Nicholas Latifi (two)

A

Max Verstappen (two)

Yuki Tsunoda (two)

Daniel Ricciardo (two)

Alex Albon (two)

Kevin Magnussen (two)

Sergio Perez (one)

I've been thinking about how the sport is going and I think since Liberty media took over and said it wanted the sport to become easier for the fans to get more behind a driver/team ( more akin to mainline US sports) like by insisting they don't change helmet designs in a season so it's easier for the fans to easier identify a driver again more like in mainline US sports and this has run over into some of the stewarding decisions of late,, in the past a driver might of exceeded the track limits but the stewards decided that he didn't gain any real benefit so gave him the benefit of doubt but the US viewers don't understand this leniency and want hard/fast rules that they can understand ?  

They should use the tech available and stuff like from Formula-e.

They know where the 4 corners of the car is or can do if they want, they know where the track is and the computers can tell where cars are the cut each other off.

So show the driver in the cockpit automatically the 3 times off track because they can not slow and get around corners etc, or that they have obstructed another or what ever and then if they do it again to pit the car and their race is over.

Stop their team having to communicate warnings or when to take a penalty.  Make it clear to the driver, the spectators and the tv audience.

• Like 1

I think the new FIA president didn't appreciate being challenged or ignored by the drivers or teams immediately after his appointment.

I mean, he had a massive strop and threatened to ban Hamilton from racing for not attending the FIA prizegiving.

He also didnt like the teams forcing the sacking of race director Masi.

Its clear to me where these clampdowns on trivial rules are coming from. 

The head shed, whose name I forget since he's not remotely as famous in motorsports as Balestre, Moseley or Todt.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

Well I had to go and look him up.

Able to pay for extra works cars at Ford and Toyota, his impressive World Level motorsports career includes:

WRC wins - 0

WRC podiums - 0

WRC points - 12 ( over a period of 8 years)

(And 14 local rally titles)

Clearly hes much much faster than me and talented too, but it seems that money can buy anything in the Middle East these days... the Football World Cup being an obvious example.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2022 at 11:26, nige8021 said:

I can see Vettel walking away at the end of the season after this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/62108286 

@Robjon as I predicted a few days ago, ok that might not of been the reason but I think he was generally getting fed up of a lot of the BS surrounding the sport in the last few years  ?

• Like 1

^^^^
Also as happens with every sports person, their career reaches a point where they begin to lose their competitive edge and abilities become blunt. Or plain and simply they no longer want to do it. Quite rightly Vettel has decided to call it a day.

Edited by Gmac983
  • Like 1

GR63 Pole Position.

Fantastic.

Car problems put

Hamilton 7th

Verstappen  10th

and Perez couldn't get out of Q2.

Sunday then?

Ferrari must be favourites from P2 and P3 on the grid, but let's just hope George can fend them off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nige8021 said:

Alonso has signed for Aston Martin on a multi year contract https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/62376428 

Alpine strategy can sometimes be as bad as Ferraris.

Surprised Alonso, as a working class hero, is OK with working for a team who employs a driver as he is owner Dad's son rather than his talent, or lack of it.

Piastri may well have signed for McLaren as soon as Alpines option on him expired.

Or else he and Webber are still negotiating with Mclaren and are just clarifying their contractual position.

Looks like McLaren will be in court again over driver contracts.

They have already poached champ Alex Palou in Indycar from Chip Ganassi to start a dispute.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Fastest 3 guys today all starting at the back due to drivetrain penalties. Max Charles and Lando.

Race could be looking like a gift for Carlos, since Checo is slow today too.

The time difference between Max and the rest in FP2 he'll be up with the leaders in a few laps 

2 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

0.6? What fuel loads did they have on? What engine modes?

0.8 to Charles and 1.1 to Carlos but as you say who knows what modes/levels were used ?