Tested and working coding Octavia mk4

• 1 month later...

Hi, is it working? Disable beeping when opening door when engine on. I changed the value: 17 - Long coding - Ignition key warning device - NO.

Inoperative if the engine is running or in start-stop mode. Do you need to change other values?

Thanks. Tomas

• 1 month later...

Finally got the time and guts to play with the recently arrived obd-dongle on my car.
After a short headache with the 2-factor authentication (that I didn't see detailed around here) I did a full backup and a full scan - only to find about 40 errors.
The SFD unlock returned an error message for a couple of times. I had to wait for 10-15 minutes and try again - it worked; I unlocked all modules that were locked. (forgot to mention: hood opened, ignition ON, engine OFF)
I then tried several 1-click apps:

- VRS cluster - worked;

- engine power - worked;

- engine torque - worked;

- lane assist to last-setting - worked;

- fan level on Auto - app said "done", but it didn't work;

- G-meter - app said "done", but it didn't work;

- central lock with IGN - app said "done", but I didn't test it.
I'll try to manually code transmission temperature when I have  the time.
Besides that, anyone has any idea if it's possible to change the engine power display from kW to HP? There's a short thread for that on the obd11 forum, but there's no answer yet.

As a general guideline, I would advise to use manual coding and adaption rather that built in OCAs, since the last ones will not leave a trace if something goes wrong.
Please see  related threads for more details:
https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/16159/adaptation-invalid?page=1&scrollTo=76547
https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/17388/invalid-adaption?page=1&scrollTo=76545

Edited by djmartzian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Funny story...
Now that you mention those issues and I read the topics from your links, I remembered that the car threw some errors after the OCAs. I when I finished I switched the ignition Off and then back On to see the results, and 3 errors were shown on the dashboard - I only remember two of those: Emergency Assist Error and Auto Hold Error. That happened Saturday evening, and I didn't scan for new errors. On Sunday I had a trip of ~180 kms and had no errors occurring - probably that's why I completely forgot/ignored those errors.

1 hour ago, SkOmk4 said:

engine torque - worked;

- lane assist to last-setting - worked;

- fan level on Auto - app said "done", but it didn't work;

- G-meter - app said "done", but it didn't work;

That’s interesting because the g meter did work for me. It’s pretty cool actually.

My torque reading is there, but it stays on zero. 

mines the hybrid though. 

1 hour ago, Benjybobs said:

My torque reading is there, but it stays on zero.

In my case torque reading is ok, live changing with the accelerator, as the power does too (however, the kW units annoy me).
BTW, I was surprised to see that the Oil temp. indicator was showing nothing (just "--") until the temperature reached 50 or 60 Celsius. After that threshold, it works like a charm!

I'll try to manually code the stuff that didn't work via OCA, as @djmartzian suggested, when I'll find a bit of time.
However, I couldn't find the coding for the "Fan level on Auto" - and it's one of the tricks I'd find quite useful...

Fan Display level Auto 
Original source: ----
The following code is used:
Control unit: 08 Air Conditioning - Adaptation
       Blower display in auto operation:
            Blower display in auto operation: activated

@SkOmk4 FYI

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

I was surprised to see that the Oil temp. indicator was showing nothing (just "--") until the temperature reached 50 or 60 Celsius. After that threshold, it works like a charm!

Mine came with this activated as standard. 

strange old world at skoda. 

Quick status update on my side:
I tried to do the manual coding for the stuff that didn't work with OCAs. Both the g-meter and the Fan-level display were showing as "Active". Nevertheless, I set both to Inactive and then back to Active again, with no luck - neither works. @djmartzian: I also have Bolero - so that might explain the g-meter not showing... 
I also activated the Turbo-pressure and the set of 3-parameters DSG-temp.&&oil-temp.&&water-temp. Both are shown, but the 2nd only shows 2 parameters instead of 3 - DGS and oil temperature (1st picture). As you can see that's a bit redundant - having the oil temp in two places on the same dashboard layout.
2nd picture is related to a question I have: after I activated the VRS layout, I noticed that when the sound volume is adjusted from the steering-wheel, the level-bar sits on top of the rev-meter as if it was not supposed to be there. So the question is: does it look the same for those with native VRS cockpit view?

And finally, after the suggestion of @djmartzian I decided to rescan for errors (I only scanned before unlocking the SFD). I could't find any of the nasty B17D7F0 code he mentioned, and I was able to erase all fault codes, except 1: I have the B184C00 fault code showing as "static" on "Dashboard" and on "Central Electrics" units -see 3rd picture.

Should I worry about that? A quick search online showed that it might be normal as long as the SFD is unlocked...

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-22 at 18.03.43.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-22 at 18.03.43 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-22 at 18.04.33.jpeg

Great, thanks for that tip! Indeed, I was doing the scan after I completed the coding. Did that after ignition-off and ignition back-on, but with the hood still open. I was too lazy to get out of the car and close it. (actually I had no idea that it would be the root of that error :blush )

• Like 1

@Wonderloaf, Yes. I own the ODB11 next generation device. I would recommend to buy same dongle. Just subscriber to their newsletter because sometimes they will release special packages (dongle + credits + Pro plan subscriptions) on a better price rather than buy all of them individually.

Cheers

Edited by djmartzian
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, djmartzian said:

@Wonderloaf, Yes. I own the ODB11 next generation device. I would recommend to buy same dongle. Just subscriber to their newsletter because sometimes they will release special packages (dongle + credits + Pro plan subscriptions) on a better price rather than buy all of them individually.

Cheers

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 23/03/2023 at 19:09, Wonderloaf said:

Will that let me perform manual coding? 

Device doesn't really matter (ok, it does for iPhone users :) ). What matters is license. You need to get a pro subscription for manual codings. Without pro, you can only use one click apps and i think ready the error codes and parameters for diagnosis.

On 21/03/2023 at 20:18, SkOmk4 said:

BTW, I was surprised to see that the Oil temp. indicator was showing nothing (just "--") until the temperature reached 50 or 60 Celsius. After that threshold, it works like a charm!

I think that was always the case in VAG cars. Had exactly same behavior in Leon 5F and Ateca. Same for coolant temp. It's 50 celsius.