What’s YOUR MPG??

Macdemon

My last tank averaged just over 51mpg according to the car, and I've managed 61mpg on a trip once or twice. Mine is a manual, but I had experience of the cylinder deactivation on my previous car.

I have the 1.0 115.  I've done around 2500 miles so far since Nov when I got it.  My long term average is just over 45 MPG.  I did a long drive a couple of weeks ago and wanted to compare it to what I would usually get in my previous Seat Ibiza with the same engine.  I usually go there along Main A roads and come back via the motorway at constant 70 MPH with cruise control.  On the Ibiza I would usually get around 60 MPG on the A roads at average of 60 MPH.  on the motorway at 70 I would get closer to 50 MPG.  However in the Kamiq I got an average of 55.6 on the A roads and a pretty impressive 57.7 coming back home on the Motorway.  So far its been pretty good and better than I expected compared to the Ibiza.

Below are the figures for my Kamiq 1.0 DSG SEL after just over a year of ownership. I am very impressed with both the performance and fuel economy.

Kamiq, quite comparable to my diesel Superb 170 DSG

Miles / day Days Total Miles Litres MPG  Cost  p/mile
19.52 393 7,672 741 46.99  £   811.76 0.1058

Superb

Miles/Day Days Total Miles Litres  Cost  MPG  p/mile 
         56.58 2,700 152,767 14,829  £  17,616.35 46.77  £   0.1153
       20,652 7.397 Years      

5 hours ago, Dannyboy1977 said:

Is there a way of showing overall fuel consumption in the virtual cockpit rather than for the journey?

I don't think so but if you press car on the entertainment system you should get a screen showing fuel consumption.  If you then click the arrow to the side it will move between Long term average, Since refuelling and since start.

WOW......its good to have a healthy, friendly discussion sometimes.  

Ive just filled up and had an improvement on my MPG in the first posting.............

MPG.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

On a previous thread I remarked that my 1.5 se was only giving me low 30’s mpg having been used mainly for short 8 mile commutes with lots of stop/start. Now, after 3,500 miles of much more mixed driving I read just over 50 mpg. It helps that i found the long term figure rather than the short term journey figure!!!

We live, drive and learn!

Still amazed! Just done 500mls round trip and recorded 55mpg. Extraordinary for a 1.5 petrol.

Does this engine have the system of switching cylinders off? Noticed symbol ‘Eco’ appears on display, usually when coasting or on light throttle.

My 1.5se does have it. From memory, if you press the knurled knob on the right of the steering wheel when ‘eco’ is showing, it tells you if your engine is operating in two-cylinder mode.

The 1.5 does have the cylinder deactivation and the little eco symbol means it's engaged the system. It's activates above 1400rpm when the torque demand is in a set window.

over 300km (180ish miles) highway journey (speeds varied between 70km/h-90km/h).

on another note, does anyone know how to change the output of the power? mines shows as KW instead of HP.

mpg.jpg

My 1.0 DSG Kamiq with some 2700 miles on the clock gives 54-56mpg on most runs of any length, otherwise largely in high 40s and even three miles into town from cold gives about 40mpg.  Best typical run has been 61.3mpg, best overall, 67.4mpg, but not typical as it started on the top of Sutton Bank and was largely down hill.

On 06/07/2021 at 09:13, JordanTS said:

over 300km (180ish miles) highway journey (speeds varied between 70km/h-90km/h).

on another note, does anyone know how to change the output of the power? mines shows as KW instead of HP.

mpg.jpg

WOW..........thats impressive to say the least.  Good result there Jordan. 

• 4 weeks later...

When I had my Octy (1.4TSi)  I found tyre pressures and tyre choice made a huge difference to MPG - Personally the goodyear would not have been my choice.

Engine oil level also made a difference (to the line or hafway down)

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a picture of one of my best trips. I have a 1.6TDI SE L and this was a clear run on dual carriageway roads. (In fact until I turned off the dual carriageway for the last mile of the trip it was at 103mpg).

Following lorries at 55-60mpg with cruise control set.

When I drive at 70mph the mpg drops into the mid-high 60's to low 70's mpg.20210701_123415.thumb.jpg.e6889c22269119f2b14f202dcb91f65a.jpg

• Like 1

I have a 1.0 SE 95, round town we are getting 46-48mpg and we drove from Durham to Ripon a few weeks ago and we got 68mpg on the A1(M)

This car definitely feels more suited to the motorway.

On 06/07/2021 at 18:13, JordanTS said:

mpg.jpg

Try in the initial settings menu where you set the time, country ETC but most countries now use Kw as a dfinition

Edited by Exkiwi