Delivery times?

That's how it is. If you want a car you have to wait. Dealer cant do nothing about the situation. The bad guy here is Škoda as company. 

If you cancel the order they really dont complain. Your car will sell anyway.

I am still waiting almost 16months now and it is just 2.0 TSI RS 

Style, sedan 1.5 eTEC DSG and a lot of extras like electric seat, head up display, dynamic pack etc. Ordered in the beginning of december 2021. Got mail from the dealer and it's going/in production and they are waiting to delivery time. Best estimate is 1-2 moths. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tadejm said:

That's how it is. If you want a car you have to wait. Dealer cant do nothing about the situation. The bad guy here is Škoda as company. 

If you cancel the order they really dont complain. Your car will sell anyway.

I am still waiting almost 16months now and it is just 2.0 TSI RS 

Strange how I ordered my 2.0TSI VRS DSG end of November 2022 and it's due to be built in a couple of weeks, of course, I am assuming the dealer has not typed 5 in error and missed off the 2! 🙃

Manufacturers average fleet co2 emissions.  

The UK has it's own separate from those in the EU.

So VW Group have partners like the Company that own MG, and Geeley to First Register EV's and Hybrids in the UK to keep things so they meet what they need to and not get fined in 2022, and now in 2023;

VW UK need to be able to keep dealerships in Audi, VW, Skoda & SEAT with some new cars, and keep money turning over. 

Just now there is a problem with EV /Hybrid batteries and those vehicles getting first registered for VW and partners is an issue, but they have to register and sell cars.

The EU's issues will be the same, but that is for them to manipulate in the EU. 

https://autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry-news-government-and-legislation/volkswagen-group-facing-eu-fine-missing-2020-co2

Edited by toot

1 minute ago, toot said:

Manufacturers average fleet c02 emissions.  

The UK has it's own separate from those in the EU.

So VW Group have partners like the Company that own MG, and Geeley to First Register EV's and Hybrids in the UK to keep things so they meet what they need to and not get fined in 2022, and now in 2023;

VW UK need to be able to keep dealerships in Audi, VW, Skoda & SEAT with some new cars, and keep money turning over. 

Just now there is a problem with EV /Hybrid batteries and those vehicles getting first registered for VW and partners is an issue, but they have to register and sell cars.

The EU's issues will be the same, but that is for them to manipulate in the EU. 

Mmmmm, i'm more inclined to think certain parts/materials 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is.

Lack of semi conductors, looms, parts, and batteries for EV's.   Hence Audi EV's not getting heat pumps from February.

But VW have to make sure cars come into the UK and get First Registered and the business makes money, but they can not get fined.

They are a huge corporation and maybe hopeless with communications, software, IT and much more, but they are not total nutters. 

• Like 1

On 11/01/2023 at 20:47, redbundy said:

Hi, did your car arrive yet? 

No, might ping the dealer this week for an update. I'm not too concerned about timeline, it will get here when it gets here. 

Let not make this thread only a good news thread :) just got the update from the delaer - new build week is w16 2023 :D I am not even sad anymore, just laughing :D

My lifecycle : Order Sep 2021->first estimate Apr/May 2022 -> estimate update to Oct 2022->  estimate update to Feb 2023 -> estimate update to Apr/May 2023 -> and counting... :D

But let's look at the positives, I will not need to buy winter tires only for a month in this winter season :D

Edited by taspac
  • Groan 1

30 minutes ago, taspac said:

Let not make this thread only a good news thread :) just got the update from the delaer - new build week is w16 2023 :D I am not even sad anymore, just laughing :D

My lifecycle : Order Sep 2021->first estimate Apr/May 2022 -> estimate update to Oct 2022->  estimate update to Feb 2023 -> estimate update to Apr/May 2023 -> and counting... :D

But let's look at the positives, I will not need to buy winter tires only for a month in this winter season :D

Is it confirmed build week or preliminary once again? Seeing quite many posts recently about deliveries who ordered in 2022, I am almost sure that Skoda have no intention to deliver these ancient 2021 orders with significantly lower prices.

4 minutes ago, Codename47 said:

Is it confirmed build week or preliminary once again? Seeing quite many posts recently about deliveries who ordered in 2022, I am almost sure that Skoda have no intention to deliver these ancient 2021 orders with significantly lower prices.

Still preliminary... I start to believe this conspiracy theory, that Skoda delays such orders like mine hoping I will cancel them... because when they compare current production cost and the price I got when I ordered it in 2021, they see that this order is not profitable anymore.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, taspac said:

Still preliminary... I start to believe this conspiracy theory, that Skoda delays such orders like mine hoping I will cancel them... because when they compare current production cost and the price I got when I ordered it in 2021, they see that this order is not profitable anymore.

It's sure seems to be that way, i also ordered in 2021august and i still don't have even preliminary :D  I don't believe that there are such schedule, that we need to wait for the car for about two years.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Semiconductor34 said:

It's sure seems to be that way, i also ordered in 2021august and i still don't have even preliminary :D  I don't believe that there are such schedule, that we need to wait for the car for about two years.

Skoda could make you wait until it has cleared newer more expensive orders, and has spare factory capacity, which might not be anytime in next 24 months.  

Alternatively might just build any remaining orders when they want to close production of the model, so can retool factory for next model, but that brings the risk that get a model about to be superseded.

Sadly I think those with regularly slipping forward build dates are in a keep at back of queue scenario.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

Skoda could make you wait until it has cleared newer more expensive orders, and has spare factory capacity, which might not be anytime in next 24 months.  

Alternatively might just build any remaining orders when they want to close production of the model, so can retool factory for next model, but that brings the risk that get a model about to be superseded.

Sadly I think those with regularly slipping forward build dates are in a keep at back of queue scenario.

It's sure seems to be the case, Škoda doesn't respect their clients nor worried about brand's image so i think their surely execute such policy.

Some information extracted from the union newspaper:

According to the newspaper, they produced 5748 cars on the M13 Line (4276 Octavia and 1472 Enyaq). They expect to keep up that speed in the coming week. 

They still have issues with battery production for PHEV an EV models. They also reduced production for DQ200 Transmissions. Those are used in 1.5 TSI vehicles. 

It seems like the situation is improving currently, but they still have some major issues. Also no word about the unfinished cars they produced since October. 

• Crying 1

The situation doesn't seem to be getting better does it?

New company car, Octavis vRS iV Estate (no options), order November '21.

Now been informed by the lease company that the new ETA is late May.

Still no confirmed build date.

6 hours ago, Von_Awesome said:

Some information extracted from the union newspaper:

According to the newspaper, they produced 5748 cars on the M13 Line (4276 Octavia and 1472 Enyaq). They expect to keep up that speed in the coming week. 

They still have issues with battery production for PHEV an EV models. They also reduced production for DQ200 Transmissions. Those are used in 1.5 TSI vehicles. 

It seems like the situation is improving currently, but they still have some major issues. Also no word about the unfinished cars they produced since October. 

Is the M13 line form card with an electric aspect to them?  Surely there’s hope if this is the case and sale of any further IV Octavias has ceased. 

23 hours ago, Stuart_S said:

Is the M13 line form card with an electric aspect to them?  Surely there’s hope if this is the case and sale of any further IV Octavias has ceased. 

Must proof read my posts!! 

Is the M13 line for cars with an electric aspect to them?  Surely there’s hope if this is the case and sale of any further IV Octavias has ceased