Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

Morning all,

After placing my order for a Race Blue Sportline Kodiaq with just one extra, the digital dash, on the 21st July 2021, I have just received my first update yesterday from the leasing company to say that I have an unconfirmed build week of 26 and it should be with the dealer by the end of July!

Fingers crossed 🤞

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Danpauldawkins said:

Morning all,

After placing my order for a Race Blue Sportline Kodiaq with just one extra, the digital dash, on the 21st July 2021, I have just received my first update yesterday from the leasing company to say that I have an unconfirmed build week of 26 and it should be with the dealer by the end of July!

Fingers crossed 🤞

Definitely looks like a catch up blue SportLine week!

Screenshot_20220622-131317~4.png

Edited by AntD
  • Like 3

Long time reader here. I did not have any useful information to share and decided to remain silent ... till now :)

Ordered 1 july 2021 in Bulgaria - 2.0 tsi Vision (Style ++) , Black magic, Canton, Digital dash, Acoustic windows, electric towbar , dcc, blind spot, lane and side assist , Area view , Matrix , 7 seats , electric child lock, ventilated seats, winter pack , crater 19" rims and more

Expected delivery - 6 months

Mid November the dealer called and said that my order is glowing red because of the rims. Canton , blind spot and the 360 cams are ok, just the rims.  I've changed the rims to CURSA 19" anthracite

In the beginning of the 2022 there was no info about build week.

I have to sign new delivery contract for another 6 months  - price guarantee (inflation protection clause) and 1% discount of the end price because of the delay.

Since then i have had couple of build weeks. 3 weeks ago i got the first confirmed build week - 25.

No information about missing features. I hope everything will be as ordered :)

P.S. the car was paid in full. No leases

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, remix said:

Long time reader here. I did not have any useful information to share and decided to remain silent ... till now :)

Ordered 1 july 2021 in Bulgaria - 2.0 tsi Vision (Style ++) , Black magic, Canton, Digital dash, Acoustic windows, electric towbar , dcc, blind spot, lane and side assist , Area view , Matrix , 7 seats , electric child lock, ventilated seats, winter pack , crater 19" rims and more

Expected delivery - 6 months

Mid November the dealer called and said that my order is glowing red because of the rims. Canton , blind spot and the 360 cams are ok, just the rims.  I've changed the rims to CURSA 19" anthracite

In the beginning of the 2022 there was no info about build week.

I have to sign new delivery contract for another 6 months  - price guarantee (inflation protection clause) and 1% discount of the end price because of the delay.

Since then i have had couple of build weeks. 3 weeks ago i got the first confirmed build week - 25.

No information about missing features. I hope everything will be as ordered :)

P.S. the car was paid in full. No leases

25 is this week, so it's either built or will be very very soon!

I cancelled my vRS order a few weeks ago due to a change in circumstances. It’s good to see they are finally getting made, hopefully will start to see some on the roads soon, I’ve only seen 1 facelift Kodiaq so far and the vRS seems to be like rocking horse poo! I’ll be very jealous of the first vRS I see I’m sure!

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, funsize said:

I cancelled my vRS order a few weeks ago due to a change in circumstances. It’s good to see they are finally getting made, hopefully will start to see some on the roads soon, I’ve only seen 1 facelift Kodiaq so far and the vRS seems to be like rocking horse poo! I’ll be very jealous of the first vRS I see I’m sure!

Should have sold your order on 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AntD said:

Should have sold your order on 😂

Yes I should have! Thinking about it though the dealer cancelled the order no questions asked and immediately refunded my deposit. I dreaded making the call as I expected them to try to talk me out of it etc. But thinking about it it was a vRS with towbar and acc for £43.5k  on a cash deal. They probably kept the order for themselves and sold it on for more and got a finance deal out of it too. 

• Like 1

Got an email today saying my June 2021 order still has no build week. Good to see other orders moving though. 

• Crying 1

On 23/06/2022 at 14:34, funsize said:

…. for good reason

10 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

Go figure………

Oh, I'm pretty sure I know why they're not all that common. Same reason why all 'halo' cars sitting at the top of a range aren't the best sellers.

Yes, it's got a pointlessly powerful/thirsty engine in it.

Yes, it's stupidly expensive for a Kodiaq.

No, it's not as quick as a Lamborghini Urus.

No, it's not as big as a Range Rover.

But I'm guessing that those people, myself included, who bought one did so because... well, go figure.

• Like 4

Respect to those that bought them and will keep, sell or trade in.  Many will just be leasing them like those other vehicles mentioned, maybe for business use or private and in a year or three they go back and get replaced by something else.  Maybe due to shortages some will be kept longer than usual before reaching the used trade. 

Mine is also built 2.0 TSI - Side assist, canton, double glazed windows, family pack etc. Ordered 7th of October 2021.

Around 2-3 weeks delivery.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, icohohi said:

Mine is also built 2.0 TSI - Side assist, canton, double glazed windows, family pack etc. Ordered 7th of October 2021.

Around 2-3 weeks delivery.

nice and well done for holding out on your original spec. I ordered 3 days before you and agreed a few months back to remove 360 camera. side assist and canton in order to speed up deliver....guess what ....no news but holding out as the price is locked in. can't wait to see all the dealers currently selling customer cancellation orders at inflated prices getting screwed when the recession deepens and they are struggling to survive. karma IMO.

I had a message yesterday to say mine was in the factory being built “as we speak” also said that they are looking a September 1st handover so that I get the new registration if that was ok with me….. (It was lol)