Latest software update

jonbon0

On 24/02/2022 at 11:00, PetrolDave said:

I've posted that several times on here, but people continue to post the infotainment software version number - seemingly without understanding/caring that their car has maybe 30+ different processor controlled modules all with their own software versions that are not reported in the infotainment system.

So why so many (OK, that is subjective, but still) SW versions for infotainment?

What exactly falls under "infotainment" ?

What problems were fixed?

The only problems that I remember with infotainment is:

- radio RDS text not showing (like the title of the song that is playing, I have to switch to next station, then back and then it suddenly appears; happens with DAB but I think also with FM)

- once after a phone call the radio did not resume playing

- is the little screen between the speed  and RPM gauges part of the infotainment? I had some problems with it not switching to different modes, but that problem went away after a month or two.

Also what exactly is "head unit" that some mentioned earlier?

On 18/02/2022 at 10:21, TheUltraRunner said:

@xerces8

Can you give as an update how is your 1803 SW doing so far? Some of us currently having 1788 SW version, got an option today to install 1803 over the air.

Today:

tried to lock the car by touching the sensor on the door knob: no response

tried the front left and rear left doors, several times

then I opened the rear left door, closed it, touched the sensor on it again and... now it locked

• Sponsor
1 hour ago, xerces8 said:

So why so many (OK, that is subjective, but still) SW versions for infotainment?

What exactly falls under "infotainment" ?

What problems were fixed?

The only problems that I remember with infotainment is:

- radio RDS text not showing (like the title of the song that is playing, I have to switch to next station, then back and then it suddenly appears; happens with DAB but I think also with FM)

- once after a phone call the radio did not resume playing

- is the little screen between the speed  and RPM gauges part of the infotainment? I had some problems with it not switching to different modes, but that problem went away after a month or two.

Infotainment software information shows on screen is only for the radio control unit behind the dash, above the glovebox & for the touch screen.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, xerces8 said:

The screen between gauges is NOT part of the infotainment, it's part of the instruments and is controlled by the software in module 17 not 5F.

Head unit is another term often used for the main unit of the infotainment behind the dash.

Edited by PetrolDave
  • Like 1

Hi I'm new to Skoda and have just bought a new petrol vRS. I haven't had a new car for many many years.

I don't use the car daily, so will probably only do up to 6,000 miles a year.

Unless there's a major fault, because all this tech is so new to me and i'm not in the car all the time, how will I know if the car needs Software Updates.?

I guess Skoda are not going to tell me voluntarily.

Can I just go to a dealer and ask as it's with in warranty?

Sorry if this is obvious to you all.

Will they do all the updates at a service?

Thanks

• Sponsor
28 minutes ago, GrumpyOldGit said:

Hi I'm new to Skoda and have just bought a new petrol vRS. I haven't had a new car for many many years.

I don't use the car daily, so will probably only do up to 6,000 miles a year.

Unless there's a major fault, because all this tech is so new to me and i'm not in the car all the time, how will I know if the car needs Software Updates.?

I guess Skoda are not going to tell me voluntarily.

Can I just go to a dealer and ask as it's with in warranty?

Sorry if this is obvious to you all.

Will they do all the updates at a service?

Thanks

They won't necessarily do updates just because they're available

Alot of the time you have to report issues before they'll carry out the update.

Other times they'll just do them 

They can check if there's anything outstanding with your VIN so just give them a call 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

So hi all here I am again to update you software wise. It is now 1year and 3weeks since I picked up my VRS. 9 workshop visits all of which failed to deliver a full working car software. See all my previous posts. Having posted and followed all peoples postings and given my issues, with my engineering head on it was my conclusion that without a new head unit and so a faster processor it would never be right. So I gave up trying to argue and resided to the fact of living with the crappy software. 

Then out of the blue a call from Skoda saying we have a fix... Mmm I said... Trust us they said. So dropped off at the dealers had coffee biscuits and a chat as I feel like I work there now! On my way in the courtesy car and await the call. Expected a come and pick up the next day.... But no wait.. 4 days later.. Hi its ready and all is good they say... Mmmm we will see I said. 

Eat my words I must now do! 

It's a miracle everything works as it should... Finally. What's the secret I ask. Oooh new head unit and processor they say. [see pic] loads up in 3seconds now and after 3 days trying to make it break I can't 😊 finally a working car. Only taken 12 months but.... Thankfully it ok now. So stick with it people keep giving Skoda hell and eventually it will be ok. 🤞👍

IMG_20220803_064655.jpg

• Like 4

On 05/08/2022 at 16:39, DSG245 said:

So hi all here I am again to update you software wise. It is now 1year and 3weeks since I picked up my VRS. 9 workshop visits all of which failed to deliver a full working car software. See all my previous posts. Having posted and followed all peoples postings and given my issues, with my engineering head on it was my conclusion that without a new head unit and so a faster processor it would never be right. So I gave up trying to argue and resided to the fact of living with the crappy software. 

Then out of the blue a call from Skoda saying we have a fix... Mmm I said... Trust us they said. So dropped off at the dealers had coffee biscuits and a chat as I feel like I work there now! On my way in the courtesy car and await the call. Expected a come and pick up the next day.... But no wait.. 4 days later.. Hi its ready and all is good they say... Mmmm we will see I said. 

Eat my words I must now do! 

It's a miracle everything works as it should... Finally. What's the secret I ask. Oooh new head unit and processor they say. [see pic] loads up in 3seconds now and after 3 days trying to make it break I can't 😊 finally a working car. Only taken 12 months but.... Thankfully it ok now. So stick with it people keep giving Skoda hell and eventually it will be ok. 🤞👍

IMG_20220803_064655.jpg

Do you know what it was before?

I see you have the same as me except that your

display unit/control panel hardware is H45 (mine is H44)

display unit/control panel software is 2092 (mine is 2088)

My upgrade to 1896 seems to have cured some but not all of my Infotainment system problems.

If you look back at all my posts you will see previous stats. My display and processor were changed and all is now good. Don't settle for even one fault they are obliged to fix it. Just keep saying what doesn't work i kept presenting them with a list. And I badgered skoda uk on social media and a top manager rang me and open a dispute. Yes it took 12 months but it was always going to as the problem is across audi vw skoda platforms. 

Yes new hardware. I marked the screen before it went in. And if you look at all my posts there are a lot going back 12 months. When my car arrived it had the latest software then. 9 times they attempted a fix before changing the process and screen 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DSG245 said:

Yes new hardware. I marked the screen before it went in. And if you look at all my posts there are a lot going back 12 months. When my car arrived it had the latest software then. 9 times they attempted a fix before changing the process and screen 

I only looked in this thread, and see your post from Oct last year with the same hardware version for unit/screen as the image you posted was all.  Not sure it was a newer unit with an updated processor for the reason.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ParaNO1501d said:

I have my new Octavia for 11 day now 🤭 I got notification regarding software update. Can I do the update or I need to do it on the dealer?

Of course you can do it. It's just small updates to the Infotainment apps, the large system updates have not arrived OTA yet.

15 minutes ago, Jorgeminator said:

Of course you can do it. It's just small updates to the Infotainment apps, the large system updates have not arrived OTA yet.

Okay, I hope that this update will not **** up infotainment 😁 since it is working good for now

• 5 weeks later...

Well the Octavia iv first edition went in for oil service and inspection last Friday and as I've had the popping,sos-ing the thising and thating going on and the dash warning lights going off like an Xmas Tree the dealer said ok it's going to get a major factory update so that should sort it out.... 

The dealer said it would be in all day Friday as there was a lot to do..???

Well car still In phone call today saying it should hopefully be ready tomorrow.... We'll see....

20220913_161824.jpg

20220916_075933_05.jpg

• Love it! 1

53 minutes ago, MikeLO said:

Well the Octavia iv first edition went in for oil service and inspection last Friday and as I've had the popping,sos-ing the thising and thating going on and the dash warning lights going off like an Xmas Tree the dealer said ok it's going to get a major factory update so that should sort it out.... 

The dealer said it would be in all day Friday as there was a lot to do..???

Well car still In phone call today saying it should hopefully be ready tomorrow.... We'll see....

20220913_161824.jpg

20220916_075933_05.jpg

Yep, mine took three days (1.5TSi SE L First Edition). 

I can foresee dealers building extensions to the workshops just so they can do these interminable system updates...

• Haha 1

We'll just had the call from the dealer.....

Factory update done but it needs a new head unit.....

Surprise Surprise it's on back order so here's your car back and we'll give you a ring when it's in....

3 minutes ago, MikeLO said:

We'll just had the call from the dealer.....

Factory update done but it needs a new head unit.....

Surprise Surprise it's on back order so here's your car back and we'll give you a ring when it's in....

I wonder if they mean the OCU and not the head unit itself.

Either one will take time due to poor stocks.

Best of luck with whichever part they replace.

All I can tell you is what the service department told me..... 

I'm picking the car up about midday so I'll check which software code is showing....

I assume though that when the car goes back in (Whenever that is) for the new "Head" they will change the software to suit.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighlandBoy said:

Did any of you guys have to pay for the Software upgrade? Garage have quoted me near £130 to sort the SOS module... 

I don't suppose you have access to VCDS scanner?

There's a Service Campaign 91CL running until 31-12-2026

It applies if your hardware versions are as below (and SW 0035)

Screenshot_2022-09-21-12-56-53-287_com.google.android_apps.pdfviewer.thumb.jpg.2de46ed4994e03d7e453e37894ced2db.jpg

Well just back from dealer obviously now waiting for back order head/ocu unit to be fitted now running on software 1896.... 

Within 10mins of leaving dealer popping and sos-ing as before....

Yep, had my pop pop SOS last time I drove my car and I have the latest software, hadn't had it for a couple of months so its not completely fixed. Not sure if its because of one of the OTA updates or not, I hope it was a one off!