Delivery times?

On 20/12/2022 at 23:09, kasparsc said:

In July, I reserved a car pre-ordered by the dealer on 09/21.  Originally promised delivery on 10/22, but dealer still says no production week given.

I see on this forum that others are being notified of a new delivery time, but my car dealer can't give it. He said that the car had already been produced, but was waiting for some missing parts.

The question is whether the dealer is telling the truth... if he can't even give me a production week, how long could I have to wait?  Another 3-6 months?

Car: Elegance 1.5tsi mhev with matrix lights, acc, heated windshield...

You can tell if it has been produced as it will have a VIN number, if the dealer can’t give you this, then not built yet.

However if awaiting parts timescale is guesswork.

On 18/12/2022 at 21:55, Novascape said:

I'd have a car by now if my company were not forcing me to have a hybrid or elec. A diesel would be cheaper now to run as well 

So your company has a policy of place an order for something that might not be delivered until 2023 or 2024, ummm.  🥴

7 hours ago, BRSEngineer said:

SEL PHEV ordered feb 22. My dealer phoned today to wish me a merry Christmas and tell me my car has been accepted by the factory but no build date. No change from last update. I hope everyone else is doing better than I on the car stakes. 

Same for me. vRS iV ordered in 11 february and accepted by factory. Hopefully we have our cars this time next year 😂 probably the last skoda i buy. have driven skoda since 2002. Almost a year with no information whatsoever. 

The latest delivery estimates for Octavia suggest new Orders will be February 2024 (14 months)

https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html

English : Probably from February 2024

The following components are affected by the delivery bottlenecks due to the semiconductor issue: PKB 360° Surrounding Camera Area View 9VS CANTON Sound System.

Edited by SurreyJohn
Added translation

On 14/09/2022 at 08:38, thommo41 said:

My order was placed in late March 2022 - VRS 2l petrol DSG estate with DCC and camera.

The order was for a car that was already ordered back in October 2021, I am lead to believe, so I was jumping the queue. The promised delivery of "September 2022 or sooner" is not happening. I have been given a build week now though - Week 40 or 3rd October this year. I will see. Mixed emotions as I turned down a car in late 2021 as I was nervous about buying a car I've never driven - ironically that would almost certainly have been with me by now, instead I waited around 5 months, paid more money, and still ordered one without a drive first. You live and learn... Eek!

Like many, I am frustrated with the wait and have a current car to sell on, but I'm grateful it's mine to sell once the loan is repaid so I can technically wait. Doesn't help that I've had to service MOT and put tyres on it in the mean time but it's no longer worth me pulling out, as I will still want and need a new car. Hugely disappointed to hear about facelift models coming, I would say though that this is so rare on UK roads as far as I can tell, I'm hopeful it won't matter too much. Plus unless waiting times decrease a lot, it'll be another year before they hit the roads I hope. Still - bitter taste in my mouth having heard rumours about it being out next year.

Anyone got a decent few photos of a blue estate vrs to keep me positive in the mean time /cdn-cgi/mirage/9421966a6c82d3ca0f4bfaf17e7e97fd6f710c811276c446111be108611ee2ad/1440/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/emoticons/emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Cheers all.

Well I got the USB power bank in the post as an apology and thank you for patience, as somebody else posted earlier this month. Dealer gone largely quiet and when I chased them they were apologetic and I feel for them to be honest not being able to give anybody good news, but I’m still annoyed. Was told November collection, then early December, now January earliest. I guess it’ll be whenever it will be, but the question now is do I even wait. I’ll be another year closer to the dreaded EOL of petrol engines by the time my all petrol vrs arrives. I’m gonna see if I hear anything in January but if not I may have to do the dealer a favour and pull out. And then no doubt regret it immensely. 

thommo41

I ordered my Race Blue vRS petrol estate manual on 30th March 2022. Original delivery date was April 2023. My dealer in Cardiff informed me the build week was 48 and the car is currently on the way to the docks in Germany.

Hoping it'll be at the dealer for mid January.

My advice is to keep waiting. It'll be here soon...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, quantumowner said:

thommo41

I ordered my Race Blue vRS petrol estate manual on 30th March 2022. Original delivery date was April 2023. My dealer in Cardiff informed me the build week was 48 and the car is currently on the way to the docks in Germany.

Hoping it'll be at the dealer for mid January.

My advice is to keep waiting. It'll be here soon...

My Superb L&K was prodduced in week 48, apparently at the dock in Germany awaiting shipping as well. We will see how much it will take to get here... If not ready for collection by end of January, will probably wait for 23 plate. What is your plan?

You know what, with my luck, the last day before the cars are all facelift models, mine will arrive. And it’ll be registered the week before the next new plate 🤦🏻‍♂️ I have to get the Octavia 1.5 serviced in feb too, gutted, that’ll cost me a fair chunk only to trade it in shortly after all being well. Grrr. 

12 hours ago, thommo41 said:

You know what, with my luck, the last day before the cars are all facelift models, mine will arrive. And it’ll be registered the week before the next new plate 🤦🏻‍♂️ I have to get the Octavia 1.5 serviced in feb too, gutted, that’ll cost me a fair chunk only to trade it in shortly after all being well. Grrr. 

Same here. Doing the 60000 km service next month for 900€ 😂 hopefully this is my last service on this car bit who knows….

2 hours ago, sedanlue said:

Same here. Doing the 60000 km service next month for 900€ 😂 hopefully this is my last service on this car bit who knows….

That's a lot. Here in Australia that 60000km service costs $AUD 996 which is only 632€.

Sorry if I missed a note on this in previous replies... My VRS order is specified with a parking / reversing camera, and dymanic chassis. I notice the brochure for Dec 22 in the UK and the configurator no longer allows the camera. Bonkers that it was never standard to be fair, so many cars put one on now, but to be not even an option? Is this why I am waiting then? Silly question no doubt, but surely Skodas and VW group cars are still running cameras? Does anybody that's taken delivery in the UK recently have a camera, or been told it won't have one?

If your car doesn't come with what you ordered then surely you can reject it as it's not what you have ordered and they have made an alteration without your consent?

I'll be checking mine when it hopefully arrives later this month. 

5 hours ago, thommo41 said:

Sorry if I missed a note on this in previous replies... My VRS order is specified with a parking / reversing camera, and dymanic chassis. I notice the brochure for Dec 22 in the UK and the configurator no longer allows the camera. Bonkers that it was never standard to be fair, so many cars put one on now, but to be not even an option? Is this why I am waiting then? Silly question no doubt, but surely Skodas and VW group cars are still running cameras? Does anybody that's taken delivery in the UK recently have a camera, or been told it won't have one?

I had ordered my octavia with 'Elegance' trim (similar to SEL) on dec 2021, and reverse camera was specified in configurator (within the trim package), but when I received the feature checklist from dealer - reverse camera was 'until week 47/2021', so if I wouldn't spotted it, then no camera for me. But dealer was kind enough to add it as optional feature without extra cost.

Regarding dynamic - also have chosen this package, and it has disappeared from the configurator, noticed it 1-2 months ago, when 'Active' and 'Style' packages (the basic ones) disappeared.

I was also playing with configurator now, and although 'dynamic' was not showing in the list of available packages, there was an option in 'interior' available for dynamic (probably bug). When clicked on it - message was showing 'available until 48/2022'.

20 minutes ago, Boohy said:

I was also playing with configurator now, and although 'dynamic' was not showing in the list of available packages, there was an option in 'interior' available for dynamic (probably bug). When clicked on it - message was showing 'available until 48/2022'.

Just looked at the configurator and DCC option still comes up, in between temp wheel sacer and boot net programme?

Is there anybody here with an unfinished car, waiting for parts?

I have been waiting for completion 2,5 months now, and madly hoped for good news during the holidays, but nothing yet.

I got the VIN since the built week but Skoda Connect doesn’t recognize it, even though I try it every day since. Now I started to lost all the hope. If the end of year / end of 4th quarter results were not enough important for Skoda to complete a car which is waiting for missing parts since mid October then I don’t think it’s going to be ready shortly.

Overall I’m on my 20th month now since the original order (April 2021). My car is one of the oldest now in the spreadsheet.

Probably I’m cursed because of the specs: 1,5 eTSI mild hybrid with DSG + dynamic sport package + business package with all of the driving assists

Edited by Sque4ler
  • Sad 1
  • Crying 1

14 minutes ago, Sque4ler said:

Overall I’m on my 20th month now since the original order (April 2021).

Hell.. Waiting still from April 2021!!!!!!!

How does one get your order info added to the spreadsheet btw?

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, whereismyorder said:

How does one get your order info added to the spreadsheet btw?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17h4myLSMpZ3dohgDJX25mkOhKLbyepEaeEeYcA3AqFY/edit#gid=0

11 hours ago, Sque4ler said:

I got the VIN since the built week but Skoda Connect doesn’t recognize it,

10 hours ago, redbundy said:

I received my VIN last week however, Vin does not work on the APP

the App will identify the VIN once the car will be completed - at least that was the case for me. 

10 hours ago, redbundy said:

Amy idea when I should receive the car?

You have plenty of pages to read on this topic - to get a general picture... It depends on how many options you have on your order - the more electronics you have, the luckier you'll need to be for the car to be completed on the first iteration. There are (and there were) many people around here with cars built, but incomplete...

21 hours ago, thommo41 said:

Ask your dealer, if the spec is being changed they should be notifying you (they get email updates of model changes), but some sales staff are lazy and once they have your deposit, stop being proactive.

I would email your concern, asking them to check and advise, (also ask if there are any other spec changes since your order was placed), then if not got back to you within 2 working days, follow up with a phone call, or if you live close turn up and see them in person.

12 hours ago, redbundy said:

Hi all. my new vrs ordered in Oct 2022. my build date was wk48 22 and I received my VIN last week however, Vin does not work on the APP. Amy idea when I should receive the car?

Which app? Do you mean MySkoda? Thx.