Delivery Delays

1 minute ago, JamesETheFirst said:

Shame I suppose, any idea what you’re going to get instead? I did read that Kia /Hyundai are only 6 weeks lead time.  

I haven't had much time to think about it, but I would fancy a Volvo s90. I am definitely not placing another factory order. Too much uncertainty there these days, I think.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any updates on their delivery times?

We’re waiting on a Superb Estate 2.0tsi  SEL ordered mid Nov 2021. Latest dealer estimate is September. 

7 hours ago, thejames said:

Anyone have any updates on their delivery times?

We’re waiting on a Superb Estate 2.0tsi  SEL ordered mid Nov 2021. Latest dealer estimate is September. 

Wow I had to wait 3 months for mine and I thought that was a ling time ! Not sure I would have the patience to wait 10 + !

9 months then. That’s what Skoda are telling media outlets the current wait is… fingers crossed. I can deal with mid-August! 

I did see that Skoda made an announcement that they have partially relocated harness manufacturing from Ukraine to Czech Republic. Hopefully that’ll help with the delays. 

I did hear that car manufacturers were cannibalising washing machines for their computer chips, whether that changes anything we shall see.  I can’t say I was over impressed by the dealership communications throughout the wait.    

Looks like I am not so lucky. Superb 280 Style with options, Blind spot and rear camera being the most problematic ones (info from dealer). Ordered December 2021, received the preliminary build date for the first time - February 2023...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Codename47 said:

Looks like I am not so lucky. Superb 280 Style with options, Blind spot and rear camera being the most problematic ones (info from dealer). Ordered December 2021, received the preliminary build date for the first time - February 2023...

That’s depressing. Sorry to hear that. 

Yet another reason why I think the traditional dealership days are numbered. They add no real value, are costly to support and most provide dreadful customer service and expensive vehicle servicing and repair costs. So one can understand why Avril Palmer-Baunack’s Constellation group (webuyanycar, BCA and Cinch) have bought the Marshall Motor Group. I suspect the direct-to-customer web-based route will become more prevalent and the locations will just be there for servicing. 

18 hours ago, Codename47 said:

Meanwhile German site is telling 6 months for Superb delivery. If it is true, I guess this is proof that Skoda is prioritizing some markets while others are completely ignored

https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html

This could be poppycock. Some places are claiming 9 months in the UK, which is nonsense. 

Or maybe it’s true, and it’s just far simpler to sell within the EU. 

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with couple of stealers, and they gave me approximate delivery time 39-49 weeks :/. Autoebid quoted 12+ months. Strangely, 2-3 weeks ago I was quoted 18-25 week lead time, so I am a bit confused...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lmb said:

I spoke with couple of stealers, and they gave me approximate delivery time 39-49 weeks :/. Autoebid quoted 12+ months. Strangely, 2-3 weeks ago I was quoted 18-25 week lead time, so I am a bit confused...

25 weeks is just a bare-faced lie. 

39-49 weeks at least aligns with current estimates for pending 2021 orders. They could easily slip beyond 12 months though. 

Yeah, agree, mine took 8 months with an order in August 21, and at the time of collection things were getting worse according to the customer experience manager at my dealer. Can't imagine it having improved the last few months.

14 hours ago, thejames said:

Some very tentative good news… apparently building started yesterday… keeping everything crossed. 

Ordered Nov ‘21. 

280 or 190 engine? Side assist included?  I guess that things started moving for higher priority countries

Edited by Codename47

1 hour ago, Codename47 said:

280 or 190 engine? Side assist included?  I guess that things started moving for higher priority countries

It’s a 2L petrol estate SEL. 360 camera. A few other bits inside. 

• 3 weeks later...