Infotainment not saving settings

Hi. I have the Octavia iv plug in. I have used both keys and become the primary driver. Ive had the car 1wk. Ive notice the system does not save any settings. Ie. Home address on sat nav. Comprehensive or Brief on sat nat. Road signs on or off. Sat nat favourites or last destination. Is this a software issue? 

IMG_20210323_190952.jpg

Hi, I have mine for 10 days and experienced some problems with saving preferences in the navigation. However this seems to have been improved now. For now my homeadress is still there, was lost a couple of times first.  I´m not sure what helped me but I went in the settings for "Users" and did a manual syncronization a couple of times after making changes.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue with my Skoda Octavia SE Technology had it a week set all my settings in the Sat Nav come back later all settings lost very frustrating don’t know what to try 🤨

Spoke to my local Skoda dealer, they said that mine may need an update at the dealership. So its booked it. Apparently some updates can take hours. 

• 1 month later...

2021 ŠKODA Octavia Estate 1.4 TSI iV vRS 5dr DSG

(second hand, first registered March 2021) 

My Octavia Estate was delivered to me on 18 May 2020. I am experiencing the same issues regarding the navigation settings preferences not saving favourites, etc. The Skoda deal tells me the most recent software updates would have been installed as part of the pre-delivery check. DAK please when the software update for the preference saving settings etc would have been available? 

tia

Hi

i have literally last week had the most up to date software in stalled (so I was told) at a Skoda dealer but when I asked what issues this had sorted I was told it was to do with the air conditioning so still have the same issues with not saving settings etc.

My car has been at the dealers for about 2 months for diagnostics and awaiting a fix and have been told that a major update scheduled for later this month (w/c 21st) and apparently another five weeks later - supposedly fixes all the problems customers have been experiencing (oh heck! I sound like a customer services agent :D).

I have these issues,  and have had the car into the dealers twice. Second time was for a software update,  software is now 1803. This has made no difference. Tried Skoda customer services who advised "waiting for a factory update, we dont know what the issue is ", as the car is leased i have now contacted VW finance as they actually own the vehicle with the mantra that the issues are sorted in June or the car is replaced / returned. I wait with baited breath!!

• 2 months later...

Got exactly the same thing , “forgets” my home address, then next time you log on it remembers it , but my real problem is that it loses all my favourites , I use these a lot for my job and each time I log on it either forgets some or forgets all , next time you log on it might remember 2 or 3 then next time all gone again ! Just had it in Skoda Dealership last Friday, was informed that they had reloaded the software but used it again today and it’s lost my favourites and my home address, not very happy to be honest as I don’t know what to try next.

Same here on the Octavia IV that I received in september 2021.

Some preferences are stored

• Air conditioning settings
  • Radio favourites
  • Active user

A lot of preferences are not stored

• Driving mode (always returns to 'normal'; this however may be a feature since I read in the manual or somewhere)
  • Headlight (always returns to 'auto'; I prefer always on)
  • Navigation settings (roadsigns, north-up, home, work, favourites, etc)
  • Assist settings (always return to all on)
  • The sceen I left on previous ride (always starts in home)

I went to the dealer. They said they executed an update (no effect visible in system info). They requested: 'See if your problem is solved'. Unfortunatelly it was not solved.

Only hope is that Skoda solves the stuff in next update :-(

1 hour ago, Scubajorgen said:
  • Driving mode (always returns to 'normal'; this however may be a feature since I read in the manual or somewhere)
  • Headlight (always returns to 'auto'; I prefer always on)
  • Assist settings (always return to all on)
  • The sceen I left on previous ride (always starts in home)

All these are working as designed.

• 4 months later...
On 24/03/2021 at 23:15, MikeCT said:

Hi. I have the Octavia iv plug in. I have used both keys and become the primary driver. Ive had the car 1wk. Ive notice the system does not save any settings. Ie. Home address on sat nav. Comprehensive or Brief on sat nat. Road signs on or off. Sat nat favourites or last destination. Is this a software issue? 

IMG_20210323_190952.jpg

Hi, anyone managed to solve this? I have exactly the same problem on a brand new Octavia 1.5TSI (Dec/2021 with Columbus/FW1803). 

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have the same Sat Nav issues and was told today, on the car's first oil service, that no fix is currently available for this problem. However, a Skoda update is imminent and I'll contacted as and when.

Thanks. I'm 'glad' I'm not the only one suffering with this. I sent another e-mail to my service partner today making a bit more of a forceful complaint about this (I don't imagine it will make much difference but at least I have it on record for warranty purposes).