Joe Biden to leave early?

EnterName

Is it just my imagination, or has there been a sudden sea change in the way the media is reporting on Joe Biden?

Suddenly he's being asked serious questions, and more importantly the media are not happy when they're not getting answers.

There certainly seems to be a cold wind blowing from the media in Biden's direction.

Meanwhile Kamela Harris seems to be still in their good books.

I'm wondering whether the ground is being laid for a "Biden must go!" media narrative?

Certainly, the right-wing media seem to have smelled blood in the water and are starting to push a "Joe must go" narrative, but it's telling that there's no apparent pushback from leftist media against the narrative.

The media (of whatever persuasion) seldom act in isolation, whoever pays the piper calls the tune, and they seem to have changed the tune recently.

But how "they" (whoever they is) will get him to go, is what puzzles me.

Whether the media will finally discover the guy has some form of dementia, and they'll use the 25th to ease Kamala into the hot-seat, or whether he'll be the target of a "Me too!" frenzy, as the media finally notice they have spent years recording Biden's penchant for sniffing and touching people he shouldn't.

But however they decide to ease him out of the Oval Office, I suspect he will not complete his first term.

But it was Trump who initiated the withdrawal process from Afghanistan when he was in office. Interesting how the new administration will handle modern-day technology and that American equipment needs maintenance and spares to keep it going. The worry is of course when China and Russia get their hands on the advanced Western technology

Edited by edbostan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, edbostan said:

But it was Trump who initiated the withdrawal process from Afghanistan when he was in office. Interesting how the new administration will handle modern-day technology and that American equipment needs maintenance and spares to keep it going. The worry is of course when China and Russia get their hands on the advanced Western technology

I'm not talking about the Afghanistan withdrawal here, @edbostan.

I'm talking about Joe Biden's days as President being numbered.

You may have noticed, that nobody has anything positive to say about Biden.

Comment on Joe Biden, and the knee-jerk response is a variation of "Orange Man bad!".

In response to a point about Joe Biden being in trouble, you posted "But it was Trump...".

That isn't support for Biden, that's deflection.

Considering Joe's supposed to be (after election "fortification") the most voted for president ever, he has no apparent support, from a base who are traditionally very keen to get out and show support.

Now the media have turned on him, Biden is really in trouble, as there's nobody to stick up for him.

12 hours ago, EnterName said:

Is it just my imagination, or has there been a sudden sea change in the way the media is reporting on Joe Biden?

Suddenly he's being asked serious questions, and more importantly the media are not happy when they're not getting answers.

There certainly seems to be a cold wind blowing from the media in Biden's direction.

Meanwhile Kamela Harris seems to be still in their good books.

I'm wondering whether the ground is being laid for a "Biden must go!" media narrative?

Certainly, the right-wing media seem to have smelled blood in the water and are starting to push a "Joe must go" narrative, but it's telling that there's no apparent pushback from leftist media against the narrative.

The media (of whatever persuasion) seldom act in isolation, whoever pays the piper calls the tune, and they seem to have changed the tune recently.

But how "they" (whoever they is) will get him to go, is what puzzles me.

Whether the media will finally discover the guy has some form of dementia, and they'll use the 25th to ease Kamala into the hot-seat, or whether he'll be the target of a "Me too!" frenzy, as the media finally notice they have spent years recording Biden's penchant for sniffing and touching people he shouldn't.

But however they decide to ease him out of the Oval Office, I suspect he will not complete his first term.

During, and in the days that followed, his inauguration I read a few theories that Kamala Harris was the end game with Biden being the path to her presidency.

Seemed within the realms of possibility but only time will tell I guess.

21 minutes ago, Evil said:

During, and in the days that followed, his inauguration I read a few theories that Kamala Harris was the end game with Biden being the path to her presidency.

Seemed within the realms of possibility but only time will tell I guess.

Yeah, I'd buy that. Harris was laughably unpopular when she was running to be presidential candidate, and eventually dropped out due to "lack of funds" or more accurately, lack of support.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/03/kamala-harris-drops-out-of-2020-presidential-race.html

But as a "progressive" candidate, she's very useful to the left, so if they can't get her in democratically by voting her as President, then other routes to power are available.

"Fortify" a confused and easily directed Joe Biden into power, then kick him to the kerb to slip Harris into power.

Now that's magicI

I have a sneaking suspicion, that for all Harris's progressive talk, she'd be a lot less progressive than some of the left would like.

2 hours ago, EnterName said:

In response to a point about Joe Biden being in trouble, you posted "But it was Trump...".

The fact is that it actually was Trumpolini what done it. He left Biden in a hole where he's being characterised as "wrong" regardless of what he does.

4 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

The fact is that it actually was Trumpolini what done it. He left Biden in a hole where he's being characterised as "wrong" regardless of what he does.

I'll remind you that this is a thread about Biden possibly leaving office early.

But thanks for confirming my point:

2 hours ago, EnterName said:

Comment on Joe Biden, and the knee-jerk response is a variation of "Orange Man bad!".

7 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Regardless, he didn't need to pull out in such a chaotic way.

Whilst tango of camberwick green might own the decision to get out, Joe needs to own the somewhat shambolic way in which it's been done.

For anyone not from the UK/old enough to understand the reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trumpton

1 minute ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Regardless, he didn't need to pull out in such a chaotic way.

Whilst tango of camberwick green might own the decision to get out, Joe needs to own the somewhat shambolic way in which it's been done.

For anyone not from the UK/old enough to understand the reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trumpton

This thread really isn't about pulling out of Afghanistan.

It's about Biden's precarious position and how now the media have turned on him, it looks like his days are numbered.

10 minutes ago, EnterName said:

This thread really isn't about pulling out of Afghanistan.

It's about Biden's precarious position and how now the media have turned on him, it looks like his days are numbered.

I accept that, however the two are not completly unlinked, as the withdrawl has been mentioned by other posters to whome I was responding.

I was only making the point that even if it was a case of blaming the orange one, that only goes so far before the current President has to take responsibility.

I have to say, I don't like Tango, but I'm not really a fan of Joe either.

Either way, I'll keep out of this :)

2 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

I accept that, however the two are not completly unlinked, as the withdrawl has been mentioned by other posters to whome I was responding.

I was only making the point that even if it was a case of blaming the orange one, that only goes so far before the current President has to take responsibility.

I have to say, I don't like Tango, but I'm not really a fan of Joe either.

Either way, I'll keep out of this :)

Maybe. I don't know if the two things are linked or not, other than my suspicion that the botched Afghan withdrawal is a convenient trigger excuse to start sticking the knife into Biden.

As I see it, if the press could shield Biden from the fallout surrounding his fiscally dodgy, drug-addled son Hunter, not to mention Joe going missing for a suspiciously long time in the run-up to the election, then showing happy Afghan refugees landing in America instead of falling off aircraft in Kabul, ought to be straightforward enough. Even YouTube were carrying videos of people falling off planes, not forgetting the poor sod trapped in the undercarriage with his legs flapping around wildly while the plane was flying.

Given YouTube's absolutely draconian clampdown on showing distressing footage they don't want you to see, I can only suspect they wanted people to see this. It didn't even require age veriffication.

Where once the social media companies maintained an absolute blackout on questioning the validity of the election result, now neither the mainstream media nor the social media tech companies are running any sort of cover for Biden.

It all seems very co-ordinated to me, and to be honest, it's blatantly obvious what allies he previously had can no longer be relied on. Come to think of it, maybe there's a story on Hunter Biden they will use as the coup de grace?

Trump is a marmite character. People love him or hate him, and have reasons for either emotion.

The media gave him an absolute kicking, and yet his support base remained pretty loyal, and STILL remains loyal. That's impressive. (Where are Hillary Clinton's supporters these days?)

The media hated him so much, they ran cover for rioters for months. We even had the debacle of this report on CNN. :D

EgZ9pwtXcAAnXUP.thumb.jpg.8a74d9c63c2240f485ca3c9f0a175e59.jpg

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/513902-cnn-ridiculed-for-fiery-but-mostly-peaceful-caption-with-video-of-burning

What I'm looking for, is Biden's missing support base. He's the most voted for president ever.

Where are those voters?

Trump had and retains UK supporters. Where are Biden's UK supporters?

We have been disappointed in the UK with Biden. At first we had the relief of Trump being deposed and a new dawn with Biden. Whether or not he survives is up to the American people but this crisis with Afghanistan was a poisoned chalice handed to him by the  departing Trump administration. If he goes will Harris prove a worthy successor? I doubt if the American people will tolerate another term of Trump. The media press are gunning for Biden to physically or figuratively fall at the next hurdle and our international adversaries sense his weakness on the world stage. The era of charismatic leaders has foreclosed, unfortunately.

• Confused 1

On 25/08/2021 at 20:03, edbostan said:

We have been disappointed in the UK with Biden. At first we had the relief of Trump being deposed and a new dawn with Biden. Whether or not he survives is up to the American people but this crisis with Afghanistan was a poisoned chalice handed to him by the  departing Trump administration. If he goes will Harris prove a worthy successor? I doubt if the American people will tolerate another term of Trump. The media press are gunning for Biden to physically or figuratively fall at the next hurdle and our international adversaries sense his weakness on the world stage. The era of charismatic leaders has foreclosed, unfortunately.

I think it's a mistake to try and project your political inclinations onto the UK as a whole. So I'll take the "we" to mean "I" for your post.

As people keep banging on about the Afghanistan withdrawal, I will address it as a specific issue, even though this thread is about Biden being given the push.

The fact is, there remains a clear wish from a sizeable number of Americans, that America stop sending their young people over to try and impose "liberal democracy", on countries that are not inclined to that type of government. The sort of people who say "We must help the people of Afghanistan!" are invariably people for whom there is a 0% chance of actually going to help the people of Afghanistan themselves, and instead expect to be able to virtue-signal online about how compassionate they are for the people suffering there, and for someone else to go and actually do the fighting to "free" them.

Now the initial blood-lust for revenge following 9-11 has diminished, many (if not most) Americans are pretty sick of having their kids come home in body-bags, to help "free" peoples who are fairly content with the way things are in their countries.

When Pew Research conducted a survey of Afghans, they found that nearly all Muslims in the majority Muslim country supported Sharia. And by "nearly all", I mean 99%. That's quite a mandate for Sharia!

https://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

image.png.cb37bc32d684d98fe77b7776a456819e.png

Americans want a withdrawal from Afghanistan, and Afghans don't want Western democracy in Afghanistan. So what's the problem with pulling out of there?

People bleating how "Trump arranged for America to withdraw from Afghanistan, it's all his fault!" aren't getting the win against Trump they think they are.

The withdrawal from Afghanistan was Trump working out what the American people wanted, and setting about delivering it.

So who are the people who want Western forces in Afghanistan, and what is their motivation?

As I see it, and this is purely my opinion, one group of people are the activist groups that are pushing various leftist agendas in the West, who are desperate for similar agendas to gain footholds in Muslim countries.

As they have found in the UK, while some Brits can be bullied into allowing their kids to be indoctrinated with whatever leftist nonsense is popular at the time, a significant number of the growing Muslim population are not about to put up with that sort of thing, and are resisting it.

(Link to example. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6637445/Muslim-parents-children-school-protest-sex-education-lessons.html)

Attempts to bully them into compliance by calling them "homophobic" are deflected by accusations of "Islamophobia". (Must be nice to have a "phobia" to protect you from criticism.)

Likewise feminist groups who have been pushing for Western style laws for women in countries like Afghanistan, have suddenly discovered that "women's rights" are actually privileges women are granted by men, and in the real world, those privileges can be revoked in very short order.

The feminists are understandably not happy about this. :D

Another group of people pushing for endless wars are the people who make money from selling weapons and related tech, particularly ammunition.

Wars are good business for them, and they get to test their latest products in the field.

What's interesting, is that there seems to be an intersection between anti-Trumpers and people who want America to continue to attempt to impose "liberal democracy" on a country that when asked, doesn't want it.

What's even more interesting, is that almost nobody will explicitly come out and say they like Biden and think he's doing a good job. All they say is that they hate Trump.

Apart from Matthew Dowd. He's pretty impressed with Biden.

Edited by EnterName
Corrected typo: "ust" to "Must"

16 hours ago, EnterName said:

What are the available methods for Biden leaving early?

- Impeachment - seems unlikely as the Republicans will be liking the bad publicity for the Democrats that's being generated.

- Death - given his age, possible.

- Resignation - seems unlikely given how many years he's been trying for the top job.

- Something else???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

I think he can be declared medically or mentally unft, in which case the VP takes over until he is declared fit or his term expires.

They tried that with Trump and it didn't work as the VP has to agree, I doubt that Kamala will agree this time.

My gut feel is that Joe will be President until he gets taken out feet first?

19 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

They tried that with Trump and it didn't work as the VP has to agree, I doubt that Kamala will agree this time.

My gut feel is that Joe will be President until he gets taken out feet first?

Cardiac arrest would get him taken out feet first, and declared medically unfit to serve. I don't think Kamala's actually allowed to refuse in that situation. Depending on how long she served, it may also not "count as a term" for Constitutional purposes.

3 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

What are the available methods for Biden leaving early?

- Impeachment - seems unlikely as the Republicans will be liking the bad publicity for the Democrats that's being generated.

- Death - given his age, possible.

- Resignation - seems unlikely given how many years he's been trying for the top job.

- Something else???

Impeachment due to being medically unfit would be one option. I'd like to see Biden at least pass the cognitive test Trump passed.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-cognitive-test-why-the-hell-would-i-take-a-test/

Impeachment due to kiddie-sniffing. Watch Joe in action and judge for yourself.

The kiddie-sniffing could be something that he's threatened with to force him to step down due to "ill health", and allow him to avoid impeachment.

I doubt he'll die just yet, but he might have another fall. Meh, not looking at that as most likely.

The timing for the coup de grace might be after the 2022 mid-term elections, which at the moment don't look good for the Democrats, but in fairness, they usually aren't kind to the incumbents.

10 hours ago, KenONeill said:

I hink he can be declared medically or mentally unft, in which case the VP takes over until he is declared fit or his term expires.

I think this is one of the more likely outcomes, allowing Biden to be deposed gracefully without getting kicked out formally.

Personally, I'd like to see the old creep impeached and kicked out formally.

I don’t understand why UK citizens are so concerned about the leader of a Western democracy. I would worry about the other demagogues and dictators. As if any of the posters in this forum had any authority or influence. It’s all just utter blah. 

1 hour ago, Redboy said:

I don’t understand why UK citizens are so concerned about the leader of a Western democracy. I would worry about the other demagogues and dictators. As if any of the posters in this forum had any authority or influence. It’s all just utter blah. 

I doubt anyone believes they have any influence but this is a discussion forum. If it's 'blah' feel free to ignore it.

I do wonder why the OP chose Off Topic to post this, though. Perhaps he feels it would be less rigorously moderated than had it been in Roadside where I think it would be better suited. Not that I could give a hoot what the OP has to say mind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redboy said:

You might want to ask the UK citizens suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome to explain themselves. :D

I'm concerned with what goes on in America, as what happens in America often has a knock-on effect on the UK.

If you want to discuss your worries over any particular demagogues or dictator, feel free to start a thread and air your concerns.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. Unlike some snowflakes on here, I listen to everyone.

I might not agree with you, but I'll hear you out.

image.thumb.png.281a8547d1d74a7d64a6e139f31f110d.png

Edited by EnterName