Can high beam assist be retro fitted to my 2021 Octavia SEL with front camera?

GRA52

9 hours ago, sneal said:

It’s available for my 2020 SEL FE, at about £150

That would mean it's also possible to be coded? (OBDeleven or VCSD...)
Same as  for the "cornering lights" and the "traffic sign recognition"? As long as the hardware is there, it's just a matter of enabling/disabling those functions.

That’s what I thought, but the main dealer doesn’t want to know! 
Do you know where I can get these added on?

I have seen the High Beam Assist in the in car shop screen, but I do not know how to activate it. 

4 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

That would mean it's also possible to be coded? (OBDeleven or VCSD...)
Same as  for the "cornering lights" and the "traffic sign recognition"? As long as the hardware is there, it's just a matter of enabling/disabling those functions.

That depends whether the feature needs a FEC (Feature Enabling Code) as well as a coding/adaptation change - VAG are making more and more features require a FEC.

12 hours ago, GRA52 said:

I have seen the High Beam Assist in the in car shop screen, but I do not know how to activate it. 

I’ve not bought anything from the shop, but know of someone on this forum who has bought HBA.

it’s also online is you login to My Škoda (Škoda Connect) from you computer.

I have paid for HBA but it doesn’t work. The car is due some updates and the dealership is going to see if it works after those. If it doesn’t I will be demanding a refund.

I’m speaking to Škoda customer services at h/o to check out if & how I can get this on my car, apparently it is down to VIN no and when built. I’ve also asked if Road Signs and Cornering Fog Lamps can be added as well. 
awaiting an answer from the techie’s. 
I will update when I hear back

• 1 month later...

Skoda UK have told  me that technical have said that HBA, for which I paid last June can be added to my car and that I need to get the dealer to make the necessary changes. The Dealer was most unhelpful initially telling me that it couldn't be done. I have now asked Skoda UK and the Dealer to talk to one another to resolve the issue. Really not good enough.

I am not sure I would pay for any Skoda 'software' updates or upgrades as the current crock of cr@p they call software is a total waste of money, even if you pay the chances of it working 'properly' are slim.

Since posting I’ve had a very positive experience. I paid the £179 for the HBA from the shop screen in-car, thought I would get sent a code for me to take into my dealer for the upgrade to be installed. 
Imagine my surprise when after meeting friends for lunch I got back in my car to drive home approx 3 hrs after purchasing update I found it had been installed whilst car was sitting in pub car park. I was amazed that it was that simple, completely restored my faith in ŠKODA I am now a convert!

only negative to add to this is that my dealer had no idea how to do this and told me categorically it could not be upgraded!!! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GRA52 said:

only negative to add to this is that my dealer had no idea how to do this and told me categorically it could not be upgraded!!! 

Sounds about right. The staff at my local dealership are an absolute bunch of morons! They have absolutely no idea what they're doing, not the sales team and definitely not the service team! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GRA52 said:

Since posting I’ve had a very positive experience. I paid the £179 for the HBA from the shop screen in-car, thought I would get sent a code for me to take into my dealer for the upgrade to be installed. 
Imagine my surprise when after meeting friends for lunch I got back in my car to drive home approx 3 hrs after purchasing update I found it had been installed whilst car was sitting in pub car park. I was amazed that it was that simple, completely restored my faith in ŠKODA I am now a convert!

That's good to hear. How well does it work, and would you recommend it?

41 minutes ago, beasty54 said:

Sounds about right. The staff at my local dealership are an absolute bunch of morons! They have absolutely no idea what they're doing, not the sales team and definitely not the service team! 

Good thing I don't live anywhere near Lincoln then...  🤣

• Sponsor
On 05/12/2021 at 12:09, PetrolDave said:

That depends whether the feature needs a FEC (Feature Enabling Code) as well as a coding/adaptation change - VAG are making more and more features require a FEC.

RE 2Q0 ADAS cameras 

High beam assist isn't SWaP 

Lane assist & traffic sign recognition are. We can activate both

Edited by East_Yorkshire_Retrofits

13 hours ago, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

RE 2Q0 ADAS cameras 

High beam assist isn't SWaP 

Lane assist & traffic sign recognition are. We can activate both

Sorry, being a bit dull, can you activate Traffic Sign recognition? I have an SE L.

20 hours ago, zetzet said:

Traffic sign recognition is in the store at skoda-connect.com. Don't know how well it works, but it's there.

I picked up an SEL First Edition a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen the Traffic Sign Recognition showing up anywhere in the store. Have you got a screenshot? It's something I wouldn't mind adding.

49 minutes ago, JamesK said:

I picked up an SEL First Edition a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen the Traffic Sign Recognition showing up anywhere in the store. Have you got a screenshot? It's something I wouldn't mind adding.

Well I don't have SEL first edition, I don't even have maps, but it's in the store.

Screenshot_20220205-111645.png

8 hours ago, matrix2020 said:

Sadly looks like Traffic Sign Recognition is not available via the store in the UK.... Well its not available for me, just HBA, which I don't want. 

Yeah same on my car, only the HBA is available in store.

Although it could be because I’ve only got an SE Tech so maybe don’t have the equipment for Traffic Sign Recognition.

• Sponsor
15 hours ago, Tingle said:

Yeah same on my car, only the HBA is available in store.

Although it could be because I’ve only got an SE Tech so maybe don’t have the equipment for Traffic Sign Recognition.

Your car has the necessary hardware, I believe they all/most of them have the ADAS camera in the UK on the MQB2020 platform 

Edited by East_Yorkshire_Retrofits
  • Like 1

I asked Skoda support about getting Traffic Sign Recognition added to the UK store, and got the following response.

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the Traffic Sign Recognition function for your ŠKODA OCTAVIA HatchHaving checked with our Parts Support Team, I can confirm that the Traffic Sign Recognition is not available for your vehicle. I am sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Pretty much the response I expected to get.

2 minutes ago, JamesK said:

I asked Skoda support about getting Traffic Sign Recognition added to the UK store, and got the following response.

Pretty much the response I expected to get.

That's so weird, it's hard to believe they make different cameras. Maybe it's only the first edition things, like how wireless android didn't work at first.