I bought a Skoda Fabia 1.6 TDI 2010 model today. DPF warning light has come on.

3 hours ago, HeavyMetalRich said:

@Faz02 Check that your Aux socket has a silver ring where you are putting the jack in. Sometimes the socket can get pushed in and break off and fall into the console.

I can't see a silver ring. Will I need a new aux socket? Thanks 

2 hours ago, Faz02 said:

I can't see a silver ring. Will I need a new aux socket? Thanks 

Most likely. You should be able to pop the little square bit out and see if you can get the end out. It might glue back together. If not, it's a new one. 

2 hours ago, HeavyMetalRich said:

Most likely. You should be able to pop the little square bit out and see if you can get the end out. It might glue back together. If not, it's a new one. 

Thanks. Will give it a shot. 

• Like 1

Is it relatively straightforward to replace the AUX port? Is it the same part across all models of Skoda? I assume scrapyards or ebay would be the places to look?

Thanks 

Edited by Faz02

3 hours ago, DieselMonte said:

Would be the same part on all mk2 fabias anyway. Probably is the same on most VW products of that time but It wont be hard to find a fabia in a scrapyard, pretty common car afterall.

Correct. Roomsters and Rapids should be the same too. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieselMonte said:

No reason why it wouldnt if the sensor was in good shape. The local scrapyard to me will check parts over before selling them.

Yeah if you can find one for a decent price. Just don't be surprised if it doesn't last very long. There's no way to tell if its just about to break too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeavyMetalRich said:

Yeah if you can find one for a decent price. Just don't be surprised if it doesn't last very long. There's no way to tell if its just about to break too.

Absolutely true, but worth taking a chance if its cheap (as you said)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faz02 said:

Picked one up for £10 from my local scrapyard. Is it a straightforward fix? Thanks 

It can be quite fiddly just because of access but it is basically just undoing the old one from the exhaust, unclipping the electrical connector and freeing the cable from some clips.

If it's the sensor I'm thinking about, you should be able to access it by removing the airbox and reaching down from the top. Otherwise you would need to lift the car to access from below. Hope this helps. 

Good morning all.

I was given the wrong sensor by the scrapyard I went to, apparently the sensor has a right angle bend so my mechanic says. So I've been on ebay this one is for a CAYA engine code. Mine is CAYC. Anyone know if it will fit please? Many thanks. 

Screenshot_20210606-070804_eBay.jpg

• Like 1

He may be referring to one like that pictured in the below add - listed for an Audi A1. The letter on the end of that one is E but you should be aware that there may be an updated version with a different letter on the end for your car. Unfortunately 7zap is not helpfull in this instance as the engine codes cannot be cross referanced. It may only be a mount at 90 degrees as the connector appears to be in the same location.

059906051c sensor audi a1 1.6 tdi (105 cv) 0 6r0131552e 950555 | eBay

DPF.jpg

• Like 1

Just looked deeper and the number on the unit with inlet pipes on if for the pressure switch itself of standard design so it appears that the 90 degree part is  just a bracket - with the attachment of the switch via the screw on the LH end. This would suggest that you need to identify the number on the one fitted to your car, check for revisions/official updates with later suffix letters and buy based on that.

Once again Winos understanding of wiring may allow an understanding of how the switch works, my theory being that applying pressure on the pre-pdf side would either change resistance across contacts or be a make/break signal.

Edited by KeithCheetham
Wino input may assist
  • Like 1

The sensor is like a pair of MAP sensors in a single package, they measure the pressure in the same way and the ECU uses those measurements in an algorithm to determine whether to regen or not.

Rather like a MAP sensor the DPF sensor is incredibly robust and rarely goes wrong, however it is possible that the convoluted pipework can get blocked giving rise to errors, simply use a blowgun to ensure the pipes are clear.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help everyone. Do I need a connector on this then? Or a whole new bit? My mechanic has advised to return this and when I go to the scrapyard have him give them a call. 

16229895938924688372226353993004.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Faz02 said:

Thanks for your help everyone. Do I need a connector on this then? Or a whole new bit? My mechanic has advised to return this and when I go to the scrapyard have him give them a call. 

16229895938924688372226353993004.jpg

That's the lambda probe and it has nothing to do with the DPF.

Right thanks. Car wouldn't move this morning so now an injector needs putting in too. Apparently shouldn't happen in lower mileage cars.

1 hour ago, DieselMonte said:

How many miles is on it? Seems to be giving a lot of trouble if its low mileage.

Just over 32k. Yes it is 

1 hour ago, DieselMonte said:

How many miles is on it? Seems to be giving a lot of trouble if its low mileage.

11 minutes ago, Faz02 said:

Just over 32k. Yes it is 

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, mileage is a very unreliable indicator of a vehicles general condition, it's a reliable money spinner for the motor trade though.

So there's that.

• Like 2

If I have said it once I have said it a million times - stop exaggerating! :D

• Haha 1

So if I am right, I will not know what part I need without removing the one that needs replacing? 

The scrapyard I have been to have given me the correct part but the garage across from me have said it has the wrong connector on it? I'm assuming the connector is specific to the car as has been advised above? 

Thanks for your help.