Latest software update

jonbon0

Hi Jonbon0

I have the same infotainment software version as You do. My vehicle went in for the SOS fix (All day) last week. Whilst there was a software update loaded, this did not impact on the infotainment software version, that remained unchanged. However,  whilst still early days, I used to get the popping and sos faults at similar points on my Portsmouth to Gosport commute. So far no popping or SOS faults despite several commutes. Interestingly I did get a message on the infotainment this morning advising of a new headlamp main beam upgrade installed?

@AndyT60

Went out with missus and little-un today, the speakers made a mighty crack and just died. Canton system. Couldn't get it to work at all, was so angry I drove straight to the Skoda dealer and went mad. I've only had the car a week so was seen to by the service manager promptly. 20 mins later, he returned, hard reset was done and it was working - great! But they did say alot of faults to do with infotainment popped up, and to give him a call straight away if anything else pops up. Guess what! On the drive home, big pop and SOS error comes up. I've taken a picture and I'm going to email him later. Getting a bit of a ****take this car, but since you've said about this fix you've had, maybe it's greener pastures on the horizon! 

20210907_171518.jpg

20210907_171620.jpg

9 minutes ago, jonbon0 said:

@AndyT60

Went out with missus and little-un today, the speakers made a mighty crack and just died. Canton system. Couldn't get it to work at all, was so angry I drove straight to the Skoda dealer and went mad. I've only had the car a week so was seen to by the service manager promptly. 20 mins later, he returned, hard reset was done and it was working - great! But they did say alot of faults to do with infotainment popped up, and to give him a call straight away if anything else pops up. Guess what! On the drive home, big pop and SOS error comes up. I've taken a picture and I'm going to email him later. Getting a bit of a ****take this car, but since you've said about this fix you've had, maybe it's greener pastures on the horizon! 

20210907_171518.jpg

20210907_171620.jpg

Whilst waiting for a proper fix for this, 

I have taken my privacy setting down from "share my position" to "no position data".

Only downside is the loss of parking position in the MySkoda app, but this is preferable (for me) to regular SOS failures.

• 2 weeks later...

Our 2020 Octavia had it's first service yesterday and had 5 software upgrades due. We had the same SOS problem and the parking sensors were only working intermittently. We also had it emergency brake for no reason, which is downright terrifying. 

Since picking it up, none of those faults have been rectified (time will tell if the emergency brake has been fixed) and we now have:

No smartlink or navigation, it just says function not available. 

Air con not working properly. 

Mode button not working

Adaptive cruise control now not working. 

We haven't checked everything as currently driving up country but it just keeps getting worse and worse. 

Our dealership said today that there is no known fix for the SOS fault. For all other faults we need to contact Skoda directly. We've had Skoda Octavias for 14 years and this has really put me off buying another one! 

Fed up. 

Hi CharlieR

My dealer in Fareham had my car in for a software update back in June (all day) My screen was locked following the SOS glitch, they did state at the time that this update was unlikely to resolve the SOS issue but it did clear the locked screen and updated some other systems. They advised that a fix was on the way and I would be contacted when available, although I did have to prompt them earlier this month. My Skoda went in for a specific SOS fix 10 days ago, whilst I still have the occasional minor infotainment glitch, I have not had a repeat of the SOS issues, I used to get these quite regularly at similar points on my commute, but none since the fix, fingers crossed that this remains the case. I suspect your dealer is trying to pass the buck here. There does appear to be a fix.

Keep the faith and demand that you dealer gets involved with your latest issues.

🤞 

JonBon0

Had a similar issue with my Canton sound system the other day, no pop, just no sound. Rebooting had no effect, although this resolved itself the following day on restart, I wonder if this is a common fault outside the SOS glitch. Still positive news with no sos faults since software update 10 days ago.👍

My dads Octavia 03/21 got the 1803 before our holiday to Scotland we did 1600 odd miles, SOS issue definitely fixed.

issues we do have

Climate Sync button never remembers

Bluetooth disconnects occasionally only way to fix is turn Bluetooth off and on again in the car settings not the phone settings makes no difference (iPhone 8 latest iOS 14.7) CarPlay on.

Drive mode - never remembers which one it was left in (mk3 always remembered this is a backwards step)

Voice chat randomly seems to appear

Rear wiper randomly wipes even when switch is not on with the automatic wiping turned on. Turning off automatic wiping in the rain.

Head lights on automatic head light assist, seems to try and dim road signs that are brightly lit by the high beams. Which then confuses the lights and dazzles on coming traffic.

Frequently says I am driving on the right, when I switch it back to the left seems to change it back the right. This is also demonstrated by the ACC not willing to overtake cars on the left even though it should be fine and perfectly legal too.

9 hours ago, AndyT60 said:

JonBon0

Had a similar issue with my Canton sound system the other day, no pop, just no sound. Rebooting had no effect, although this resolved itself the following day on restart, I wonder if this is a common fault outside the SOS glitch. Still positive news with no sos faults since software update 10 days ago.👍

That has happened to me twice in the 1500kms and 3 months that I have had the car.

It was resolved after leaving the car for half an hour, but not by a reboot.

The last time it happened there had also been an alert when I started the car - due to the bonnet not being fully closed.

It may be that that disrupted the start-up process. There were spurious warnings of failing systems as well.

I halted and closed the bonnet, which cleared that alert but it was then that the media sound disappeared. A reboot did not cure it.

It is not a great resolution to know that it will go away by the next drive but I don't want to report such an intermittent fault to Skoda yet. I am trying to get a better idea of what causes it.

Even then it is probably something related to the software in general and we can only hope that one day there is a revision that fixes this issue.

Edited by DaveFromSydney

1 hour ago, Antera said:

For your car you have 1806. So let them update of Update it for yourself.  It solves a lot of issues:

Not sure if you meant that to be a suggestion for me but mine was upgraded from 1788 to 1803 only two weeks ago and the infotainment control unit was replaced, after waiting over 2 months for the parts. That cured several faults that I had been having. 

I will wait a while before looking for further fixes. Updating yourself to 1806 is, as far as I know, not possible here in Australia. 

I've researched updating myself and that doesn't seem to be an option in the UK. Correct me if I'm wrong? Car is going in for an update after my holiday on in early October. See if it comes back in one piece!

It is possible to do it by yourself. Just find the firmware online and put on a usb stick. Let the system install it for you. No problem at all. 😀

It is out there 

Edited by Antera

2 minutes ago, Antera said:

It is possible to do it by yourself. Just find the firmware online and put on a usb stick. Let the system install it for you. No problem at all. 😀

It is out there 

“It is out there” but where, and is it genuine?

Personally I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole!

We all know the risk of downloading apps for our computers from unofficial sources - image what a deviant minded individual could do to safety systems is a car…

I’d like to think car manufacturers prevent the installation of system updates without following strict procedures.

46 minutes ago, sneal said:

We all know the risk of downloading apps for our computers from unofficial sources - image what a deviant minded individual could do to safety systems is a car…

I’d like to think car manufacturers prevent the installation of system updates without following strict procedures.

I agree. And it is up to Skoda to fix this car under warranty - not me.

2 hours ago, sneal said:

Yes is original. 

After latest updates (they said there were 5 of them) my car infotainment started to be very annoying! While using carplay wirelessly woth iphone, the delay is about 5s (which means the navigation waze is 5s behind, music control and touch responsivness is very bad) and also i think because of that my screen starts glitching to rainbow colors while using any maps via carplay and if i press anywhere like air con button and then go back to carplay - its ok again). 

taking it to dealer on wednesday to rewrite software because before they did this “update” there were no issues with carolay at all…

Since my last update, I have noticed on 2 occasions (for no obvious reason)  that my in car clock is out by 5 or so hours and I have had to reset the time. Has anyone else experienced this? No further SOS faults though..