to cancel your order,yet you only ordered your car in july and everyone knew there was a worldwide shortage of micro chips.i ordered mine in may 21 and it looks like i will get my car 18/03/22 so your waiting time has not been long.the micro chip shortage is improving and more cars are getting produced and improving all of the time.you say your dealer has no idea on anything about your car.i would of thought they could of contacted skoda uk to find out at what stage your car was in.in any case good luck in finding a car you want.

Edited by Joss1733
missing words

Hi all,

i spent my Friday evening researching the news on fire and what does it mean now for the delivery. I came across this forum and spent quite some time to get through the 77 pages 😀

Anyway, my two cents in this matter: ordered 2.0d dsg style + some safety package which included blind spot signal beginning of August 2021 here in Slovenia. Checked a few times last year with the dealer, delivery was constantly been moved for a few weeks - first February, then March, end of April and todays info is week 20. Status unknown. 
I was contacted by the dealer in December if  I would be willing to cancel the safety package, but left it as it was as there was no guarantee the car would actually arrive sooner. 
So here I am, one more person to nag about the waiting 😊

So basically the dealers have no info, they advise to wait. And the rear view cameras are now gone (didn’t order, just the info I got today).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

sorry you had to cancel your order,yet you only ordered your car in july and everyone knew there was a worldwide shortage of micro chips.i ordered mine in may 21 and it looks like i will get my car 18/03/22 so your waiting time has not been long.the micro chip shortage is improving and more cars are getting produced and improving all of the time.you say your dealer has no idea on anything about your car.i would of thought they could of contacted skoda uk to find out at what stage your car was in.in any case good luck in finding a car you want.

It's not the waiting time that's the issue, it's the lack of information. At least you received a bunch of build weeks that kept slipping; my order didn't even get that in 7 months. Literally no sign of progress.

The dealer assured me that they've been chasing all the outstanding orders throughout. Mine never moved from status "zero-zero", which means there simply was no information that Skoda could provide to the dealership.

The dealers don't want a huge backlog of waiting customers; it does nothing for their cashflow.

• Like 1

A salesperson who ordered my car has actually quit his job at Skoda dealer. Ain't good to sell the cars if there's nothing to sell. He's a nice guy, I hope he finds a better place with some cars to actually sell.

Edited by AndreyZh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KBizzle said:

The dealers don't want a huge backlog of waiting customers; it does nothing for their cashflow

Sure, the backlog is not helping their cashflow; however, a cancelled order is great news for their profit...

You canceling at the dealer's doesn't mean the order is cancelled at the factory. With an unknown delay the car will arrive at the dealer, who will be able to sell it immediately with the prices we now see on the CarConfigurator. However, the price he will pay to the Factory will be the one contracted last summer (when you placed the order) - hence a net profit of several kEuro.
Not saying you shouldn't have canceled; I completely understand your personal reasons. It's one of those cases when you shouldn't wait, but make a decision.
And as I said before: not having any info from the dealer, is far worse than knowing you will be delayed for N months.

• Like 2