Delivery times?

8 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

With all of the talk is about delivery times to the uk.just wondering what the latest figures released by skoda are .in how many cars have been shipped to the uk month by month this year.are deliveries starting to improve?

No, they are getting worse at the moment. There was talk about things improving by the end of the year, but at the moment it seems that everything stopped completely. Everyone is having their delivery dates pushed, some people don't even get a clear delivery date anymore.

My dealer tells me they have a backlog of 45 ordered vehicles (different models & specs) in limbo. During the last week they got 2 vehicles released, during past three - 7 in total. They have no idea if there is any particular order, as the vehicles are not released to them according to order date but seemingly at random.

The current status of mine is manufactured, has VIN number, waiting for parts, no further dates known. They are not even trying to give any dates anymore, they just don't know.

Ordered week 9 (early March).

What bums me most is that a friend from the office ordered an Audi A4, got build-date, that build-date was respected and the vehicle was delivered perfectly on time. I was under the impression that the delays are everywhere, but somehow VW can do better than this.

1 hour ago, MRI said:

Just been told I will receive my car on the 20th of September 😀 Original delievery should have been in week 31.

What date did you order your car?i have had 3 delivery dates so far  late September,early October now early November off skoda uk.

1 hour ago, Joss1733 said:

What date did you order your car?i have had 3 delivery dates so far  late September,early October now early November off skoda uk.

Ordered week 20 (May) and was told building week 27/28 and delivery week 31 and was also told that car was built before week 31 but missing chip, but now on the way to dealer 😀

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MRI said:

Ordered week 20 (May) and was told building week 27/28 and delivery week 31 and was also told that car was built before week 31 but missing chip, but now on the way to dealer 😀

Lucky you :) Congrats

I ordered my in March and still no build date. What version did you order and what color?

1 hour ago, GregB11x said:

I ordered my in March and still no build date. What version did you order and what color?

Originally a VRS iV in Steel grey but changed to Moon white due to color not being available anymore.

Was told back then that iV's are getting build faster than petrol and diesel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MRI said:

Originally a VRS iV in Steel grey but changed to Moon white due to color not being available anymore.

Was told back then that iV's are getting build faster than petrol and diesel.

Yes lucky you ,the story I got was the all electric cars were taking longer to build due to the semi conductor shortage.they must just pluck a story out of the sky these dealers.

5 hours ago, skodilac1991 said:

the dealer said mine was already been built but gave me no new info about its delivery. Anyone had similar position? What am I to expect?

Expect nothing as you’ll get nothing. Skoda are absolutely useless and I’m done chasing them. They haven’t once given me accurate info. My car was ordered week 1. Still no idea when or even if it’s coming. 

I’m that annoyed with it I’ve started looking for something else and if I find it I’m cancelling the VRS. 

Kind of frustrating for me too.. I ordered it beginning of may. The talk from dealer was that the hybrid version gets built first and that they have "hidden" info of it coming as soon as august. Now its mid sept and they aint even giving me approx date. They have no clue, and they never did. They just sold bull**** to me and gave me a false hope.. 

2 hours ago, skodilac1991 said:

Kind of frustrating for me too.. I ordered it beginning of may. The talk from dealer was that the hybrid version gets built first and that they have "hidden" info of it coming as soon as august. Now its mid sept and they aint even giving me approx date. They have no clue, and they never did. They just sold bull**** to me and gave me a false hope.. 

Guess you'll know which dealer not to trust. I ordered an RS at the beginning of May and my dealer said 5-6 months minimum, now he said it's still unknown 4 months later if that's going to happen. 

Does anyone know what’s an order status of ‘parked’ means? Is this the same status for many of those waiting on factory builds?

Just chase my order up with Skoda UK as all the dealership have fed back is - ‘no updated’…

Skoda Uk indicated parked means awaiting further instruction from factory? What ever that means…

On 09/09/2021 at 16:53, Joss1733 said:

Yes lucky you ,the story I got was the all electric cars were taking longer to build due to the semi conductor shortage.they must just pluck a story out of the sky these dealers.

I've been told by dealers that low emission cars are prioritized. (RS) iV was 3 mo and petrol 5 mo.

Still waiting as well, ordered 17th April 2021. Built week ending 13 August and at stage 20 according to the factory, which I have been told means assembled but waiting for parts. My dealer is getting about 4 cars a month of all types but it does seem random.  I regularly look at the Skoda UK web site and noticed something odd this week. If you use the configurator to build a car it will not give you an OTR price, merely a price for the base car and any extras. This seems ominous to me as it appears they are so uncertain of delivery times for new orders that they are worried about committing to an OTR in case something changes in the UK such as the road fund tax. Tax changes like this usually happen in April at the start of the new financial year and with a rough delivery estimate of nine months I can see where this might be a problem. Not very reassuring if you did want to order now.

On 09/09/2021 at 12:43, GregB11x said:

Same here. I ordered in march, delivery date was at first set to 16 august then 10 september, and now there is simply no date :(

• Like 1

Most of the time we are all complaining about the  late delivery times,just wonder how many get there cars on time or even earlier.what I read on other sites.there is no conformity in what model of cars are getting built quicker than other models.i know someone has said the all electric are getting built quicker than other models .yet other sites are saying pot luck.