2021 Skoda Enyaq IV 60

domhnall

• 1 month later...
On 25/07/2021 at 15:49, SusansDad said:

Taken your previous advice and have ordered the suite with the light headliner, just have to wait now for 15 weeks or so.  Thanks for the revue Domhnall :biggrin:

happy to have helped. My own car is here now and it is even better than the one I tested :-)

• 3 months later...

Just changed over from a 2018 Superb III Greenline SE L Executive Estate to an Enyaq iv60 Loft. They are both lease cars, so I didn't get to try either of them out before ordering, I just had to use the Skoda website to make decisions (at the time I made the decision to get an Enyaq, press reviews had not started to come through). I thought I would list a few first thoughts after one day of the new car, so that anyone else making a similar change is better informed. My first impression is that the Enyaq is quiet, quick off the mark and does what I need. 

I didn't specify any driver assist packages as they seemed over-priced. Time will tell if I really miss the adaptive cruise on the Superb. I specified the climate pack plus (heated windscreen is a must for me) and convenience std options. I have found it a bit difficult to work out how to switch on the heated screen (seems to be via the air conditioning system), but I enjoyed jumping into a preheated car for my morning commute by setting up the schedule. 

I went for the parking pack (rear camera is necessary as the rear window is high up), panoramic roof (family like it), the heat pump (Scotland, duh!), 19" Regulus Anthracite alloy wheels and the fast charging (although there doesn't seem to be much supply over 50kW just yet, I'm hoping there will be). 

However, the Superb is definitely the nicer car to be in, and some of the "simply clever" touches, like the boot lamp that can be removed and used as a torch, are missing from the Enyaq. The luggage cubby holes in the Superb are closed with flaps to make them neat, but the Enyaq's are open so everyone can see how messy you are when accessing the boot. I also reckon the storage capacity will be much lower without the little doors as I used to cram stuff in. There is more room in the Superb too, I have grown-up children over 6 foot tall, but they can still be fitted into the Enyaq. The boot space is just as wide in the Enyaq as it is in the Superb, but about 12cm shorter in length. The leather seats in the Superb seem softer; due to an ordering mix up, I got Loft seats instead of Suite ones but I expect I'll get used to them. 

IMG-20211130_LI.jpg

Edited by FrankBear
Remove number plate
  • Thanks 1