Mk4 Octavia Infotainment System

So, after numerous SW updates performed by the dealer barely 2 weeks ago, now the RHS of the screen has died.

after numerous restarts it’s back, but flickering.

Car is leased, but called dealer to be told >3 weeks to look at it. Unacceptable as cannot access half the car’s functions now…

tried to call ŠKODA Lease and get directed back to service/maintenance booking and therefore the local desker, ergo >3 weeks.

Car is 11mth old and around 3k miles, so have resorted to Facebook messenger to contact for earlier resolution or to reject the vehicle.

Whole point if a leased car is for it to not be my issue, fuel and drive it…

Others seem to have similar issues ?

Anyone had similar?

Thanks all in advance for your comments.

My Octavia Mk4 is a lease car Company Car took it back to Skoda today as I had to call out VW/Audi roadside assistance did a diagnostic on it basically said it is riddled with software faults airbag fault etc. Spoke to the lady in are office who deals with the cars said not just me the other lads cars (Skoda MK4) same issues 4K mileage 4 months old not a happy bunny .

33 minutes ago, Cawdy1972 said:

My Octavia Mk4 is a lease car Company Car took it back to Skoda today as I had to call out VW/Audi roadside assistance did a diagnostic on it basically said it is riddled with software faults airbag fault etc. Spoke to the lady in are office who deals with the cars said not just me the other lads cars (Skoda MK4) same issues 4K mileage 4 months old not a happy bunny .

Sorry to hear that, have since had a reply from ŠKODA Facebook messenger who are going to look in to it, have mentioned that forums seem awash with such issues….

will share resolution here…

For your info, I had to have 4 Software updates only 2 weeks ago: engine ECU, Airbag, Power Steering and Emergency SOS.

The Emergency SOS is still kicking in for no reason on occasion and now this weird screen issue…. Which ironically as of about 1/2 hour ago seems to have self-resolved !!

• 1 month later...
On 16/08/2021 at 19:08, ScottS said:

So, after numerous SW updates performed by the dealer barely 2 weeks ago, now the RHS of the screen has died.

after numerous restarts it’s back, but flickering.

Car is leased, but called dealer to be told >3 weeks to look at it. Unacceptable as cannot access half the car’s functions now…

tried to call ŠKODA Lease and get directed back to service/maintenance booking and therefore the local desker, ergo >3 weeks.

Car is 11mth old and around 3k miles, so have resorted to Facebook messenger to contact for earlier resolution or to reject the vehicle.

Whole point if a leased car is for it to not be my issue, fuel and drive it…

Others seem to have similar issues ?

Anyone had similar?

Thanks all in advance for your comments.

Update:

SW update 97c1 applied by dealer today, another recall apparently abs all seems well with the infotainment system….

Attached shows the HW and SW versions for those others having issues !!

CFA54D01-CEC3-49E1-98B0-2E6264169480.jpeg

i had vacation where i had rental car- opel corsa, Android auto worked better, especially zooming in and out, touch itself was much better, on car for half the money :D
today my skoda asked to log in to my skoda, entered everything and it keeps loading forever, while that i cant use anything on that screen, frustraiting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janis said:

i had vacation where i had rental car- opel corsa, Android auto worked better, especially zooming in and out, touch itself was much better, on car for half the money :D
today my skoda asked to log in to my skoda, entered everything and it keeps loading forever, while that i cant use anything on that screen, frustraiting.

Sounds like you should get the dealer to update the software too, it is much more stable now and appears to have stopped that same problem for me. Good luck !

I contacted  my dealer and asked if there was an update to 1803. A week passed till today when they told me of a new campaign for my car. I wonder if they would have reached out to me without my prompt. So i reckon I'm getting 1806. So does 1806 solve the sat nav forgetting probs? Any other updates you have noticed? 

11 minutes ago, Greezy56 said:

I contacted  my dealer and asked if there was an update to 1803. A week passed till today when they told me of a new campaign for my car. I wonder if they would have reached out to me without my prompt. So i reckon I'm getting 1806. So does 1806 solve the sat nav forgetting probs? Any other updates you have noticed? 

Seems to properly mirror album artwork to dash, more stable and resolve screen flicker/blanking !

not had any sat back issues myself.

good luck !

On 22/09/2021 at 18:20, ScottS said:

Update:

SW update 97c1 applied by dealer today, another recall apparently abs all seems well with the infotainment system….

Attached shows the HW and SW versions for those others having issues !!

CFA54D01-CEC3-49E1-98B0-2E6264169480.jpeg

My car was registered end of March.

My device number appears to be older than yours but display unit/control hardware and software appear newer?????

20210921_192514.jpg

9 hours ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

My car was registered end of March.

My device number appears to be older than yours but display unit/control hardware and software appear newer?????

20210921_192514.jpg

There are, it seems 4 different combinations of Hardware and Software out there already. I wonder if due to he global chip shortage?

will make a standard piece of software near impossible I’d think…

• 5 months later...

My infotainment system now simply wouldn't come alive. The screen stays blank after launch and lots of messages pop up. The car works but the system in the middle seems to be dead.

11 minutes ago, Matt_130 said:

My infotainment system now simply wouldn't come alive. The screen stays blank after launch and lots of messages pop up. The car works but the system in the middle seems to be dead.

Messages on screen or on dash ?

I had a complete screen replacement as had blanking and flickering issues.

Touch wood, been fine for about 4mths….

9 hours ago, ScottS said:

Messages on screen or on dash ?

I had a complete screen replacement as had blanking and flickering issues.

Touch wood, been fine for about 4mths….

Messages are that the parking assist doesn't work, manouvering brake doesn't work, Sos calls doesn't work etc. But the middle screen is blank.

47 minutes ago, Matt_130 said:

Messages are that the parking assist doesn't work, manouvering brake doesn't work, Sos calls doesn't work etc. But the middle screen is blank.

I managed to restart the head unit by holding the power button but it reatarts every minute or two by itself. Basically unusable this way.

On 24/05/2021 at 22:20, sneal said:

Whilst there are several folk here who have issues with their Mk4 Octavia, and I am one of those, it is worth noting that not ALL the Mk4s have issues. Whilst my SEL First Edition is being investigated by Skoda UK for a variety of issues (mainly KPH/MPH) my loan car (1.0 eTEC SE First Edition) has been faultless over five weeks and 2500+ miles.

Perhaps too simplistic, but it seems to me that it is those early built cars with the Columbus infotainment system that have the majority of issues and are tarnishing the Mk4 - so we should be careful not to damn all variants.

If only a small number of cars has issues, why don't they simply take back the faulty ones and give the customer a good one? That would make everyone happy.

On 17/03/2022 at 08:40, Matt_130 said:

I managed to restart the head unit by holding the power button but it reatarts every minute or two by itself. Basically unusable this way.

I disconnected the battery for a couple of minutes and that solved the problem for me. At least for now...

Just wondering if people are still having problems with this issue. 

We bought ours Octavia iv estate new in May 2021. We love the car but have had so many problems we are now getting to the point where we would consider just giving up if we could find another car we like. 

Satnav still doesn't know where it is some of the time. It works for a week or two then suddenly decides that we're in the middle of a field. Means we can never use it with confidence. I know we could use Google maps from the phone but recently it's recently struggled to connect to that. 

I know that in the grand scheme of things it isn't a major issue but when we've bought a brand new car it feels wrong that we've had so many niggles. Other problems have been sorted (eventually) but this remains. 

The dealership have been lovely but say they are waiting for a software update that hasn't happened. 

Anyone else out there still struggling? If not what sorted it? 

We were told that there was an update already out for the cheaper cars in the range and they were working their way up to ours. We were never given a date.

Their customer service department seemed to be really good initially. I spoke on the phone to a couple of ladies who actually told me they would ring me at a certain time - and did.  One of them even talked about some kind of compensation (although she wouldn't call it that). However that would be discussed fully when the problems were resolved. That doesn't work if they NEVER resolve them. 

That didn't lady though. The last time our car had another meltdown (not the satnav but another problem) I contacted the lady I'd dealt with at Cs and got a standard reply basically saying "Well fix it one day. Goodbye". 

The biggest slap in the face was when the dealership took the car in for a whole week to try and sort out the more major problems. We had just dropped the car off when the salesman who sold us the car a year ago tried to sell us a full electric car that they had in the showroom. For a mere £15k extra he'd take back our car and sell us this one. He seemed to think he was doing is a favour. We don't want a full electric car otherwise we'd have bought one last year. We don't want to spend another £15k. When we googled this car we discovered that many of them have the same problems as ours so certainly don't want to pay £15k for exactly the same problem. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...