Delivery Delays

55 minutes ago, Bp3 said:

I was build week 34.  I was originally told December delivery.  Annoying thing is the list price has increased since ordering so I think I'm now going to get hit with the extra road tax for the car being over £40k.

that's a sore one, 

it's not a fair tax,  and with prices rising,  it should have been increased to at least  £45k by now or better still scraped

9 hours ago, 310golfr said:

good to hear your dealer has had a re-think and  agreed to hold the car for a few weeks to allow you the new 22 plate

makes sense for good customer service 

Yep, they actually rolled over without any further contact. I suspect they were testing the waters so to speak. They did tell me yesterday the vehicle was awaiting a transporter which could be 1 - 2 weeks, so we are (possibly) into the middle of February anyway, whichever way it goes. 

• Like 1

On 04/02/2022 at 23:03, Bp3 said:

I was build week 34.  I was originally told December delivery.  Annoying thing is the list price has increased since ordering so I think I'm now going to get hit with the extra road tax for the car being over £40k.

That shouldn't happen. You agreed on the price at the point of ordering and that's the price you'll pay. The price increase would only affect someone who orders after the price rise.

On 04/02/2022 at 23:03, Bp3 said:

Edited by boydeee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boydeee said:

That shouldn't happen. You agreed on the price at the point of ordering and that's the price you'll pay. The price increase would only affect someone who orders after the price rise.

I think the tax is based on the list price at the time the car is registered.  List price was roughly £39.5k at the time I ordered but will be over £40k at the time of registration.

Is a sore one as purposely kept the price under £40k

2 hours ago, Bp3 said:

I think the tax is based on the list price at the time the car is registered.  List price was roughly £39.5k at the time I ordered but will be over £40k at the time of registration.

Oh. I didn't know it worked that way! Sorry to hear that

Just phoned the dealer and been given a provisional build week of week 9 , which is the beginning of March apparently, then the journey across the North Sea adds time , but at least it’s a bit more positive than it has been for a while.  

27 minutes ago, Mikeworcs said:

The article only says it will affect Octavia production, so hopefully no impact to Superb.

yes i believe it's only the octavia that's effected 

did your car get completed this week ?

2 minutes ago, 310golfr said:

yes i believe it's only the octavia that's effected 

did your car get completed this week ?

I haven't had a confirmation yet, but I'm hopeful.  I'll follow up after the weekend 😃

• Like 1

On 07/02/2022 at 10:20, Bp3 said:

You maybe OK. The £40k is based on list price, not the on-the-road price. It depends on several things but if the price you're paying is around £40500 then you should be OK.  Best checking with dealer.

1 hour ago, Shirleyp said:

If the can’t build Octavias they can use the semiconductors for our Superbs

That’s a damned  fine idea , I have just got a build week  after waiting since July , so I can’t cope with anymore delays , it’s too depressing to  even think about.  

From the HM Gov website:

‘Vehicles with a list price of more than £40,000

You have to pay an extra £335 a year if you have a car or motorhome with a ‘list price’ (the published price before any discounts) of more than £40,000. You do not have to pay this if you have a zero emission vehicle.

You only have to pay this rate for 5 years (from the second time the vehicle is taxed).’

Although I bought my iV as a 6 mth old ex-demo car at a long way under £40k, I have the joy of the massive ‘road tax’ bill for 5 years, as the list price when it was new was over £40k. No win for PHEVs! 

That said, the other option for me was an Octavia vRS iV at far below £40k but I was nervous of the reported ‘issues’ with the Octavia Mk IV. 

Justified it easily by it being only £15/mth more expensive over 7 years - and so far, not regretting it at all! 

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables

Edited by aerofurb

just got an email saying my car is built and has left the factory  😀

was supposed to be build week 9 but i'm not complaining  😁

ordered 2nd week october 21, so probably gonna be about 5 months  from ordering to collection, allowing for 4/5 weeks shipping to uk

maybe because the car is pretty much bog standard with no extras and in a popular colour has speed things, who knows

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JasperVelders said:

Lucky you! My week 7 build was not started this week but should be done next week. Ordered end of August, but it's an L&K with a few extras. 

I ordered 1.5 SE L DSG with rear wiper, winter pack (not much use in spring/ summer) and spare wheel , end of July ,got told last week it’s build week 9 then 4/5 weeks from factory to ferry,

Edited by JamesETheFirst

Ok, things seem to be moving, as the dealer got a message today that my car was actually built this week and will be prepped for transport. Bit strange as on Tuesday they got a build week for next week, but no complaints from my side :)

20 hours ago, Mikeworcs said:

Mine is also complete, and has been given a 22 plate.  Delivery mid-March.

Finally.

When you say `given`, do you mean you weren't given a choice of different reg numbers?

1 minute ago, mandp said:

When you say `given`, do you mean you weren't given a choice of different reg numbers?

I mean it has been given a 22 plate by the dealer/registered owner.  It's a lease car - I'm the registered keeper, so I have little choice over registration details and timing.

16 minutes ago, Mikeworcs said:

I mean it has been given a 22 plate by the dealer/registered owner.  It's a lease car - I'm the registered keeper, so I have little choice over registration details and timing.

Oh I see. Thank you for the clarification.

• 3 weeks later...

I reached out the dealer first time in 6 months. Placed the order on September 2021, had no updates whatsoever. The car should have already been delivered by now.

No good news however, I have "provisional build date in May, which most likely will be postponed" according to dealer. 

I have set myself for another 6 months until I reach out the dealer again.