Virtual Pedal Retrofit

7 hours ago, Lutz_91 said:

What are you looking for exactly? The part number for the sensor (encoder cable) is 3V0962239 this line is glued directly in the diffuser.

There are two sensor lines, one uses 7x adhesive-backed little square clips with zip ties to secure it, and according to the diagram (see etka 8.3 illustration above, the part  labelled "22"

5K0 962 283 Retainer for aerial Sensor line for tailgate

It seems to look like some long strip of plastic to hold the second sensor in, as the name also suggests. But the part number is def wrong for that, as you can see from the image of what the dealer provided when I ordered it. I can find that part number on other diagrams showing its true purpouse (mounting bracket to hold a kessy aerial) 

@sashagrace that could be very helpful, especially if the estate has a similar setup to secure the aerial/sensor line. Even netted if you manage to get a photo under your rear bumper to see if there's any plastic strip looking like part 22

Vor 20 Stunden sagte AlVal:

Es gibt zwei Sensorlinien, eine verwendet 7x kleine quadratische Clips mit Kleberücken und Kabelbindern, um sie zu sichern

For me it was the case that one line had the clips and the other line had double-sided 3M adhesive tape. There is no need for a bracket. Both lines are laid parallel to each other and glued.

As in my picture, I ordered the line and installed it. Without additional brackets.

MbRS86.thumb.JPG.0da23d5403cc97f1ab044ddc7e92081b.JPG

57 minutes ago, Lutz_91 said:

For me it was the case that one line had the clips and the other line had double-sided 3M adhesive tape. There is no need for a bracket. Both lines are laid parallel to each other and glued.

As in my picture, I ordered the line and installed it. Without additional brackets.

MbRS86.thumb.JPG.0da23d5403cc97f1ab044ddc7e92081b.JPG

Sure, well if skoda can't figure out the extra support piece, I'll just stick the 2x lines on, but it seems someone went to the trouble of designing the extra retainer, so if it exists, I'll get it! 

@SashaGrace I can't for the life of me find a part number for the bootlid close button that has a double button for auto close. I know it exists, but etka doesn't want to play ball and give out the part number. Going to trawl vw next to see if I can take it from a tiguan or something *edit found it by installing VW etka, it's available as 3G0 959 832A, wonder if the skoda bootlid controller will know how to handle the auto close functionality. Also has a different connector on the back with rounded edges so will need a part number for that connector, as well as to figure out which pins on the bootlid controller the "auto close" button should connect to. I guess I need to dive into the vw current flow diagrams to figure that out... 

Edited by AlVal

Vor 1 Stunde sagte AlVal:

aber es scheint, dass sich jemand die Mühe gemacht hat, den zusätzlichen Halter zu entwerfen. Wenn er existiert, werde ich ihn bekommen

The picture with the number 22 does not belong to the EasyOpen, even if it is shown there. As you found out, the part is unusable. The part is just painted wrong. Take a look at the repair manual, they only say that the lines are glued in. There is no question of a holder. There just isn't any !!! Of course you can search if you want. But it won't lead to anything.

Vor 1 Stunde sagte AlVal:

Ich kann für mein ganzes Leben keine Teilenummer für die Schaltfläche zum Schließen des Bootlids finden

Counter: 4G0959831B

Plug: 8K0973754A

Hi guys, I'm new to Skoda, just picked up my Superb last week, what a car...

I have a 2018 Sportline in estate, with manual boot. Is it possible to retrofit automatic open/close function to it? I'm guessing it's probably possible,  but would it cost a fortune and take ages to fit?

Cheers.

21 hours ago, cr0wsky said:

Hi guys, I'm new to Skoda, just picked up my Superb last week, what a car...

I have a 2018 Sportline in estate, with manual boot. Is it possible to retrofit automatic open/close function to it? I'm guessing it's probably possible,  but would it cost a fortune and take ages to fit?

Cheers.

About £1000 in used parts and 10 hours fit time but it can be done :)

• 2 weeks later...

Silly question, do the sensor lines work through the plastic bumper, or are the wires fully exposed underneath the bumper? I'm expecting to mount them on the inside of the bumper here 

IMG_20210501_180614.jpg

On 19/04/2021 at 21:04, Lutz_91 said:

Counter: 4G0959831B

Plug: 8K0973754A

Well that was a waste of money, not good part numbers - doesn't fit

IMG_20210501_194120.jpg

Just to correct my earlier post about the wiring to KESSY pins, it should be pins 2 and 16 on KESSY. 

Also the holder bracket I bought from skoda to hold the module doesn't work because its designed for a skoda module, and the one in the Chinese kit is from a passat, must be a different shape. 

Vor 19 Stunden sagte AlVal:

passt nicht

So with the Octavia it fits and since the plastic lining is the same on the Superb, it should also fit there. If necessary, adjust the cutout with a file. In your picture, you want to mount the button in the sheet metal, that can't work either.

On 02/05/2021 at 03:07, AlVal said:

Silly question, do the sensor lines work through the plastic bumper, or are the wires fully exposed underneath the bumper? I'm expecting to mount them on the inside of the bumper here 

Inside, on top of the diffuser.

The pic below shows the placement, but of course it's mounted inside.

5b1b9addba3dc_tailgatetigger.thumb.JPG.f6e02f259bd4f96047d6f399954489aa.JPG

Edited by JR RS
  • Thanks 1

The important question, if you unplug the double button, does it still work? And which software versions are you running on 6d, 09, and 05?

2 hours ago, bubib5 said:

The important question, if you unplug the double button, does it still work? And which software versions are you running on 6d, 09, and 05?

I don't have a double button (yet) 

Bootlid module is j hardware flashed with l software and l parameters, but really I think the bootlid module doesn't play a big role in this at all.

05 is CG

05 was the important module for kick to close, there's an adaptation there specific to close, I pmed you the details. 

• 3 months later...

Hello all, any update on this? That's finally work or still on way 'cause I m also interested by the retrofit of the Virtual pedal, 

I guess with Chinese part we need to use VCP to inject the right config file for work better 

On 10/08/2021 at 15:38, Gagaetan10 said:

Hello all, any update on this? That's finally work or still on way 'cause I m also interested by the retrofit of the Virtual pedal, 

I guess with Chinese part we need to use VCP to inject the right config file for work better 

If by progress you mean how to retrofit virtual pedal i was not the one doing it, i only wanted to code kick to close, but still no go on that.. i gave up<>!

• 4 months later...

Quite an old thread to bump but ive got all my setup fitted.

Got the option in the infotainment, module shows up as a slave of kessy as it should.

Found a set of adaptations from a standard superb that had it and updated all the values then ran the output test for a few minutes to enable it.

Still no good, left with the fault code that wont clear "221445 - Sensor for rear lid/hatch opening - No calibration/Basic settings"

Anyone either got their admap of the kessy module or any tips?

Hi and happy new year, 

You have to grab the coding for obtain the basic parameters otherwise you couldn't do a parametrization if you haven't any initial car parameter 

You have to do this by odis and you need to ask someone who have the same option on same véhicule type 

43 minutes ago, Gagaetan10 said:

Hi and happy new year, 

You have to grab the coding for obtain the basic parameters otherwise you couldn't do a parametrization if you haven't any initial car parameter 

You have to do this by odis and you need to ask someone who have the same option on same véhicule type 

Hi there,

I have already got someone elses adaptations and i dont believe these need a dataset at all. Ive uploaded the correct adaptations and still no luck. 

EDIT: Checked and the Kessy module 05/B7 doesnt need paramterization/datasets so its all in the admap and coding.

Edited by ApertureS

Just now, Ivan8192 said:

'67 plate (December) MY2018 Estate

Ive ordered a genuine sensor aerial and im gonna mount that instead of an aliexpress special, then i will try your coding when it turns up and let you know. Thanks!!!! 

• 3 weeks later...